• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall therapeutic vs recreational dose

sapsjr1010

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here.

I'm just going with the SWIM thing I've seen...

After years of constantly abusing Adderall IR (90-120mg daily prescribed) and Klonopin (2mg-4mg a day) SWIM took 9 months off of both drugs. SWIM quit cold turkey. SWIM is trying to be responsible and not abuse Adderall but he is having trouble figuring out the difference between what a therapeutic dose of Adderall feels like and what being high feels like. SWIM has ADHD and depression. His new PSYCH is aware of his past Adderall abuse and put him on 25mg Adderall XR. SWIM is trying to figure out for himself the correct dosage he should take.

There is so much shit online. This forum, ADD based forums, articles, etc...and opinions differ vastly. Some think 40mg should be the max therapeutic dosage; others 60mg; others even higher. Figuring this shit out for SWIM is a pain. 25mg of XR makes SWIM calm, somewhat tired, and somewhat anxious (although SWIMS mind is fully calm). He misses being able to do anything while on higher doses.

What are some of your opinions and experiences with lower doses of Adderall? SWIM doesn't want to take more than he is prescribed anymore and is trying to figure out the correct dosage to pitch his PSYCH next month.

Responses appreciated :)