• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Adderall XR & E -- Bad Combination?

fitnessfanatic

Greenlighter
my friend has been taking 20mg of adderall xr for the past few days to study for an exam, and she plans on taking ecstasy or MDMA hours after said test at a halloween party.

i've read just about every forum i could find trying to make sure she's not gonna waste her money, have a bad roll or worse, a heart attack. (this is literally my friend, not me. she's not worried about mixing drugs, but i don't want her to get hurt, have to take her to the hospital and explain to her parents what she did)

she's not prescribed adderall xr and has only been using it for a few days (20mg everyday for about 6 days) and is probably gonna take it ~8-10 hours before we go out, and she's only rolled once before about a month ago at a concert we went to. she had an amazing time and no crash.

thoughts? experiences? advice? anything helps! thank you so much! :)

It's going to intensify effects from MDMA & make it more speedy. It'll cause a higher raise in body temperature & heart rate. It should be reasonably safe if done in moderation, not a high MDMA dose & if a little extra care is taken to avoid overheating or dehydration.

Plenty of people have combined speed & mdma, it's one of the most popular combos, it is going to increase the dangers, but nothing to worry about as long as you're careful & don't overdo it. The real dangers come with higher recreational doses of speed combined with MDMA & afaik it's mostly about overheating due to dancing too much without breaks. If you notice her getting too hot, then encourage her to take a rest & drink a little water (not extreme amounts, just to replace the lost sweat).

Keep her away from alcohol too, that could make it worse.

Last edited:
It's going to intensify effects from MDMA & make it more speedy. It'll cause a higher raise in body temperature & heart rate. It should be reasonably safe if done in moderation, not a high MDMA dose & if a little extra care is taken to avoid overheating or dehydration.

Plenty of people have combined speed & mdma, it's one of the most popular combos, it is going to increase the dangers, but nothing to worry about as long as you're careful & don't overdo it. The real dangers come with higher recreational doses of speed combined with MDMA & afaik it's mostly about overheating due to dancing too much without breaks. If you notice her getting too hot, then encourage her to take a rest & drink a little water (not extreme amounts, just to replace the lost sweat).

Keep her away from alcohol too, that could make it worse.
Yup, what he said. It's less safe than taking just MDMA but it still isn't that dangerous if extra care is taken. Make sure to have plenty of chewing gum ready as well, she'll probably be gurning a lot. Also take into account that the comedown will be harsher than with just MDMA

It's going to intensify effects from MDMA & make it more speedy.

not necessarily. it apparently varies between people (and we have no idea why that is). some get more speedy effects and some get greatly diminished effects (with amphetamine negating the effects of mdma and mdma negating the effects of amphetamine). there's even a trip report in the trip reports section, where someone took huge doses of both, because he felt sober after normal doses and kept redosing both at the same time. this eventually ended in a trip to the er when one of the drugs wore off.