• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall to come off H?

Monoemono

Greenlighter
I've been an intravenous Heroin user for 8 years and have developed a 2 gram a day habit. Luckily, I'm a successful songwriter with enough income to classify me as an eccentric... Not Junky. Ha. I've never broken the law to feed my habit.

Anyway, I've noticed that if I take about 60mg of Addys, I can pretty much take or leave H. And I have horrible Dts. For example, last week I ran out of M block 30s(when flying commercial, they get through security. H doesn't. One look at the body scanner will have you pulling that China you stowed in your ass out!) at the end of a week long NYC recording trip. Then Plane was delayed 15(!!) hours. I went 24h without anything but Xanex and I was full blown dt'ing.

I figured if they can help a heavy heavy user like me, it's worth a shot if your skin is like chicken skin... Your headaches... And you are dry heaving in your plane seat.

I've been an intravenous Heroin user for 8 years and have developed a 2 gram a day habit. Luckily, I'm a successful songwriter with enough income to classify me as an eccentric... Not Junky. Ha. I've never broken the law to feed my habit.

Anyway, I've noticed that if I take about 60mg of Addys, I can pretty much take or leave H. And I have horrible Dts. For example, last week I ran out of M block 30s(when flying commercial, they get through security. H doesn't. One look at the body scanner will have you pulling that China you stowed in your ass out!) at the end of a week long NYC recording trip. Then Plane was delayed 15(!!) hours. I went 24h without anything but Xanex and I was full blown dt'ing.

I figured if they can help a heavy heavy user like me, it's worth a shot if your skin is like chicken skin... Your headaches... And you are dry heaving in your plane seat.

I have noticed that coke either prolongs, or don't know... makes easier(?) morphine WD. There is a thread in archive maybe, or somewhere here, from a guy who claims he got clean after few days of coke IV binge. He actually said he had repeated the 'process' few times, and it allways worked for him IIRC. Although he said it only worked when he used IV (Could be maybe linked to his tolerance?).
Adderall and Coke both affect/increase dopamin and noradrenaline levels, and there are not just few similar claims... Would like to see/hear more about this.

Not Junky. Ha. I've never broken the law to feed my habit.

You've never broken the law to feed your highly illegal heroin habit? Good job, man! :)

I don't really have direct experience with using Adderall to get through heroin WD, as Adderall was something I abused the hell out of before I encountered heroin. But I've always felt that meth was a pretty good opiate WD drug, it would "fast forward" you through acute WD real quick...so I could definitely see amphetamines being good for that purpose

It surprised me how well they worked... I, of course, haven't quit, but it may be just enough for me to try. When I was stuck in NYC for a 15 hour delay coming off of smack AND xanex(been prescribed for 15 years. And I'm just 30!i Ultimately went 29 hours without anything.) I was a sick puppy. Just wish I'd brought some Addys along. I appreciate all the responses. I have a very very high opiate tolerance but a low amphet tolerance, so that may be why popping 3 blue 20s and a couple orange 20 irs did the trick. I understand it's kind of a nonsense notion saying 'I've never broken the law to find my habit'. I was just being flipant and pointing out the double standard that wealthy addicts are eccentric and poor ones are Junkys.