• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall XR, what is a comparable Concerta dosage?

cottonxcandy

Bluelighter
I ran out of my Adderall XR early (imagine that). I was taking 80mg xr and still getting some euphoria if I ground it up with a mortar and pestle (although I still felt like I did not get 80 mg at once, just slightly more euphoria when I first took it and it was still lasting as long as my xr would if I didn't grind it up). A friend has some Concerta 27mg, what would be equivalent to what I've been taking? I have only taken Adderall, will my tolerance cross over to Concerta? Basically, what is the safest way for me to do this to get somewhat similar euphoria that I was getting from the Adderall XR? I should be getting these in about 4 hours, so I'm really hoping for a quick response as I don't like to experiment and potentially cause myself danger. I do understand that Concerta will likely have less euphoria than Adderall XR anyway. Just really needing a suggestion on safe dosing.

If there are any tips on breaking the time release from Concerta, and how to dose that comparably to my Adderall XR dose I would love info on that as well. Thank you in advance.

Is redosing with Concerta the same as redosing with Adderall XR, completely pointless for euphoria? I am prescribed 40 mg Adderall XR, I've taken up to 120 mg Adderall XR and been just fine. Do you think 108mg Concerta would be a safe starting point since I've never used it?

I’m prescribed dexamfetamine and regularly take methamphetamine but I really avoid Concerta/Methylphenidate.

There is something about it that makes me feel really jittery and it’s dose dependent. I don’t think a straight equivalence with amphetamines is quite the whole story with it.

I'm not happy about getting Concerta as I haven't heard great things, but it's all I can find right now. I tried to get my Adderall called in today, but it's looking like it won't happen today. I'm in a really rough depression (had to push my legal ketamine infusion out 2 weeks longer than normal) and I can't even get off the couch today. I am also prescribed Xanax so I figure if Concerta fucks my world up in a bad way I'll just take some to come down. I'm welcome to any more opinions and responses. Thank you all who are contributing to the conversation, I greatly appreciate the help.

I'm not happy about getting Concerta as I haven't heard great things, but it's all I can find right now. I tried to get my Adderall called in today, but it's looking like it won't happen today. I'm in a really rough depression (had to push my legal ketamine infusion out 2 weeks longer than normal) and I can't even get off the couch today. I am also prescribed Xanax so I figure if Concerta fucks my world up in a bad way I'll just take some to come down. I'm welcome to any more opinions and responses. Thank you all who are contributing to the conversation, I greatly appreciate the help.
The kind of fugue state you are describing sounds similar to stimulant comedown/withdrawal. I don’t want to presume anything about your depression but with the large stim doses you’ve described a rebound low for 2-3 days would be quite normal.

Hard to compare as they are quite different.

As far as redosing, methylphenidate works much better than adderall when redosed. In fact methylphenidate is better when taken in multiple medium sized doses rather than one giant dose. Giant doses of methylphenidate result in a nasty jittery crash.

My experience with methylphenidate has all been via instant release though, never concerta. I used to snort focalin (dexmethylphenidate) all day long in 10mg increments (which is about 20mg worth of ritalin).

I also used to get the methylphenidate transdermal patches (daytrana) and chew them up 1/3 of a patch at a time.

I haven't taken any Adderall in 8 days. It's been about 18 days since I started feeling like my last ketamine infusion for depression wore off, and I've been taking my Xanax more often which tend to make me more depressed. Also, my Grandfather's funeral was yesterday, and the calm after the storm is the worst part for me.

My doctor has been working with me on dosage and just bumped me up to 40 mg XR which I picked up on the 1st. I have no refills on it since we were still figuring out dosage (and I'm unsure if they allow refills on stims anymore, they did years ago), so I called my docs office and told the girl in the office that I only have a few more days left of my Adderall and no refills, so if she could ask my doctor to call in a refill soon. Usually my doc calls it in the day I ask (instead of waiting for when I'm due again) which is why I was hoping it would get called in today. I try to be really careful about setting off red flags with my doc/pharmacy.

I AM diagnosed with ADHD, I'm just also an addict so I abuse everything. Smart, I know. I'm going back to college and just need to get SOMETHING done today, I know if I don't get off the couch today I'm likely to call into work tomorrow and pretend I'm sick which I can't afford to do.

I AM diagnosed with ADHD, I'm just also an addict so I abuse everything. Smart, I know. I'm going back to college and just need to get SOMETHING done today, I know if I don't get off the couch today I'm likely to call into work tomorrow and pretend I'm sick which I can't afford to do.
In all seriousness, get yourself up from the couch and go for a walk around the block (at least). It’s a useful first step for getting on top of a depressive episode and a stimulant comedown.

You don’t have to go far but it breaks the pattern of negative thinking and gives you a small but encouraging sense of achievement even if you do nothing else all day.

In all seriousness, get yourself up from the couch and go for a walk around the block (at least). It’s a useful first step for getting on top of a depressive episode and a stimulant comedown.

You don’t have to go far but it breaks the pattern of negative thinking and gives you a small but encouraging sense of achievement even if you do nothing else all day.
I literally can't get off the couch to urinate, and I've had to urinate for about 4 hours. It's not a depressive episode from a stimulant comedown, it's been 8 days since I've had any adderall, I also do not take my adderall every day and have not experienced depression after adderall binges. I have severe depression and I'm quite late on my treatment for it. My grandfather just died and his funeral was yesterday. Right before that, one of my best friends died, and right before that my father died. It's chemical, and situational, and I know your advice is coming from a place of kindness, but it won't help. Taking a walk won't help. Getting up to piss won't help (aside from preventing a bladder infection or preventing hurting my kidneys). I need to go for my treatment which isn't until the 5th, and in the meantime I need SOMETHING that I know will take the edge off this depression. I KNOW your advice is coming from a place of kindness, I just also know it's not even something I am physically capable of right now.

I took 135 mg concerta and was fine. Got me off my couch and I got some shit done and felt better. No side effects but also no euphoria. Funny, my doc called in my adderall 4 hrs after I took those. I was only out for 8 days because I took extra to get high. I see my doc in person, I wasn't due for my next refill until the 1st of July, but called my docs office a few days early so I would be sure to get it by the 1st. We have been adjusting my dosage so I had no refills at the pharmacy.

I'm coming down now and feel fine. Thank you everyone for helping me determine a dosage that wasn't going to harm me.