Addicted to fast music

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Lol, for serious now. Ever since somebody recommended Frenchcore to me (a variant of electronic dance music with BPM of around 200) and after the first reaction was like "ugh, what's that", then I began to fall in love with it and ever since I am listening to this stuff so often that I wonder whether you could get addicted to music? It helps with my ADHD as well. which grew pretty bad these days since I withdrew off drugs. Remember one lady from the psych ward who told she was listening to psytrance, then I asked whether she was going to festivals but her answer was, no, it calms me down and helps me fall asleep. She had ADHD as well.

What do you think?

ROOTS BLOODY ROOTS!!!!!

Now I am seriously withdrawing off of benzos and have started to feel things somewhat like I used to, I notice two things

1) I like music much more. I had noticed I really don't care about music anymore. I used to simply just chalk it up to recent major trauma which definitely played a part. Anhedonia, lack of motivation, endless loathing against anything played in major or expressing joy. But it wasn't the whole truth. There was also the fucking benzo NUMBNESS.

2) I need to blast metal and fucking mosh and pogo around in my home if I have no other task because I CAN'T FUCKING STOP FOR A SECOND!!! Sweat is insane. Also keeps me off of overwrought trauma and scenario running.

oh, I just remembered grindcore exists. I am definitely gonna catch all the lost time doing anything else than fucking BLASTING AND BLAZING!!!

1) I like music much more. I had noticed I really don't care about music anymore. I used to simply just chalk it up to recent major trauma which definitely played a part. Anhedonia, lack of motivation, endless loathing against anything played in major or expressing joy. But it wasn't the whole truth. There was also the fucking benzo NUMBNESS.
I think listening to music you like releases loads of dopamine, at least faster styles absolutely feel dopaminergic, not unlike a mild stimulant - and benzos might block this... They feel depressing to me anyways, but withdrawal must be hard. Congrats to that you did it!

2) I need to blast metal and fucking mosh and pogo around in my home if I have no other task because I CAN'T FUCKING STOP FOR A SECOND!!!
This! And on top of it I can focus better with music on, I did get bad ADHD ever since I've stopped drugs and the music helps me focus to stuff like writing postings here. Unfortunately it's also distracting, I try to learn Spanish and need more focus so badly..

Same thing kinda , i love to blast death metal before bed (bathory would be black?) When i wake up punk is must with coffie and punching bag haha , these last few days im stuck on Motorhead (deaf forever 🤘🤘). Only thing i cant figure out is why punk makes me wanna snort speed and drink beer or any booze really, just cant help it (also strange agression and madness is released but i fucking love it )...

Music is literally a drug to me. I notice if I go without for a couple days my “tolerance” will literally drop and the first couple tracks sound extra damn good. I get a euphoria from music that I don’t think everyone (or many for that matter) are able to achieve.

Everyone has different natural levels of music appreciation, a small subsection of the population can’t appreciate it at all. I swear I’m that person on the complete other side of the spectrum. Good music is akin to a nice line of cocaine, the best heroin, or that one magic roll you remember from your early days.

For me though it’s slow melodic bass beats that I dig, but I can get down to fast too.

-GC

Music is literally a drug to me. I notice if I go without for a couple days my “tolerance” will literally drop and the first couple tracks sound extra damn good. I get a euphoria from music that I don’t think everyone (or many for that matter) are able to achieve.

Everyone has different natural levels of music appreciation, a small subsection of the population can’t appreciate it at all. I swear I’m that person on the complete other side of the spectrum. Good music is akin to a nice line of cocaine, the best heroin, or that one magic roll you remember from your early days.

For me though it’s slow melodic bass beats that I dig, but I can get down to fast too.

-GC
I agree but Line of coke or heroin with good music is even better hahaha 🤘🤘♥️
Also i met few People during my life that tell me music means nothing to them, that was a shock to me :s

Lol, for serious now. Ever since somebody recommended Frenchcore to me (a variant of electronic dance music with BPM of around 200) and after the first reaction was like "ugh, what's that", then I began to fall in love with it and ever since I am listening to this stuff so often that I wonder whether you could get addicted to music? It helps with my ADHD as well. which grew pretty bad these days since I withdrew off drugs. Remember one lady from the psych ward who told she was listening to psytrance, then I asked whether she was going to festivals but her answer was, no, it calms me down and helps me fall asleep. She had ADHD as well.

What do you think?
For me it happens the opposite, I get amazing results from the opposite:
ambient/drone... and The Necks, this group is something else and great therapy for my ADHD.

Also i met few People during my life that tell me music means nothing to them, that was a shock to me :s

I don't trust 'em.

For real though, I actually don't feel that way, but it does weird me out. I picked up a co-worker from the sirport once, a long time ago. I was feelin' good, jammin' out in my car. He got in, and after saying hi (it was my first time meeting him in person), my first question was, alright man, what do you like to listen to? He was like uh, I don't know. I don't really like music.

Whaa??

yeah, I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Oh.. okay

*birds chirping*

Oh, I got it. I listen to soft jazz.

Ok...

yeah, I have one CD, it's a soft jazz CD.

Okay, who is it by?

No idea, it's just the one thing I have. I think I've listened to it once or twice.

It was an awkward ride back to the office...

I don't trust 'em.

For real though, I actually don't feel that way, but it does weird me out. I picked up a co-worker from the sirport once, a long time ago. I was feelin' good, jammin' out in my car. He got in, and after saying hi (it was my first time meeting him in person), my first question was, alright man, what do you like to listen to? He was like uh, I don't know. I don't really like music.

Whaa??

yeah, I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Oh.. okay

*birds chirping*

Oh, I got it. I listen to soft jazz.

Ok...

yeah, I have one CD, it's a soft jazz CD.

Okay, who is it by?

No idea, it's just the one thing I have. I think I've listened to it once or twice.

It was an awkward ride back to the office...
Hahaha well atleast you can be "DJ" for as long as you want but its narrow minded i gues and kinda selfish/narc..
One person i knew was Like that is my ex (i wonder why ex lel) anyways its not the same when you know other person doesnt feel anything :/ imo its better to be with People that love music even tho thryr taste clashes with yours (Open for New shit i gues)

Oh yeah, I am astonished about how many people just know mainstream music and either pretend to like it, or believe that music doesn't mean much to them. It's a reality, and kinda like sober people believe that drugs would mean nothing to them.

As a teen I didn't even really know metal, just hip hop which was big in my generation and I didn't like it. Some pop songs were OK but nothing like the euphoria good music can bring you.

It doesn't work every day but today I got these dopaminergic vibes from Frenchcore again. Made me remember this thread. Makes me happy and craving for drugs at the same time.

Almost all music makes me crave drugs uttermost intensely (luckily I usually more or less always have some substance around of which I anyways cant really get my hands of off, which really is a huge pro for me regarding music, not only because to me drugs and.music form an absolute synergy in which the music intensifies the effects of the drugs and in turn the drugs intensify the entire musical experience - and often I can even notice, at times very clearly, a 1 + 1 = 3 effect, some.kind of.holistic element emerges that is neither an effect of the drugs,.neither part of the musical experience, however this additional element truly can manifest.itself exactly by way of this specific synergy that is constantly going on between drugs and music - but also because it both concerns matters that I attribute to the soul (I dont actually believe in the soul, its just a figure of speach and it also is a way for me to try to ignore the fact that so far I dont seem able to find a better way of saying what I want to say that actually would make some sense to anyone else but me as well), it concerns a lot of emotions too, and again this is the case for both music as well as drugs, and for every musical vibe there can be found a complimentary drug effect...)

Oh, you get the craving as well then. For me it's not too bad, and due to the euphoria I get from loud, good music alone it's much less bad than simply craving drugs but yeah it's there always. Like with real life stuff I was doing while high. I miss it dearly to stray around high as fuck on dissociatives and suck in all the impressions. Or watch movies and become the story, same with music, some drugs made me feel like I was the music, the rhythm and of course the euphoria.

A nice phenomenon with music is that tracks I've discovered while high retain their euphoria quite a few plays into sobriety. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on different factors but it's always there. I don't know if I ever fell in love with Frenchcore et al without dissociatives/empathogens. For me these two drug categories overlap quite a bit. Yeah, drugs and music can be heavily synergetic. Not every kind of music similarly, for example with hip hop I never found much connection. Not just because of the usually vulgar thematic but also. I find some hip hop or even metal to be much more aggressive than fast electronic music btw.

Just that I'm currently off drugs, my favorite RC shop vanished and I don't trust others to send stuff correctly labelled to pass customs to here because they don't respect the legality of RCs, and never had much connects to street drug dealers, certainly not abroad where I want and need to stay legal.

Oh yeah, I am astonished about how many people just know mainstream music and either pretend to like it, or believe that music doesn't mean much to them. It's a reality, and kinda like sober people believe that drugs would mean nothing to them.

As a teen I didn't even really know metal, just hip hop which was big in my generation and I didn't like it. Some pop songs were OK but nothing like the euphoria good music can bring you.

It doesn't work every day but today I got these dopaminergic vibes from Frenchcore again. Made me remember this thread. Makes me happy and craving for drugs at the same time.

Oh, you get the craving as well then. For me it's not too bad, and due to the euphoria I get from loud, good music alone it's much less bad than simply craving drugs but yeah it's there always. Like with real life stuff I was doing while high. I miss it dearly to stray around high as fuck on dissociatives and suck in all the impressions. Or watch movies and become the story, same with music, some drugs made me feel like I was the music, the rhythm and of course the euphoria.

A nice phenomenon with music is that tracks I've discovered while high retain their euphoria quite a few plays into sobriety. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on different factors but it's always there. I don't know if I ever fell in love with Frenchcore et al without dissociatives/empathogens. For me these two drug categories overlap quite a bit. Yeah, drugs and music can be heavily synergetic. Not every kind of music similarly, for example with hip hop I never found much connection. Not just because of the usually vulgar thematic but also. I find some hip hop or even metal to be much more aggressive than fast electronic music btw.

Just that I'm currently off drugs, my favorite RC shop vanished and I don't trust others to send stuff correctly labelled to pass customs to here because they don't respect the legality of RCs, and never had much connects to street drug dealers, certainly not abroad where I want and need to stay legal.
Yes, but maybe I just suffer cravings every single sober moment, but to be.honest those moments are rather rare for me lately...

Yes, Im sure you miss those moments, but I must say, I would.really never do what you did, Iiterally probably could not come up with one single scenario in which I would.so much as.even start to consider moving anywhere if I not was sure, due to a lot.of effort like travel, explore, resesrch and check out every single thing that eventually would be able to state I was.absolutely sure I would.have more than enough at the very least simply decent sources that can.provide me with a nonstopsupply of my favorite drugs and.if possibly other stuff.just for those single moments you crave for a change and I would make sure I could highly assume these sources would keep providing in the same way for as.long as it would realistucally is possible to actually make an estimate of this, then and only then I would get started considering moving, I actually got quite a few worldwide connects so in reality it actually would be quite a lot more easy for me to relocate....

Yes, Im sure you miss those moments, but I must say, I would.really never do what you did, I
I misjudged the situation, and now I have to pay the price I guess. I did my research and found that RCs were fully legal here - as in not prohibited, which should make a very relevant difference about which I was ignorant due to being used to the EU with open borders - but it showed that they still stop and seize anything powdery independent of the legality. You just don't go to prison. Also I was high on morphine and deschloroketamine when I made the decision to travel, and in my country of origin outlook was shitty because of debt, they'd seize each and any money I'd earn at some point so I decided to go live in some cheaper place but as said I'll have to pay the price. Like that I could probably have avoided the debt if I would have been sober. Don't have the luxury of contacts, I was never much into street drugs, RCs are cheaper and usually of good purity.

I'm happy to be off the morphine but I dearly miss dissociatives, empathogens and other stimulants. I'd be much faster at learning with some amphetamine.

Yes, but maybe I just suffer cravings every single sober moment, but to be.honest those moments are rather rare for me lately..
With time cravings diminish but state dependent memory (e.g. associate drug use with music, with boredom, etc) remains.

What do you think?
If you really like fast-paced music check this out