• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Addict new to pain MGMT, help!

thinkpink89

Greenlighter
Hi, new here and didn't know what forum to ask this in. I'm new to pain management (I used to get my pills thru my urologist, no signed agreements or anything, so I could call for refills whenever, but I moved states and my new urologist sent me to pain mgmt) and I'm coming up on my second appt on Wednesday. My doc gave me 90 t4s, 3x a day. I got a voicemail today saying in order to get a refill to bring in my last month's script bottle. My appointment on Wednesday will be exactly 30 days after my first, so if I come in with an empty bottle, that's to be expected...right?! I suppose I'm just nervous because although I do have a legit reason to see a pain doc (I have severe interstitial cystitis) I do abuse them on occasion, so I ran out today. Just really nervous about this appointment, because why would they want me to bring in my old bottle if its supposed to be empty?!
Also, does anyone have any advice on getting stronger meds? My t4's DO kind of help, but even when I take more than I should the pain comes back about 2 hours later. I don't want to sound like an addict if I do ask for stronger meds, because I genuinely do need more pain relief, this disease is a nightmare... I was thinking of making a pro/con list of trying a stronger opiate to read to my doc (without mentioning any specific drugs like hydros or oxycodones) to make it seem like I'm hesitant to try something new? I'm really not trying to trick the guy, I've just read so many bad stories from pain patients who AREN'T addicts and get flagged for asking for stronger opiates! It's tricky because I DO need opiates for my condition, but I do enjoy taking a good 300mg dose of my codeine once a week or so...
Thanks in advanced for your help!

Last edited: