• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall paper prescription and meds stolen

Screcovery

Greenlighter
Hi everyone . I'm new here . Today , well over night, my car was broken in to . My lockbox with 200 cash , my adderall bottle with 25 pills in it and the next 2 months paper prescription for adderall were stolen. I filed a police report . Will i be able to get a new Rx from my doctor and can I get it filled at the pharmacy/ will my insurance pay for it. I have never had any issues with this before and I dont know South Carolina or federal laws about this . Anyones help is appreciated.

Depends on the doctor. Most doctors will highlight some form that you signed that specifically told you a refill for this reason is not an option.

The fact that you had it in a lockbox should help your case. Also the police report like you said should help. A friend of mine actually staged a vehicle break-in to get a refill on his oxy script, which they did reluctantly give him. But they were not happy about it, and they were very suspicious.

This should not be an issue at all. The doctor can call the pharmacy and check if the prescription was filled or not. If it was filled, then you may be out of luck. But if the dumbass who stole your meds went into a pharmacy and cashed out your Adderall, you should seek legal prosecution and pursue the cameras / leads provided. You may lose the 25 from the current bottle, but if the prescriptions were not filled there is no reason your doctor won't write you a new one.

Wow. Do you think it might have been someone you knew? In my state (PA) I have used an option at my pharmacy , I think it was called 'Lost Medication' or something and they filled the remainder that I had lost but I don't believe insurance covered it. :-(

Wow. Do you think it might have been someone you knew? In my state (PA) I have used an option at my pharmacy , I think it was called 'Lost Medication' or something and they filled the remainder that I had lost but I don't believe insurance covered it. :-(

No I dont think it was someone I know . There are these punk ass kids that go around and check car doors to see if they are unlocked. My Doctors office just called me and has a new RX for me as long as I bring a detailed police report. So I should be good. It just sucked to have to go threw all that.

This should not be an issue at all. The doctor can call the pharmacy and check if the prescription was filled or not. If it was filled, then you may be out of luck. But if the dumbass who stole your meds went into a pharmacy and cashed out your Adderall, you should seek legal prosecution and pursue the cameras / leads provided. You may lose the 25 from the current bottle, but if the prescriptions were not filled there is no reason your doctor won't write you a new one.
Your right I just got told I can go to my doctor and pick up my new prescription as long as I bring a detailed police report. My neighbor has cameras out front and we are looking to see if it picked anything up.

Your right I just got told I can go to my doctor and pick up my new prescription as long as I bring a detailed police report. My neighbor has cameras out front and we are looking to see if it picked anything up.

Sweet! Yeah smart move with the police report. If you do that your usually good. Good luck!

So the answer is going to depend on a number of factors: the laws of your state, the policies of the doctor, and the policies of your insurance.

You will not be able to get your current month’s rx (25 pills) back.

I don’t imagine you will lose the next two months, however.

First of all, no pharmacy should be dispensing CII without valid photo ID, so I doubt they will be able to fill your next two months’ rx’s.

Hopefully South Carolina has a database in place that allows rx’s To be tracked such that your doctor will be willing to write a new rx without having to worry about the old ones being filled.

In California, for example, we have CURES, a CDS dispensing database that will allow a physician to report individually lost or stolen rx’s. If those rx’s show up at a pharmacy to be filled, they obviously will not be and the police will be called.

Before dispensing CDS, a CURES report is run which checks both what the patient has received in terms of CDS rx’s and Ensures the rx is valid (ie legitime, not stolen, and not previously filled).

I imagine (but do not know) that the DOJ would force states to have such a system.

If that’s the case, you should be fine.

You will be subject to additional scrutiny and your doctor likely will never re-write an rx again in the future.

Last edited: