• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall vs Ritalin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Adderall, Dexedrine, and Ritalin all in IR forms and XR forms for years and I definitely prefer Dexedrine and Aderall.

However I have a script for Ritalin and I think Ritalin is a hell of a lot better than nothing, it does what I need it to do, it gets me going when I wake up and I'm able to concentrate and do what I need to do. Before I was prescribed Ritalin I had a very hard time with all the more mundane details of life unless I had one of the drugs mentioned above.

I'll probably eventually try and get on Adderall or Dexedrine but when my psych offered me a Ritalin script I took it and I'm glad I did, it has helped me maintain a balance and consistency in my work life that I was never able to achieve before.

So yeah, Adderall and Dexedrine are better but if you need these drugs and Ritalin is available take it, it's not recreational but it works, at least for me.

^ bump

Ive been on dexedrine or adderall since I was eleven.

The past year i "re-tried" ritalin .. and actually ; as far as focusing and ADD go. It works way better for me. But no euphoric effect such as Adderall has. Just a sort of "comfortable to focus on this textbook" mood.

I've also tried the "newer" ritalin's ... like focalin.. or the patches (which i chewed) and those are even better than regular ritalin by leaps.

imo the stimulant "fun chain" goes: methylphenidate<cocaine<amphetamines

dopamine reuptake inhibitors like methylphenidate & cocaine don't have the "speedy" euphoria and feelings that dopamine releasing agents(amphetamines) have.

*but: some methylphenidate & a strong opiate(oxycodone,
oxymorphine, morphine, heroin) snorted is quite euphoric. but you have to use less MPH than the opiate, but when done right it has a nice speedball effect.

Ritalin and Adderall matchups

Personally, I really like chopping up a bunch of Ritalin pills & snorting them. I've heard many people compare the effects of snorting Ritalin to "Cocaine-lite", which I think is a pretty good comparison.
Most people without question like Adderall more, but if you're just using ADHD pills every once in a while at parties & stuff Ritalin should definitely be a sufficient replacement for Adderall for you.

I tend to agree. After suffering over 20yrs as a sucessful (though I don't know why)lawyer, I was told by my state Supreme Court that it was anulling my license because they thought I had a psychological problem or impairment. They did say that if a psychiatrist gave me an eval and ok'd me for work, I could be reinstated.8o
So, even though I agreed with the "High" Court that even I though I'd had a major mental impairment (ADD, depression & anxiety) since childhood. Its just that I'd learned to adapt somewhat (by consuming the most of the US's allotment of Reverend Jim Beam. (No, more. I quit 5yrs ago. But that's when all those childhood problems came back with a vengence:
Because I couldn't concentrate, I became so bored at a high power paying job that I left. Afterwards, I found that I couldn't show up on time or even handle a "9-5" routine, that I knew the bosses work better than they did, had horrible attention to detail, procrastinated on the most important projects, couldn't hang out to my wife or later any girlfriend for more than a few months, spent recklessly, wrecked cars, etc. and on and on until I was living in a homeless shelter. People think ADD is just a kid's disease. And, I agree, that's when it all started for me but the Supreme Court made it clear that I could never work again without a satisfactory psych eval.8o
I decided to get the eval. After 6hrs. of testing and even more of interviews, the psychiatrist said he would not release me for at least one year following aggressive treatment for "extreme" ADD, anxiety and depression. We started with the "Strattera", then different strenths of Ritalin up to the max allowable a day. In the past week, I convinced my doc to switch to Adderall.
So I can end this "tome", I agree with one poster, what is very nice (but deceptive) about the stronger Ritalin is that you crush that stuff up, snort it and IT does smell and act very much like cocaine. I hadn't expected that at all and was happily surprised. So take that for what its worth.
But my goal wasn't to recreationally use, I'd done that for many years before. So, I moved up to the Aderrall and, man..., do I like that!=D Though it doesn't break up and smell like coke, it seems so much "cleaner" and I don't get jittery or the headaches. (Some of my clients broke aderralls up and snorted, but the dosage I tried that on seemed so "sweet" and "orangy" that I didn't try that anymore. But to each his own. If you're going to take any of this stuff for a long time, my humble recommendation is the Adderall. Its cleaner, clearer, stronger (I believe, for me at least), more focused and, unlike for me with Ritalin, doesn't just get you concentrating on mundane stuff you'd never do without the Rx, but helps you concentrate with energy on things that really need to be done in your life.

I took 40mg of Ritalin orally and didn't feel much of anything. I snorted 40mg of Ritalin and I feel freaking fantastic.

Adderall, however, is still better.

I was told Adderall was twice as stong, so I was given 10 mg. It did absolutely nothing for me. But Ritilin 20 mg is fantastic. Don't understand way I am in the minority... everybody likes Adderall better.

You're not the minority, a lot of people like Ritalin (methylphenidate) over Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts).

This is an old thread so I'm going to close it, please PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.