• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Adding Loperamide to reduced opioid dose?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I get my weekly opioid script on a Monday and never quite make it last. I'm doing much better but usually end up having to take half-doses on weekends. If I were to take Loperamide + the half dose, would it sort of balance out and give me the same effect as if I'd taken my regular dose? Surely the Loperamide would at least make some difference?
I'm talking prescription-amounts of Loperamide here, not mega-doses.
I'm usually in some withdrawal with the half-doses so hoping the Loperamide would aide with that.

Personally I don't find loperamide to feel centrally active or effective at alleviating withdrawal in lower doses (I feel like minimum doses need to be in the 16mg range). I accidentally got hooked on loperamide once for a few years (it was an artifact from a high dose tramadol taper I had done) and had continued with the loperamide as i never seemed able to find a convenient time to quit. Doses ranged from 60mg to 2mg at the end. The withdrawal from 2mg was actually quite noticeable, and lasted a surprisingly long time (perhaps 10 days). Mainly consisted of that typical opioid withdrawal paresthesia, mild body aches and difficulty sleeping (all of which were not severe, though clearly palpable).

Back to the topic, I think the problem with your idea is that you might need a toxic amount of loperamide to make up the difference. What is the opioid you are taking, and at what dose?

Nigella Sativa oil is a pretty powder potentiator, you might want look into that...

The two issues I see would be using Loperamide on a regular basis, which usually doesn't lead anywhere good as things usually progress beyond directed doses. Second would be the tolerance increase Lope adds which would make the half doses on weekends become no doses on weekends and higher doses of lope.

Lope is really best used as a last ditch, heavy WD aid from things like Heroin or hi dose pharmas when taper plans go terribly awry. It works poorly as a band aid for a half a day here and there ime.

couldn't you do some cwes on some co-codamol and combine it with the dhc? so on the weekend you take the half dhc dose and use the cwe'd codeine on top to even it out until you reach your normal dose, you've been having this issue for some time, isn't there any way that your doctor would prescribe you a higher mg option?

couldn't you do some cwes on some co-codamol and combine it with the dhc? so on the weekend you take the half dhc dose and use the cwe'd codeine on top to even it out until you reach your normal dose, you've been having this issue for some time, isn't there any way that your doctor would prescribe you a higher mg option?

I already do that a lot with Paramol but been buying so much lately I'm running out of pharmacies that don't remember me so trying to take a break.

how far is the closest city? try in a neighborhood in that city and when you do even if they give you some, don't stop entering, until you finish with the neighborhood. next time do the same with another one, etc. if you diversify it enough between cities neighborhoods, workers etc there shouldn't be issues, especially if your city and the next one is big. anyway they should be otc, no? there aren't too many questions asked at otc stuff, with our version of otc codeine I used to buy 4-5 packs at once and do that at several pharmacies from the same chain, and here chains are very strict but they couldn't give a shit about otc stuff, they are not as worried about your health as they are about losing a license, so in this case they don't risk anything

it's very shitty to be in withdrawal every week, I'm sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator: