• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall to Vyvanse, feeling better but best way to manage anxiety and keep libido up

adhdanon

Greenlighter
I think I'm stuck on Lexapro 10 mg from using it for so long with Adderall XR 30 mg to counter effects and it always gave me that libido and go get the job done feeling, now I'm on Vyvanse 50 mg once daily with Adderall IR 20 mg once daily which seems to work well already or at least better than last routine.

I notice I have anxiety if I take Vyvanse 50 mg alone without the Lexapro 10 mg and trying to find better way to manage that anxiety, or is it just from post-ssri syndrome? I definitely want my personality and libido back after finishing grad school all these years, so I figured Vyvanse being pro-drug would cause less sides which it def. feels that way, plus I don't look like the meth-head I did on Adderall, but now need to get off the Lexapro 10 mg somehow. Could be my circumstance, but Lexapro allows me to deal with my life but destroys my personality or drive for so long now.

I was used and manipulated in a toxic relationship and thought I needed an antidepressant for law school, maybe I did maybe I didn't but just trying to manage my anxiety in a better way. I actually had ED on Vyvanse alone last time around and Lexapro seems to deal with that, but I guess just seeking input. Thanks!

Maybe if you're wanting to reduce your SSRI prescription lexapro you could reduce it to 7.5mg by breaking off 1/4th of the pill, but reducing the dose of an SSRI may have short term rebound anxiety type effects. So I'd also suggest only taking 10mg adderall IR later in the day, unless you really need that full 20mg.