• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall very inconsistent

DarkArts

Greenlighter
Hi! New here! Been lurking for a decade now, but finally decided to post to see if I can get some guidance from y'all.

I have been prescribed Adderall for my ADHD and am really struggling to figure out if it is right for me.

At the moment, I am on 30mg. 15mg 2x a day. IR. I only take it during weekdays. Sometimes it really works, I manage to focus and get a LOT done, but half the time I don't feel anything at all, as a matter of fact I usually get extremely sleepy mid afternoon almost every day, which I find bizarre, especially because I'm also on Welbutrin, but have heard it does happen to some people. I would say I'm a heavy cannabis user, on weekdays I only smoke at night. Normally half a joint after I'm done with my stuff. On weekends it's pretty much an all day thing if I'm home.

(I'm currently on 150mg Welbutrin (bumped down from 300mg a week ago), 50mg Lamotrigine, 5mg Lexapro. I have pretty bad GAD, so I occasionally take 1mg of clonazepam if I have a crises. They don't happen very often anymore, though.)

Have recently done a health check-up and everything is fine expect for an extremely severe Vitamin D deficiency (been on supplements for 3 months now) and a bit of a reflux which comes and goes depending on my eating habits. Don't know if it's relevant, but I'm a female, early 40's, 145lbs.

Any ideas why it's so inconsistent? I don't wanna be on this drug long-term if it's not really effective, but at the same time, when it does help, it's life-changing and I feel like a normal functional person. I literally cried of happiness the first time the drug worked for me. lol

I have tried Ritalin before and felt absolutely nothing. Also tried Vyvanse for a while to and it made me feel like shit. One of the worst experiences of my life when it comes to drugs.

I'm asking this stuff here because I'm a resident in America, moved here 5 years ago, but I absolutely do not trust American doctors. The care I had at home was significantly better. I'm not trying to be rude and I apologize for being so blatant, but the difference is mind-blowing. (and I'm from South America)

Thank you for reading! Apologize for any mistakes. English is not my first language.

Do you take the 5mg IR’s? I’ve found a WORLDS difference between the 5mg IR’s and 20mg ER’s. And before anyone responds, I crush up the ER to make them IR. Half a 20mg ER does me so much better than 2x 5mg IR’s it’s like night and day.

Generics very often can vary manufacturer to manufacturer.

-GC

Do you take the 5mg IR’s? I’ve found a WORLDS difference between the 5mg IR’s and 20mg ER’s. And before anyone responds, I crush up the ER to make them IR. Half a 20mg ER does me so much better than 2x 5mg IR’s it’s like night and day.

-GC

-GC
Interesting! Never tried the 5mgs. I do have a few leftover 25mg ER capsules that I had to use as a replacement during the IR shortage. I might try and crush up some and see how that works for me.

TY

Interesting! Never tried the 5mgs. I do have a few leftover 25mg ER capsules that I had to use as a replacement during the IR shortage. I might try and crush up some and see how that works for me.

TY

Ya definitely give them a try, especially if they are a different brand. Don’t forget to report back on any findings ;)

-GC

I was on it years ago and had the same exact experience. It could do anything from turn me into a zombie to give me a full-blown panic attack. Same batch, same circumstances. I gave them up a long time ago.

Stimulants do be like that. Maybe youve eaten bad or slept bad the day before it doesnt work as well? Also the dose is pretty low... or maybe its just tolerance or maybe its actually vitamin deficiency.

That is a lot of different chemicals your taking knocking the brain around in many ways.
I can't really answer your question but I just thought I'd point out at least some concern about combining meds.
In my experience with Adderall I can say it works best taken solo, or a low dose benzo.
Everyone is different...