• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Recreational

QuickQuestion12121

Greenlighter
So me and and a couple friends tend to use recreational adderall every weekend when we go out on the town. During the week we don't drink, smoke, etc. But do on weekends. We workout 5 days a week and tend to eat pretty well and then like to let loose on the weekends.

We usually take around 30-50 mg total each, usually in about 10mg increments every few hours or so. I guess what I'm asking is, I'm pretty new when it comes to Adderall so I'm trying to get the opinion of those more knowledgeable to see their opinion on if there's going to be long term effects health wise of such doses since we do not have ADHD.

I tend to be a worry wart but never really thought too much about it before considering a lot of ppl i know do it so I guess i was just curious for other opinions, we really don't ever use it unless we're going out to party but that tends to be every weekend especially in the summer around here. Thanks!

IMO, the amount you are taking is about average of what someone diagnosed with ADHD would be taking, yet you merely take it on weekends.

I don't see any danger of dependence or overdose, though it could cause high blood pressure and irregular heart rate. But i wouldn't worry about that if you are taking the amount you're taking, at the frequency you're taking it.

Stimulant addiction hits really fast and also degrades quality of life super fast. It happened to me a while ago, and I didn't know I was addicted until I was well in to taking twice my daily dose just to feel okay. It was just one time of recreational use that lead to me being hooked on it for euphoria. But, everyone's different I guess.

I'd just reeeeally beware. What's wrong with just a few drinks? I'd imagine using adderall is at least better than using street stimulants in some ways.

I've heard of people that have gotten caught with 5 mg or 10 mg of adderall without a script, and being given a felony because of it. For even just a few mgs...so, yeah.

I have a script for it, so that's not an issue, dont think i have ADHD though. I try to make sure i dont take any at all during the week. Just the weekends. Just was wanting some feedback on if its safe or not

I actually have been diagnosed with ADHD on top of my chronic pain issues. I was prescribed Vyvanse which really helped me. I stopped for 2ish years and insurance made me go to Adderall when I decided to take medication again. I hated it. It didn't last like Vyvanse and while my concentration was better than without medication, it put a lot of stress on my heart and blood pressure. In fact, I had a heart rate of around 118-123 bpm daily and actually got bad digestive issues. Once the nosebleeds started, I realized I had to stop, and fast. Adderall is literally speed, man. If you don't need it, it's not worth the toll ot takes on your body. This is coming from someone with a high tolerance to most things and has tried most things at least once. Be smart, friend. You clearly already know it's not a wise thing to dabble in/snort if you're asking us. Get out before you get reliant or these weekend shenanigans start happening during the week and then daily.