• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall XR Withdrawal Symptoms

Halflife2

Greenlighter
Hi I have been abusing adderall for about 8 years now 3x 20mg a day everyday for the last 5 years. There is now a shortage of adderall and I havent had any in months. I feel a lot of brain fog and slow cognition. Is this normal? It has been about 3 months since last dosage

Yes it is normal.

But why did you not switch to dextroamphetamine (dexedrine) instead?

I like the feeling and motivation on Adderall. I know it’s different for everybody, but given the timeframe that I’ve been taking Adderall how long do you think it will take for the brain fog to go away

The truth is, it may never go away.

But that isn't really because your brain was damaged somehow by the prolonged adderall use, but moreso because your original symptoms that the adderall was treating for all those years have returned. There might be a bit of downregulation from the prolonged adderall use, as well as some increased brain fog/slower cognition simply as a result of you having aged 8 years since before the adderall, but after 3 months you should be pretty much back to baseline, for the most part.

However over time you will likely get more and more used to life without the adderall.

Yes, the adderall shortage was a nightmare and I don't want to relay the depths/money I've spent seeking out some of the only local pharmacies to have the script at obscene prices. Felt bad blowing cash that way but I do know how the shortage affected people. The motivation from adderall is fake regardless. It might feel like you're insanely ready to be productive, but a lot of the time the drug really can't motivate you for something you don't actually want to do.

A lot of your near future would be learning to be productive without the script. It will definitely be hard, especially specific days over others. To be honest, you'll probably like some aspects of being off stimulants. It's so up and down and up and down, eventually you just grow tired and want to feel baseline normal without it. The dopamine bursts feel great, but the comedown and everything the comedown brings end up taking a toll on you more than you probably were willing to realize. Its hard to live without adderall. Really hard but kind of ask yourself if you really want to be 48 still on a script that is known for school children and college students with adhd lol.

Off topic but how do they get a nation of people, children mostly, hooked on these ADHD meds and then just run out lol I couldn't imagine going to the methadone clinic one day and being told sorry there's a 'shortage' and we have nothing for you, take care now bye bye. I've actually never considered that happening strangely, you just take it for granted i guess, but you never know these days. Crazy

Off topic but how do they get a nation of people, children mostly, hooked on these ADHD meds and then just run out lol I couldn't imagine going to the methadone clinic one day and being told sorry there's a 'shortage' and we have nothing for you, take care now bye bye. I've actually never considered that happening strangely, you just take it for granted i guess, but you never know these days. Crazy

They didn't run out of the medication itself. The DEA imposes an annual production limit of these meds and refused to increase this limit to accommodate the large increase in prescriptions caused by the many people who got ADHD prescriptions remotely during the pandemic. They didn't agree with it so they essentially said, "sure go ahead...but good luck filling those scripts".

I know, Big Pharma really doesn't care about its customer base who depend on the medications for their livelihoods. They won't bend rules legally to overcome a temporary and new hurdle, so I doubt they feel bad about the fentynal epidemic they've encouraged and half-way created themselves over all these years. If everyone needed adderall to focus and not fail their entire life, they would still not blink watching them fail without it while they refuse to produce the solution at a rate that isn't as fast as a tortoise.

Thank you for all your input guys, i got a script actually i feel more normal but my speed of thoughts is still not there, i was abusing nitrous at some point on and off for a few months one day i did 6-7 1L tanks by myself and ended up in the psych ward. Do you think this did permanant damage to me that made me slower?

They didn't run out of the medication itself. The DEA imposes an annual production limit of these meds and refused to increase this limit to accommodate the large increase in prescriptions caused by the many people who got ADHD prescriptions remotely during the pandemic. They didn't agree with it so they essentially said, "sure go ahead...but good luck filling those scripts".
Oh 😲 wow! damn shame to take any guff from these swine