• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall withdrawal, sneezing

Bulletproofsmile

Greenlighter
I am slowly coming off a 60 milligrams a day Adderall prescription. I take 30 ml in the morning 30 in the afternoon. Recently having anxiety problems, I'm weening off. Has anyone ever experience intense sneezing while withdrawing from Adderall. It's almost like an opiates sneeze. I am cold all the time. Has this happened to anyone else?

When I stopped taking Adderall I was prescribed in low doses what you described did not happen to me. I'm not sure where you live but it could just be allergies, and if you're in the Northern Hemisphere the weather getting colder.

Definitely not allergies. I live in South East. THIS IS PECULIAR. It's just the sneezing and feeling tired. I've gone through opiate withdrawal a while ago and I am feeling that, but no nausea or muscle aches.

There's not really anything strange about this phenomenon, as far as the sneezing/sinus-related symptoms are concerned. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the history surrounding Amphetamines and how they came to be so popular, but I'll give a brief rundown. One of the first commercially successful Amphetamine products released in the United States was called the Benzedrine Inhaler. It was 250mg Racemic Amphetamine Freebase impregnated into a piece of cotton. You would use the inhaler by taking off the top and simply inhaling the volatile vapor.

The primary indication was fro treating congestion, asthma and other similar ailments. Amphetamines are awesome for this purpose, just like the Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine that they are commonly synthesized from. I could be wrong, but Joan Vollmer, William Burroughs' life partner/wife was the first person admitted to Bellelvue hospital strictly for Amphetamine-related psychosis/hysteria. One of the primary symptoms she suffered were extreme bouts of acute asthma and almost complete congestion of the sinuses.

Essentially, the opposite of one of the most commonly cited side-effects of Amphetamines. I know I'm kind of a sick fuck, but I would be legitimately proud to say that I was with a girl who was the first human to be hospitallized for getting too strung out on a new drug.

I'm weening off. Has anyone ever experience intense sneezing while withdrawing from Adderall. It's almost like an opiates sneeze. I am cold all the time

Amphetamines work off dopamine. Take some antihistamines, it will stop much of the cold like symptoms and sneezing. Also, take Emergency-C and eat healthy natural foods. Peace out and stay happy

Well I guess ask anyone who's had stimulant withdrawals, if those exist even.
I've always wondered what are the withdrawals of stimulants like? I've never had that issue and I can't quite imagine how you could take stimulants EVERY SINGLE DAY I like to relax lol

I don't think its due to the withdrawal period specifically. Agents which increase Norepinephrine clear out the paranasal sinuses and Nasal cavities. Such as Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, amps, NRI and to a lesser extent SNRI ~ cymbalta and Fetzima.
This could cause rapid influx of dust and/or other various seasonal allergens which could elicit a sneeze. Especially when hyperexcitation of the nerves within the Nasal mucous membranes are more intensely triggered from the various stimulants mentioned.

There's not really anything strange about this phenomenon, as far as the sneezing/sinus-related symptoms are concerned. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the history surrounding Amphetamines and how they came to be so popular, but I'll give a brief rundown. One of the first commercially successful Amphetamine products released in the United States was called the Benzedrine Inhaler. It was 250mg Racemic Amphetamine Freebase impregnated into a piece of cotton. You would use the inhaler by taking off the top and simply inhaling the volatile vapor.

The primary indication was fro treating congestion, asthma and other similar ailments. Amphetamines are awesome for this purpose, just like the Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine that they are commonly synthesized from. I could be wrong, but Joan Vollmer, William Burroughs' life partner/wife was the first person admitted to Bellelvue hospital strictly for Amphetamine-related psychosis/hysteria. One of the primary symptoms she suffered were extreme bouts of acute asthma and almost complete congestion of the sinuses.

Essentially, the opposite of one of the most commonly cited side-effects of Amphetamines. I know I'm kind of a sick fuck, but I would be legitimately proud to say that I was with a girl who was the first human to be hospitallized for getting too strung out on a new drug.

That's interesting I didn't know she was the first person to have amphetamine psychosis. I guess people just ate the cotton then?