• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall XR question about crushing them

cottonxcandy

Bluelighter
I have Adderall XR and I've crushed the beads into a fine powder with a mortar and pestle, then put it back in the capsule and took it and didn't notice ANY difference from when I take a regular Adderall XR. Any suggestions on breaking the time release? Is it even worth trying to snort it because of all the damn wax in it from the time release mechanism?

sounds like amphetamine tolerance

Any suggestions on breaking the time release?

you crush the beads in a mortar and pestle. that's all it takes

I have only been on Adderall for two months, I know I have some of a tolerance and I'm sure that's contributing. But when I grind the beads in the mortar and pestle until they're a fine powder I'm still feeling my Adderall last for about 8-9 hours which is how long the extended release generally lasts for me.

And by feeling it, I don't mean that I'm getting much euphoria from it anymore aside from slightly in the first hour, I'm just still feeling the effects like energy, appetite suppression, not being able to sleep.

But yeah, I'm sure tolerance is definitely playing into it. I took 120 mg extended release today (didn't bother crushing it) and hardly felt any effects. I have a month and a half before I can fill my next prescription so I'll definitely have a tolerance break. Crazy how quick tolerance goes up, not that I'm surprised. I was on Adderall for about a month and a half a couple of years ago, 45 mg extended release, and I was still getting euphoria from just one pill a day and smoking some pot. Now I've gone from feeling a tiny bit of euphoria with 40 mg to not feeling any with 120 mg in about 2 months. Dumb, yes, very.

I'm definitely open to any tips. I'm aware I'm being stupid so I don't need that pointed out :)

Last edited: