• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Addicted to my bong? My story

Paidinfullkazr

Greenlighter
I am a new user to blue light though I've been coming to this website for years unregistered.. For advice. As I've read in other threads on BL. There's a number of bud smokers who experience a different level of dependence when using the bong on a routine basis. Let me start, well.. From the start. 12 years old. I smoked a clip of a blunt with my older cousin who was around 20 at the time. I remember being so high off of like 2 or 3 pulls. after that I would smoke every few months but In a "bindge" (excuse my spelling) but I would smoke it out of home made pipes would barely smoke blunts/Js after a year or so of this, (still in junior high) I learned how to roll a Dutch master and instantly fell in love. I'm from bk New York so that's pretty much all we smoke on this side besides woods and Phillies. Anyway I would smoke about 2 blunts a day, this was a lot for me at such a young age (13-14) I would stay high for hours off of a few pulls. Now being just over 9 years since my first toke (I'm 21 now) I find myself now being high 24/7. Smoking over 7 grams a day from my bong. I have no emery, can't wake up in the morning, can't even think about sleep without at least 2 dubs ready to load in my bong. I can't eat without it. I find myself in a full blown addiction and actually experience physical withdraw from it. There's been a few times that I needed to go to bed without it being that my friend wasn't around or just couldn't spare the money to buy. Point is I would literally stay up until the morning. Every time. If I try to quit I actually shake at times and throw up. I get sick to my stomach and get pounding migraines even a week after quitting. Until I just say fuck it and hit my bong again and all my symptoms vanish. Someone please give me some helpful advice? I don't plan on being a pothead forever. At least not a pothead that is so addicted that I experience hard drug-like withdraws. I would say this is from basically growing up smoking and starting at such a young age. But anyway Thanks for your time guys!

welcome dude, bonging fans the flames for sure, when you're at the point that you can't even stomach food without herb then it's time to take a cold-turkey break, it can take a few weeks to start feeling normal again. after that can always try sticking to a pipe or pinners and just taking it easy, ime there are some people who abuse their DoC because they want to feel really fucked-up and they end up with no option but to quit if they want a life they can control, but if you can restrain yourself and be satisfied just toking to unwind a little then it's possible to carry on a healthy relationship with it

Thanks man, I was kind of thinking the same thing ? Guess I just need to use will power. Mind over matter eh? This should be fun.

the first few days suck, especially the restless sleep... usually people say it's good to tire yourself out, i would add drinking calming teas or even having a beer at night to make it easier. ime after the first week it gets easier and you start to get an appreciation for sobriety again. the allure of the herb is strong but after a while of abstinence the mind finds other ways to stay engaged

d'oh! yeah when the people around you still toke it's difficult to take a break, it sounds a lot easier than it actually is to just "make friends that don't toke", especially when you can never tell which non-toker looks down on drug users in general. still, you can come up with some social activities to do with your toker friends that will still be fun sober (e.g. frisbee in the park, pick-up games)

bongs are just so convenient it's so easy to get hooked.

one of my friends were dying for his bong to break because he found it was holding him back. the bong ended up breaking and he was awkwardly happy. he didn't wanna accept it maybe? he called me as it happened..

bongs make it easy to be a total pothead.

I was in the same boat for years smoking HQ's every day and the best decision I ever made was getting rid of my bong! Bong's change the way I smoke, instead of smoking a nice bowl from the pipe or a J and getting good & stoned I find myself smoking bowls every hour or so to keep a mild-high going. I still smoke almost daily but I just make sure its not until all my responsibilities for the day are dealt with and I can just chill and enjoy it %) its hard at first but if you manage to change up your routine not only will you be able to eat & sleep properly again (aswell as saving SO MUCH money), youll appreciate getting stoned wayy more. Hope this helps good luck.

bongs are just so convenient it's so easy to get hooked.

one of my friends were dying for his bong to break because he found it was holding him back. the bong ended up breaking and he was awkwardly happy. he didn't wanna accept it maybe? he called me as it happened..

bongs make it easy to be a total pothead.

Try as I might, I just can't disagree with this. I don't use my vaporizers very much, and although I've got a joint roller I find it much more convenient and satisfying to use my bongs. Easy to use when drunk :)

Honestly, I also find it a lot easier to dial in to where I want to be with a bong.

Tom

Man, that's a stupid amount of weed to smoke and for a stupid reason. Most potheads do not have these issues. I hope it's at least properly grown chronic and not some nasty schwag. Go through the withdrawal (I am very much aware that it exists with some heavy users), and maybe in the future a long time from now you'll be able to handle a little weed years down the road.

You fucked up and smoked way too much weed. Let this be a lesson about gluttony. I smoke around 2 or 3 bong rips a day max, or dab, and I have no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I used to get appetite loss, insomnia and all that when I smoked ounces each week. That's when you know it's time to quit if you lack the self control to cut back. I had to quit for 3 years, and even after one year wouldn't have trusted myself near weed. I got like that I think because I started young and didn't understand. Man, getting stoned is so awesome in moderation I am sad to see people abusing it like this and running into problems. The good thing is that weed is very forgiving if you acknowledge that a mistake was made.

By the way, no offence but it is more that you lack self control than a full blown addiction. It's a great opportunity to learn self control and moderation. The middle way is a good choice. If you smoke that much weed, you know that you don't really get high anymore right? There is no transition to a higher state of awareness because your system is already saturated and your tolerance is probably through the roof. You're just warding off withdrawal symptoms at this point... sure you can keep doing that but is it worth it? Less is more with a lot of things in life.

Notice the paragraph formation? Your post is all over the place and it's an annoying wall of text. More people will read it if you split up the text.

Last edited:
Why dont you try swapping to vaping?

I killed my 15 year bong and tobacco habit by switching to vaping only.

Fuck combustion!

I use way less weed now, i feel less like i need to re dose as much and the high rocks.

personally ive used nothing but a 3.8 gallon g bong for the past ten yrs or so but blunts still work, social smoking not as much.