• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall vs dexedrine

D21153R

Greenlighter
I know i posted similar topic but my doctor changed things up on me.What is the difference between dexedrine and adderall?Dont say 25%L-amp 75% d-amp, I dont know the difference.Which drug is more effective for add?, which has less side effects?, which is more euphoric/recreational?, which is smoother?.Is D-amp mental and L-amp physical?
I am diagnosed with add and adderall Works to a point. When I take it I feel normal, no superman energy, no tweaking, no anxiety last (4hr) at 10mg 1x/day(morning) but leaves me with bad anxiety 4-6 hours after dose, so I take 1mg xanax and im good.Do you think I need a stronger dose, or 2x/day(morning-Afternoon).Do you think dexedrine would have less side effects/after-anxiety.And im in college so which would be better to keep up with school? Sorry about the 20 q's, ive just been diagnosed and am trying to get this figured out.If I missed any questions or usefull information or just want to add anything please inform me, any and all information pleaser.PLEASE!!! help me asap its very URGENT!!!.

Dexedrine may be a better option as l-amp seems to cause more "physical" effects including the physical manifstations of anxiety. I think both are about equal (Adderall and Dexedrine) as far as Adhd but Adderal has more dosing options and used far more frequently.

I personally enjoy Adderall more recreationally as d-amp doesnt have its edge but ymmv.

Seven days on adderall each day got worse and worse.I was irritable,panic attacks,depression,headaches.It took my insurance 3 months to approve this and it was a big waste of time.Going to see doctor today and see If maybe theres another med that could counteract that or try another drug and wait months for it to be approved.Im not looking to get high or tweak out for days, I just want to be productive and happy.Am I posting on the wrong Forum?

Dexedrine is stronger than Adderall. In fact, it is usually prescribed only in cases where it is seen as a better fit, with Adderall being far more common. Perhaps continuing with it you will lose some of those side effects. Often drugs' effects become more manageable after a week or so to become acclimated. D-amp is more mental, generally, yes, but either can be a good choice to treat ADHD. A benzo will help ease the anxiety, but you've got the right idea to check with your doctor. Maybe you need something different, or a dual diagnosis.

Idk

Yeah im rx'd xanax 2mg 2x/day but it just depends somedays ill only take 1mg somedays i need 6mg depending on what each day brings (always had severe anxiety & panic attacks).I was a binge alcoholic for 5 years(1.75L Vodka/day).I hit my head countless times(sever lacerations open above and below both my eyebrows,also split back of my head wide open)Which required staples and stitches,So god knows how much permanent brain damage I have.

I settled into the adderall, just headaches and axiety, nothing too severe.Stopped working after first week at 10mg AM 1x/day(low dose?)Ive found myself needing 20-30mg/day to even notice improvement, I dont know what to tell my doctor, like "hey doc, I need more adderall", Dont want to look like a tweaker fiending for meds idk.

Ive heard people say dexedrine Just makes them tired, im already tired all the time,Supposedly the L-amp is what gives physical energy?At 10mg im only taking 2.5mg L-amp right? Dont know what to do, if I do switch, and wait a month for dexedrine and it just makes me tired omg.....Id give up

Another thing im taking corepharma adderall which Ive read has bad side effects and is garbage? My meds are mostly sandoz so Hopefully my pharmacy or any pharmacy can get me some sandoz and see how that works out.

I agree with this.

Dexedrine may be a better option as l-amp seems to cause more "physical" effects including the physical manifstations of anxiety. I think both are about equal (Adderall and Dexedrine) as far as Adhd but Adderal has more dosing options and used far more frequently.

I personally enjoy Adderall more recreationally as d-amp doesnt have its edge but ymmv.

I do not know the severity of your symptoms so I want to make sure that you do not take this offensively as you may seriously be one of the few who needs these drugs, but ADD and ADHD are SEVERELY over-diagnosed right now, and if stimulants are causing you anxiety, you may not have as severe of ADD as you may think because most people with ADD have paradoxical reactions to stimulants, meaning that it calms them down and focuses them whereas someone without ADD or ADHD, these stimulants would cause the same amount of focus, but way more anxiety and hyperactivity instead of calming them down.

All i'm saying is that you might want to look into your symptoms yourself and see if maybe it's not ADD or maybe it's something more easily manageable

Yeah im rx'd xanax 2mg 2x/day but it just depends somedays ill only take 1mg somedays i need 6mg depending on what each day brings (always had severe anxiety & panic attacks).I was a binge alcoholic for 5 years(1.75L Vodka/day).I hit my head countless times(sever lacerations open above and below both my eyebrows,also split back of my head wide open)Which required staples and stitches,So god knows how much permanent brain damage I have.

I settled into the adderall, just headaches and axiety, nothing too severe.Stopped working after first week at 10mg AM 1x/day(low dose?)Ive found myself needing 20-30mg/day to even notice improvement, I dont know what to tell my doctor, like "hey doc, I need more adderall", Dont want to look like a tweaker fiending for meds idk.

Ive heard people say dexedrine Just makes them tired, im already tired all the time,Supposedly the L-amp is what gives physical energy?At 10mg im only taking 2.5mg L-amp right? Dont know what to do, if I do switch, and wait a month for dexedrine and it just makes me tired omg.....Id give up

Another thing im taking corepharma adderall which Ive read has bad side effects and is garbage? My meds are mostly sandoz so Hopefully my pharmacy or any pharmacy can get me some sandoz and see how that works out.

That's a VERY low dose....Even after years of abstinence I need 60mgs of IR to "feel" anything.

I've been on both in low doses for ADD. They are both basically the same to me. YMMV. 1-2mg is extremely low to the point where they do not even make pills in that low of a dose in IR or XR. If you are prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine, talk to your doctor that prescribes it.

I've been on both in low doses for ADD. They are both basically the same to me. YMMV. 1-2mg is extremely low to the point where they do not even make pills in that low of a dose in IR or XR. If you are prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine, talk to your doctor that prescribes it.

Rx's adderall 10mg/day, xanax 4mg/day ,ambien at night, omeprazole 20mg morning.

I do not know the severity of your symptoms so I want to make sure that you do not take this offensively as you may seriously be one of the few who needs these drugs, but ADD and ADHD are SEVERELY over-diagnosed right now, and if stimulants are causing you anxiety, you may not have as severe of ADD as you may think because most people with ADD have paradoxical reactions to stimulants, meaning that it calms them down and focuses them whereas someone without ADD or ADHD, these stimulants would cause the same amount of focus, but way more anxiety and hyperactivity instead of calming them down.

All i'm saying is that you might want to look into your symptoms yourself and see if maybe it's not ADD or maybe it's something more easily manageable

Yeah I definately have add no doubt about it I have all the symptoms, except the hyperactivity, I do notice it does calm my brain, helps me organize thoughts and priorities and actually be able to get things done.Im free of anxiety the first 4-6 hours of taking it.Around 6-8pm I sometimes get anxiety and mini panic attacks, seems to have subsided after 2 weeks taking it.I do want an alternative to medication, I feel guilty that I take adderall even though its rx'd at 10mg/day I sometimes get the feeling that Im doing something wrong and about to get yelled at.

To a point, your psych doc knows what’s up. There are a whole bunch of factors that go into a proper drug combination, including other factors such as other disorders, past abuse factors, etc. There are some people who would be lucky to have any amphetamine, regardless of need. Amphetamines (Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse) are commonly prescribed with a benzodiazepine. I'm surprised nobody suggested Vyvanse. I think that drug is excellent. It's a prodrug for dextroamphetamine. It is smooth and lasts all day. If I were your doctor, I'd change the benzodiazepine over to clonazepam and possibly try a low dose of Vyvanse. The combination of the two, would be a smooth. A smooth amphetamine combined with the smooth, long lasting nature of the clonazepam, would probably take care of a lot of the anxiety you experience. The fun thing a thread like this it's highly subjective. Oh yea, your only taking 10mg IR a day and getting side effects? You just have to try the combo that works for you. Try Vyvanse. Good drug.

sorry to come off harsh but...

you take up to 4 mg of xanax every night and blame 10 mg of adderall for making u anxious or not fixing you?

and come on worrying about brain damage? what can u do?

if your behind in homework how about u just do your work instead of worrying about medications?

I prefer d-amphet, it's much cleaner and euphoric without the nasty peripheral effects of l-amp (i.e. anxiety, shakiness, uncomfortable body-load).

Dexedrine is hard to come by for myself these days, so I usually aim for lisdexamfetamine/Vyvanse (similar to Dex ER).

I still will use d,l-amphetamine/Adderall recreationally alongside benzodiazepines such as clonazepam or other long-lasting BZD's.

Might be an infamous advice, but if you do not feel any improvements on the meds, more like the opposite, I'd stop taking them daily (beware the possible physical withdrawal with the benzo stop, but it seems your dose is still low, so you are lucky) and just on demand.

During my engineering education at the university I went only to ~25% of the classes, so that I had more energy and motivation left, when it counted (exams, appointments). I realized when I tried to adjust to the standard student lifestyle I would have been exhausted very quickly (also had to work part-time). Naturally a steadily highly motivated student does not need those tipps. But you do not seem to belong to that minority.

To a point, your psych doc knows what’s up. There are a whole bunch of factors that go into a proper drug combination, including other factors such as other disorders, past abuse factors, etc. There are some people who would be lucky to have any amphetamine, regardless of need. Amphetamines (Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse) are commonly prescribed with a benzodiazepine. I'm surprised nobody suggested Vyvanse. I think that drug is excellent. It's a prodrug for dextroamphetamine. It is smooth and lasts all day. If I were your doctor, I'd change the benzodiazepine over to clonazepam and possibly try a low dose of Vyvanse. The combination of the two, would be a smooth. A smooth amphetamine combined with the smooth, long lasting nature of the clonazepam, would probably take care of a lot of the anxiety you experience. The fun thing a thread like this it's highly subjective. Oh yea, your only taking 10mg IR a day and getting side effects? You just have to try the combo that works for you. Try Vyvanse. Good drug.

Was prescribed vyvanse first but my insurance wouldnt cover it, and cant tell me why,im guessing because theres no generic and its expensive

sorry to come off harsh but...

you take up to 4 mg of xanax every night and blame 10 mg of adderall for making u anxious or not fixing you?

and come on worrying about brain damage? what can u do?

if your behind in homework how about u just do your work instead of worrying about medications?

I said im rx'd 4mg most days only take 1-2 depending on how I feel.You have no idea of my condition to criticize What or how much im taking like my doctor does.Before I started taking meds I was an absolute recluse and did absolutely nothing.Now im going to college and accomplishing things in my life that would otherwise be impossible.Dont worry about coming off harsh some some people dont understand just how bad mental conditions can get.