• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall tolerance, wtf

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
I first started using adderall a few months ago, about 3x a week, and I started with doses like 30mg xr + 20mg ir or even more throughout the day, which worked for me (severe ADHD). Over time, I found myself needing much less, like 30mg xr + 10 mg ir, but for a little while o was taking it less frequently, once or twice a week. Now my 30mg xr + 10mg ir does nothing for me, I can only feel it a little, like when I started using adderall. Why does my tolerance get lower when I use it regularly and then go back to normal if I take a week long break? It's really annoying.

I have been taking Adderall for about 2 months now for ADHD as well and I take 20mg irs once a day. At first it worked great and now it is the most unpredictable drug I have ever taken! It sometimes works great and sometimes does absolutely nothing for me. I found out it has a lot to do with how acidic your stomach is and the more acidic it is the less the Adderall works. I tried taking it every way possible and found sniffing to be the best and most effective ROA for me. Even still when I sniff it though I end up getting a drip every time which I cant avoid and that probably sends about half of the pill into my stomach as if I took it orally and half stays in my nose.. I have tried everything though including taking a few days off from taking it and then taking 10-20mgs more than my prescribed dose and even then its still the most unpredictable drug I have ever tried.. I wish I could figure out a way to get the most out of my Adderall everyday because living with ADHD is super annoying, especially when you take something that is supposed to make it stop, or at least not as bad. I think I am in the same boat you are morphine-dreams. How do you take yours? orally? and have you tried swallowing a little baking soda about 20 mins before your dose or any antacid? it does help a little bit for me. All in all though I am rather disappointed by Adderall and wish it worked the same everytime.. I have never built up a tolerance to any drug in like 2 days as I did with Adderall.. not even when I did oxy and opioids in general did I build a tolerance in less than a week of taking it.

Yeah, you definitely sound like you're in the same boat. I did used to sniff and I agree that the effect was way more consistent, but I just got tired of it, too much work lol. I used to use tums and it did work but then I read that it's bad for your stomach and I was feeling some weird effects too, so I stopped doing that, but maybe baking soda would be better. The thing that I hated though was that antacids seemed to make it take longer to kick in. I didn't really build a tolerance to adderall though, it was high from the start and I've only been able to lower the doses I need by sniffing, potentiating, or just taking it more frequently (but I was also sniffing a lot then). I think I never built a tolerance because I never take it daily. And now after a week+ without any, I seem to need much higher doses than when I consistently used it 3x a week. It's so damn inconsistent. I guess stomach acid must be to blame. It just sucks because I prefer just swallowing the pills by far, but it's really expensive that way.

Yeah I wish Adderall wasn't so damn unpredictable because when it works correctly it is wonderful! it erases pretty much any sign that I have ADHD and lets me live my life how I want to and just more productive in general. Try taking a little bit of baking soda with some water like 30 mins before you take the addy. It helps me most of the time, but sometimes my stomach is just to acidic even with the baking soda that nothing happens. I guess I have an amphetamine tolerance thru the roof now already! I have only taken it for 1-2 months now. Started off on 10mg ir a day and recently was upped to 20mg a day. I am curious about trying Dexedrine. I have heard it is a little better and less sensitive than Adderall is since it is just dextro-amphetamine and not mixed amphetamine salts. I believe dextro-amp is the only good thing in Adderall and the remaining racemic amp is almost useless. I have read that Adderall is 75% dextro-amp and 25% racemic I believe? could be wrong but I think that's right. Anyways good luck with it, hope it starts working again for ya... adhd is a total pain in the ass,