• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall XR causing widespread rash on chest and neck

Sunshinedaydream90

Greenlighter
Hi all I am new here- I figured I would post because I'm getting pretty frustrated with my situation. I'm a 27 yr old female, 5' 10", 126lbs.
I have been on Adderall XR for 7-8 years now, my highest dose being 20mg XR twice a day and I was taking Nuvigil on top of that. Currently I am just taking 30mg XR 1x day. I have noticed over the past few months (and more increasingly in the past few weeks) that whenever I take my adderall I get a red blotchy rash all over my chest. It first started there but has now spread to my neck and sometimes up behind my ears. A few times it has spread to my arms and stomach area.My face also gets quite red, splotchy and hot. It never itches but gives the sensation that I am overheating, like what I imagine a hot flash would feel like.
I should mention that I have been suffering from some pretty extreme stress and anxiety recently, and I notice a correlation between the two most of the time. I'm just a blotchy red mess all of the time. My doctor says it's a "stress rash" but I don't know if he really gets the extent of it.
I've only come off the Adderall for a period of 3 months before and my life went to complete shit so I'm Just reaching out for any advice on how to control it, other user's experiences, suggestions, etc... thanks

That sounds like a drug reaction and could be any of the drugs you are currently taking. Also could be related to red wine tannins if you drink.

The easiest way to figure out what it is is to stop taking one thing at a time , the easiest drug to stop for about a week to see which it is first.

Get a over the counter steroid cream to relieve itchinesz or an antihistamine , if you cant stop taking the adderall.

I dont think its the adderall, dunno though. Never heard of this but if it is maybe seitch to a different med .