• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall questions.

captainhellrazor

Greenlighter
I take generic adderall (amphetamine salts) 10mg it twice daily. It works really well for me and I've been on it for about a year.

When I take it, my toes become numbingly cold and my armpits sweat like crazy. It really sucks and I realize these are common side effects.

I was just wondering if the dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) variation would have these same effects.

Or, possibly another ADHD med that doesn't have these effects.

I don't mind sweating but cold feet suck.

I take generic Adderall as well, 30mg XR for morning and 25mg XR for afternoon. I experience the same exact side effects as you do. Which I do not mind either, I suffer from serious ADHD and it really helps a great deal. The only other drug out there I could think of would be Vyvanse, however it does not give you that same "UP" feeling that Adderall initially provides. Also Dexedrine would cause the same exact side effects as the Adderall and I personally feel Adderall is a much cleaner drug than Dexedrine. I hope this helped!

Ok so my daughter was prescribed vyvanse which I hear is similar to addys which I have taken wen I was in junior high for recreational use and I'm wondering what the come down is like off of vyvanse is it similar to addys or not plz give me advice I dnt want to give my child something that can have her spun

I take generic Adderall as well, 30mg XR for morning and 25mg XR for afternoon. I experience the same exact side effects as you do. Which I do not mind either, I suffer from serious ADHD and it really helps a great deal. The only other drug out there I could think of would be Vyvanse, however it does not give you that same "UP" feeling that Adderall initially provides. Also Dexedrine would cause the same exact side effects as the Adderall and I personally feel Adderall is a much cleaner drug than Dexedrine. I hope this helped!

This helps. I've heard Dex is more like the "let's party" which I'm not interested in. I'm not a recreational user I just want to stay focused on my work until it's quitting time. I just need a foot warmer lol.

I spoke to my pharmacist yesterday evening while getting my refill about cold feet and otc remedies and he said typically when that is a major issue a prescription vasodilator is used. Which are basically blood pressure meds like Clonidine.

He did mention that compound a cream that gets rubbed into the feet and toes. I may get more info on that.

Ok so my daughter was prescribed vyvanse which I hear is similar to addys which I have taken wen I was in junior high for recreational use and I'm wondering what the come down is like off of vyvanse is it similar to addys or not plz give me advice I dnt want to give my child something that can have her spun

I have never taken Vyvanse myself. If I'm not mistaken, it is a slow release of the dextroamphetamine which we discussed a little in the post above yours.

I've read very mixed reviews and it's hard to tell from those reviews if the person is using it as intended or trying to abuse it.

I've seen reports that it works great, almost like an airplane flight. 4 hour hour ascent, 4 hours at altitude, 4 hour descent.

That said, I've seen more users complain of harsh come downs. And even MORE complaints of inability to get to sleep at night because it's not wearing off in time.

I don't know you're daughter's age. But, I have some experience with my son who is now 9. We started looking into having him tested for ADHD when we was 7.

The doctor started slow, trying some of the less potent meds. I can't recall the names but there was one that made him pissed off all the time and lash out at his baby sisters and one made him an emotional rollercoaster.

Then we landed on the Ritalin skin patch. And, that worked sooooo good. Especially because we could control it. It only worked when the patch was on. So, we could patch him before school and pull it off when he got home or after baseball practice.

Unfortunately, the adhesive on the patch irritated his skin to the point where it became an issue.

Then, we started him on Quillivant XR which is essentially the oral equivalent to the patch and THAT has been the medication he has taken for almost a year now. He takes it at 8 am and it wears off around 6:30 pm. His schooling has improved dramatically, he isn't playing in the dirt out on the baseball field, and no harsh crash.