• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall sensitization

Drug vet

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! If this is the wrong place to post this please correct me I?m still new and learning my way around bluelight. So I?ve been reading a lot about adderall sensitization. Adderall sensitization is taking a small dose of adderall about 2-3 mgs as far as I remember, when you do this it makes your dopamine receptors sensitive and also reversis adderall tolerance but not only that it increases focus and motivation, I?ve been thinking of doing it but I?m a little hesitant because this change is long term or even permanent and also has side effects like sleep problems muscle tics and some other stuff. I can?t find that much information on this topic and if anyone knows anything about this subject or has tried doing this please tell me I?m looking for insight on this subject.

Some people may believe this.

Some people believe alot of things.

Not all beliefs are facts

Im trying to be polite

Don?t be polite. I don?t get offended. If you have an opinion about this topic speak up.

I have zero confidence consuming "microdoses" is any more effective than complete abstaining in sensitizing you to the subjective effects adderall.

I don't fully believe this either, but I did see that there are some studies showing that it happened in rats and also that there were mixed results in humans. According to the studies, microdosing adderall can be dangerous though and cause schizo like states. Not sure about the validity of that either, but it's enough to make me see it as a bad idea as far as reversing tolerance goes.

But I'm skeptical. I can't see two or three milligrams of adderall doing much of anything. Though, it says that one escalates the dosage and then after a period of time one's dopamine receptors become hypersensitized and that it has some sort of permanent effect on brain. Again, I'm not so sure I believe it though.

I have taken a mg or two of adderall before bed to see if it induced lucid dreaming. It didn't. Did absolutely nothing. Once though, due to being drunk and having taken melatonin, I dozed off while having taken 10 mg of adderall an hour or two before and had incredible lucid dreams though.

Searching "microdosing amphetamine rat" on scholar.google.com gives no relevent results.

I would be careful of claims that use scientific terms to explain their subjective experiance. Statements like "sensitize dopamine receptors" should be backed by actual research.

Okay that would actually clear some things up for me thanks to everyone?s reply?s