• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Withdrawal Fatigue

readyforwhat

Greenlighter
Does anyone have any personal experience about Adderall withdrawal?

How long were you on the drug, at what dosage, and how long have you been off the drug?

How long until you felt "normal" again?

How much weight did you gain?

I was on Adderall for six years at the maximum dosage of 65-70 mg/day. I am 126 days off Adderall and am still fatigued.

Thanks, everyone.

At that dosage and for that amount of time, I would say 3 or 4 months, but I've never known anybody who was up to 70mg a day for that long. My roommate was on 30mg a day for years and years and he apparently took about a month to feel normal.

My advice is to make sure you're eating well, and to consider increasing your intake of Vitamin B6, B12 and C, as they are important in bringing your dopamine levels back to the way they were before you got on adderall.

Vitamin C is a proven way to make the recovery time for extended amphetamine use shorter. Good luck, and hopefully somebody else has more personal experience with this then I do.

Thank you for your response. I did increase my intake of those vitamins and others. Definitely excellent advice. Hopefully someone else out there will have other personal experience.

I myself was on adderall for about three years. The first year I was abusing it, taking probably 90-160 mg a day. The second two years I got my own script and began taking it as prescribed, 30 mg a day(As I am slightly ADD, but very controllable at a low dose). I started getting nasty comedowns after only a few hours of dosing towards the end, so I quit completely. It took me about 3 weeks to feel "normal", although your dose was higher than mine for longer so it might take more than a month or two.

As stated before, B vitamins are great as well as vitamin c. Potassium can also help to give you a boost of energy when you need it. Stay away from caffeine if you can, as i've found this only makes me feel worse. Exercise is also great, but I know this is hard when you feel like you have no energy.

Try to eat healthy and stay as active as possible, and hopefully things start coming back around. Good luck

edit: I actually gained about 30 pounds, but this was a good 30 pounds. I hardly ate on adderall, so when you quit taking it you will most likely gain weight.

yeah ^ i can recover in 4 days after a hard 3 day adderall binge. But when I was doing other uppers, *meth... and adderall... When I quit, i just felt sort of tired/uninspired for like 3 months. But it came back powerfully

Pstyles89 - great information, thank you.

motiv311 - Thank you for the information. May I ask how long you were on the meth and the adderall and was it daily usage?

I am still pretty fatigued and I feel like I should be better by now. I think maybe this is as good as it gets and I just have to accept it? It's been 130 days.

i used meth maybe 4 months ... small amounts every day in the morning insufflated ... not smoked

i think that you feel "fatigued" but really your either just getting older, or your expectations of "sober" have been ruined by amphetamines "more sober than sober" ness

i take dexedrine, from 20mg to 40mg a day, and when it fully wears off i ALWAYS feel tired.

ya know... when I run out of amphetamines and feel tired.. I drink redbull .. *the only brand I like... and it doesn't tweak me out. But it keeps me moving on my feet

When Im bridging between script refills I find I have to have several redbulls and/or five-hr energy's to even begin to match the focused mindset I get from amphs. Its a terrible feeling.

^ you should try some ephedra tea or ephedrine pills. thats too much caffiene

I was addicted to Adderall for 4 months, and just about tweaked on 200mgs every day. When it comes to withdrawal and fatigue, DO NOT TAKE CAFFEINE OR ENERGY DRINKS. that my friend is the worst thing you could do, because then your body will become dependent on that and you will convince yourself that you need those things to get by. When you use an amphetamine over a long period of time, it permanently changes your brain chemistry, and seeing as you were prescribed it for 6 years, you are going to feel shitty and fatigued for a very long time. The best advice there is, is take vitamins, get plenty of rest, and dont do strenuous activities. It will take a very long time for you to feel normal again, and yes I know it sucks. Take naps when ever you feel too tired, basically treat yourself like your sick. Take naps, drink lots of fluids, take it easy.

^ he just said not to go with energy drinks but i was gonna say try Redline energy you can get the drink or big bottle of capsules.. ive only had the drinks and trust me.. they work!
but the poster above may have more knowledge in this department than me.. im a downer person.

although not necessary, maybe some benzo's could help, even though you are already fatigued they might help release any tension or stress you may be feeling and mellow you out so you can just relax and forget about not having amps.

and they could help you feel "normal" again. if used correctly and as prescribed. you don't want a benzo addiction on your hands.

Last edited:
^ Personally, I find Redline RTD to absolutely suck. While it definitely does work, the boost is nothing like adderall, and has quite the unnecessary body high... but I think that's because of the ridiculously high amounts of caffeine in addition to all the other additives.

It gives me the shakes and nausea more than any other energy drink or shot I've tried.

To the OP: If you're not already supplementing with L-tyrosine, I find that to help tremendously with the comedown, and with getting back to that "baseline" level of motivation and concentration. It's cheap and widely available (GNC always seems to carry it).

I was plauged by a terrible sense of constant fatigue and lethargy for about 6 months after snorting only 20mgs a day for a year. All things considered it was the worst w/d ive yet to experience

swim can't take it two days in a row without feeling VERY shitty afterwards. swim has a script but he tries to only take it when really necessary. Funny thing is, if swims Dr. ever found out swim isnt taking it daily he would probably be very mad, instead of promoting less frequent use. swim knows its better for him in the long run and thats all that matters to swim. it provides a necessary boost but amphet salts are just too much for some people when prescribed daily.

EDIT: disregard use of swim

Last edited:
I recommend SAMe as it has been shown to increase dopaminergic tone in a safe and sustainable fashion (I can dig up the studies if you want). SAMe is rather expensive though.

I second the vitamin C notion (and the other vitamins).

You might want to consider high-intensity aerobic exercise (e.g. running) as part of your daily regimen. Fatigue and depression are common when quitting amphetamines and exercise has been shown to help with both.

And to the person above me, there's no need to use "SWIM" (not because BL is special but because SWIM won't protect you here anymore than it does on any other forum).

to be honest... I take sometimes up to 100mgs of adderall a day... and afer 5 days of withdrawal I feel almost normal... So I dunno..... Resilience?

I've been taking 60-90mg adderall a day for the past 3 months. It's ridiculous. Last week I found myself out of my meds, as I'd been taking more than prescribed due to acquired tolerance, and the fatigue was horrible. It lasted the full week and I'm sure it would continue to exist for a month minimum. I think once you get off a stimulant you have to make a lifestyle change of sorts. I'm not sure what that means, but I think it's right on ;)

last time i did 100 mgs and the comedown was terrible i sat in a closet and cried and called my bitch of a ex and made myself look stupid lol