Venting addiction is so fucking lonely

I feel you. Birds of the same feather stick together. We're waiting for you in the dark side.

Life after kicking the habit is equally lonely.

I'll go one further, physical life, being separated in a physical body trying to connect with others is a lonely venture.

I have to say though I did grow up outstrategize all my life for liking drugs. i gave a shit till I hit 35. Then I just look for like minded people. I so could care less what others think now. Younger when I had to deal with parents and family it did bother me, I will say this, trust comes back with family by continually being true to myself but also showing I would not screw anyone over anymore. Took about 10 years to get everyone's trust. Now no one knows anything. Legal issues, felonies were over 33 years ago and do not show on any background checks. Was pre computer. I got lucky.

Just wanted to add that in Trainspotting Two there's a really good scene in which Spud calls Heroin the friend that never leaves you. I guess, in a way, it's also the friend that never leaves you alone and that ends up ambushing you.

Unfortunately, we don't feel the damage we cause in other's lives, but we feel our own fucked up version of guilt and remorse for all of our actions and mistakes.

It hurts to feel alone, but give it time, make proper amends, make new connections, and you will find social bonds once again.

We have to consciously allow ourselves to feel these emotional burdens we've placed on ourselves, analyze them, push them away, and maybe soon you'll find your skin a little bit more comfortable.

Life after kicking the habit is equally lonely. Had a heroin habit for 10 years. I managed to kick the habit, which meant cutting off all contacts with anyone that uses or can provide dope. At least back then my libido was zero, which I liked.
I really resonate with that. I’m in the same position, agitated about dealing with constant libido after getting sober

I really resonate with that. I’m in the same position, agitated about dealing with constant libido after getting sober

+2😂

However at least I’m becoming a more attractive proposition now, much better than being a hopeless junkie.

Regarding OP….absolutely I feel you. There was a six month period towards the end of my using where I didn’t speak to another human being other than occasionally arguing with a psychiatrist or buying something in a shop. I got clean and that changed pretty quickly though, my suggestion is go to places where there are other people that are/were in the same position as you and are clean or trying to get clean.

....my suggestion is go to places where there are other people that are/were in the same position as you and are clean or trying to get clean.
^this^

I'm not a big fan of 12-Step programs but I will say that attending some kind of support group really helps. Go to meetings regularly and talk to people-- before, during, and after the meeting. Addicts understand each other.

people either pity me like some sort of sick fucked up animal or they dont want anything to do with me. i dont necessarily blame either party but its just sad not being able to honestly be around people without pushing them away or being a burden.
I notice alot of times what I perceive is not reality, I might think someone hates me or is making fun of me but then you go talk to that person and you are the last thing they were thinking about. We get stuck in are own head, see I had a terrible accident that changed the way I look now I need plastic sugery this is not fun I got to the point of almost commiting suicide where the first thing I thought about when I woke up was to end it reall quick with an OD but then I started to realize that Im not my body Im not my face, I am an infinte spirit and a inchangeable soul that will live on in many other lives. You see I watched hundreds of NDE near death exp. and they all are the same with a few degrees of difference. THe person dies they rise up over their body and see the body lying there on the bed then the brightest tunnel of light kinda sux them into it after that they are usually in a white room with no walls jsut white everywhere this is when they say the feeling of extreme bliss that is much stronger then anything they ever felt on earth alot of times they say it felt like home TRUE HOME not some shitty apartment that shakes to much cause its next to a railroad, Also at this time they say they become omnipresent that they can touch , feel, see anything in the universe After that they hear a voice usually a family member or a deep friend that allows them to answer questions. Then they are told that their life on earth is not finished and that they will have to go back and usually everyone says HELL NO IM STAYING HERE this feels too goooood! But at some point they are forced back into their body and wake up in the hospital.

I'll go one further, physical life, being separated in a physical body trying to connect with others is a lonely venture.

I have to say though I did grow up outstrategize all my life for liking drugs. i gave a shit till I hit 35. Then I just look for like minded people. I so could care less what others think now. Younger when I had to deal with parents and family it did bother me, I will say this, trust comes back with family by continually being true to myself but also showing I would not screw anyone over anymore. Took about 10 years to get everyone's trust. Now no one knows anything. Legal issues, felonies were over 33 years ago and do not show on any background checks. Was pre computer. I got lucky.
So how's your life now?

Frankly I cant wait until my libido returns. Aside from it being one of the green-flags for my 'self' returning, it'll give me the motivation to put myself out there and hopefully get a relationship going - but in time of course, and by time I mean many months to a year down the line as a broken heart isn't something conducive to staying sober in early recovery.

+2😂

However at least I’m becoming a more attractive proposition now, much better than being a hopeless junkie.

Regarding OP….absolutely I feel you. There was a six month period towards the end of my using where I didn’t speak to another human being other than occasionally arguing with a psychiatrist or buying something in a shop. I got clean and that changed pretty quickly though, my suggestion is go to places where there are other people that are/were in the same position as you and are clean or trying to get clean.

Absolutely - looking healthier is something I'm really looking forward to.

As regards socially withdrawing during use, that wasn't so much the case with me during this (or my last, I should say) relapse due to working, however during my presently ongoing detox I haven't been able to interact with people on any kind of social level at all (which is to be expected). Indeed, this does change dramatically around the 10-12 day mark when I get the 'pink-cloud' effect which in comparison to how I am during the misery and stress of active-addiction feels like a manic episode but without any delusions or difficulty sleeping. My brain had been starved of natural-sleep and endorphins for so long that I was just so happy at the sudden return of each along with not waking up in withdrawals.

I recall telling a former psychiatrist this before and they wanted to put me on something to "level out my mood", a suggestion I quickly shut down as I then didn't and still don't want to be depending on anything at all. Besides, the very reason I dared try smoking heroin that first time was because none of the anti-depressant nor anti-anxiety medications she had prescribed had ever worked for me - apart from some nasty side effects. I eventually received a diagnosis of treatment-resistant depression/anxiety and after giving Lithium treatment (their last option for me) a decent go for a while only for that not to work either (and my expectations weren't lofty by any standard - I just wanted to feel 'normal' and able to function/study/work like all (or most) of the other people around me).

After being more or less told they didn't have any new options for me (save trying even more combinations of medications I'd previously been on) I came off the Lithium and for about 6 months I was hoping I'd wake up and things would begin to get easier but of course they didn't. My best friend at the time had let it be known to me that he had been shooting heroin for the last three years and I knew I didnt want to go down that road or it could very well be the end of the road so to speak. All I was using at that time would have been a few benzos here and there (which I didnt have a solid plug for) and the 30mg codeine tablets I had been buying from his brother for my back pain. It was when he stopped taking them, thus my supply running out that said friend told me that the only other thing apart from more codeine that would help with the pain (and as he added, the incredible depression that had made me a recluse) was heroin. I thought he was suggesting I shoot up but after he said I could smoke it instead, then watching him smoke it on front of me that he let me smoke a couple of lines from his own stash that my path into it began. I'm grateful I never got into shooting up every time and stuck to smoking it though.

Definitely went off on a tangent there so apologies for that if you read the above and were looking for something else; I just let that flow out of me, typing to eyes that may read seems productive to me and seeing as though I have another 14 days before I begin my new job, there'll no doubt be much more of that (the typing/posts/threads - not the tangents) when the energy allows.

Yeah I mean I lost all my non drug attic friends a long time ago. And then when I got clean I lost all of my friends all over again. It can be kind of lonely no matter what.

.we all have our own issues to work on. Many of us all have that one thing in common.

There are certain people that took advantage of me while I was in a vulnerable place. There are parts of me that want nothing to do with them ever again. However I'm not blind to their struggles and might be open to allowing them back in my life if it helps them somehow.

I know, it sucks. I alienated myself from a lot of my sober friends because they couldn't deal with me, and the only ones who stuck around were just as messed up as I was!

I've been blessed to have a couple of very forgiving friends & family who have stuck by me, and now some of my old pre-addiction friends are starting to return now that they see how hard I've been trying to turn my life around.

And you'll always have friends here at Bluelight! ❤️

Peace, Love & Faith,
Dreamflyer