• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall vs. Focalin Contrast

MrJacobb

Greenlighter
Adderall is a great drug for studying or staying focused, been used many times. Here will be a comparison of Adderall XR 40mg and Focalin XR 40mg. Asked about this a while ago and finally tried it so here is my update and overall thoughts for those looking for a replacement or a different stim.

It seemed to take Focalin longer to kick in, about an hour and a half. The largest difference I saw was that focalin offered about Zero (0) Euphoria as compared to adderall. Concentration was somewhat the same although didn't get that focus kick that adderall gives. Foclain also seemed to hit harder than adderall initially.

One thing about focalin that I enjoyed was the lack of side effects that adderall has at the same does. Experienced just about no vasoconstriction although heart rate and BP was somewhat the same between the two substances.

Very different but end result is that Focalin DOES help with concentration and studying but didn't seem to make me want to talk to people until their heads exploded. BUT adderall and focalin, as I learned, are not even in the same ballpark, perhaps not even the same sport. There will be no drug that has the kick and wake up call as adderall does. Focalin is a good substitute but if you are looking to study or be more social/want the euphoric feeling than it is in no comparison to adderall.

Winner: Adderall.. of course this is in my experience, as we know people and their experiences differ drastically but I would assume from what I've read and experienced that this is about the jist of it. It's finals week after all! Stay safe.

PS: Not too familiar with the make up of these drugs but from "amphetamine" is it safe to assume that amphs have some sort of meth chem in them? Never tried meth so would not know personally.. And what is the make up of focalin and how does it work?

XR formulations of dexmethylphenidate are much less abuseable than instant release as compared to XR versions of amphetamine to instant release. In laymans terms, the gap between IR MPD and IR Amp is smaller than the gap between XR versions, when talking about recreational value. Not to mention expectations are going to play a large role in situations like this, their reputations precede them which effects the high. No doubt you've been told by countless drug abusers how great Adderall is and probably haven't heard so many glowing reviews of MPD. Now that this "fact" has been cemented in your mind its a self-fulfilling prophecy. Also, the gap between oral MPD and IV or nasal MPD is MUCH larger than the gap between oral and IV/nasal amphetamine.

That's not to say your comparison is untrue. And it becomes more true depending on what you are trying to get out of the drug. But "not in the same ballpark" and "no comparison" are hardly things that either I have found to be true, or could be backed up with empirical data.

Last edited:
Adderall is a great drug for studying or staying focused, been used many times. Here will be a comparison of Adderall XR 40mg and Focalin XR 40mg. Asked about this a while ago and finally tried it so here is my update and overall thoughts for those looking for a replacement or a different stim.

It seemed to take Focalin longer to kick in, about an hour and a half. The largest difference I saw was that focalin offered about Zero (0) Euphoria as compared to adderall. Concentration was somewhat the same although didn't get that focus kick that adderall gives. Foclain also seemed to hit harder than adderall initially.

One thing about focalin that I enjoyed was the lack of side effects that adderall has at the same does. Experienced just about no vasoconstriction although heart rate and BP was somewhat the same between the two substances.

Very different but end result is that Focalin DOES help with concentration and studying but didn't seem to make me want to talk to people until their heads exploded. BUT adderall and focalin, as I learned, are not even in the same ballpark, perhaps not even the same sport. There will be no drug that has the kick and wake up call as adderall does. Focalin is a good substitute but if you are looking to study or be more social/want the euphoric feeling than it is in no comparison to adderall.

Winner: Adderall.. of course this is in my experience, as we know people and their experiences differ drastically but I would assume from what I've read and experienced that this is about the jist of it. It's finals week after all! Stay safe.

PS: Not too familiar with the make up of these drugs but from "amphetamine" is it safe to assume that amphs have some sort of meth chem in them? Never tried meth so would not know personally.. And what is the make up of focalin and how does it work?

There yes is a pharmaceutical drug that is better than Aderall and is Desoxyn which are 5mg methamphetamine tablets. And among the research chemicals there is a drug better than Aderall, is 4-FA or 4-fluoramphetamine