• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall making me pissed off?

What is the simple reason for this and do you think this is why my doctor loves to prescribe adderall but refuses me dex which I absolutely prefer. Is it as simple as the Levo salt has an NE affinity more so?

Well there's a few reasons. The levo isomer does have more NE affinity, but for both amphetamine and methamphetamine, the dextro and levo isomers have different affinities for 5-HT, NE, and DA. I could try to dig up the chart if you're interested in looking at it. It also compares other stimulants like MDMA and MDA.

Also, some people with ADD/ADHD need the 25% of the levo isomer in Adderall because they need the extra "push" it has. However, for other people, they are prone to anxiety/irritability/depression, and for them, just the d-isomer (like dexedrine or vyvanse) may be a better choice.

Additionally, Dexedrine is more potent MG for MG than Adderall is from what I know. The specific salts in Adderall do not equal up to the same number in an equivalent amount of amphetamine base.

Well put.

The next memory of this day I have is when I had a jazz class. When it was my turn to start soloing on the music the teacher stopped me within 10 seconds and I was about to freak out because I thought it was fucking up how I was playing my instrument but he said "YES! Do more of that!!!" - I was so wired I was paranoid he would find out I was balls high. I was kind of pissed off because I was a little taken aback by the compliment, but I was sure having fun soloing.

I later practiced more music (different instrument) and was doing very well! :)
I could only wish some kind of amphetamine would be released in my brain when I practice/play music. I become infinitely more brilliant! Therein lies part of the moreish aspect of it.

I dunno if it's just me but I'm moodier on adderall when I snort.

Try extended-release.
If possible, and this is my personal recommendation: switch to dextroamphetamine IR or XR (generic available), or Vyvanse (no generic available). I'm willing to bet you'd notice a drastic decrease in negative side-effects.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was in a hurry while reading through this thread, and may have overlooked something.

Yep, I definitely overlooked a lot of things...my idea was mentioned a few times already! But definitely try it if it's at all possible.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily typical of a low dose, but it is typical of taking a low doses after becoming used to a higher dose. It sounds like your irritability could be mild symptoms of withdrawal, especially when coupled with a decrease in total duration of the effects.

i used to be prescribed adderall for about 6 months until i was taken off it cause it turned me into a paranoid , sketchy lunatic. I was on 90mg a day but sometimes id even take 120-150mgs in a day. yeah i was off the hook. sometimes when im tired and bored i miss it but for the most part im glad to be off it. Now if only i can get off suboxone which is a whole nother story.

I mean I am on like 120mg right now and I'm fucking calm. Maybe you have an undiagnosed anxiety disorder. Perhaps next time get some Xanax or k-pins or something. You'll have a much better time, and you can take alot more, and get proper spun, which is the point of abusing adderall recreationally.

Last edited by a moderator:
bumping this thread. i've been taking vyvanse with no anger and no irritability, so from what i have read in this thread, that must be due to one of the salts not being present? however when i take adderall 20mg IR (mallingkrodt brand, i haven't seen anyone else with these) used as a booster with vyvanse, i definitely get really irritable, frustrated and angry at 95% of things.

doctors in the states don't seem to be open to prescribing dexedrine which lacks that extra ''push'' salt, which i blame for the extra irritation from adderall. am i looking at slim to none chances of being able to try dexedrine as a prescription with my vyvanse? are they (vyv and dex) essentially the same type of amphetamine with different release mechanisms?

why does that extra salt part of adderall cause the irritation and anger that i don't have with vyvanse alone? :!

lots of questions, i don't expect them all to be answered of course though any insight would be appreciated. i've been feeling like punching things today which i'm not used to feeling and it sucks. of course there may be other factors causing this mood of mine but let's pretend that there aren't for the sake of information on the different amphetamines.

time for kratom for this angry girl.:p

Maybe you're sensitive to the effects of the levo isomer. Maybe you should try Dexedrine.

Also, amphetamines are not for everybody.

Ah, dexedrine. The champagne of amphetamines.

Is lisdexamfetamine available where you live? Maybe that's an option? Also I wonder if 2-FA might be an option, albeit a more-or-less illegal one that for all I know might make your dick fall off

bumping this thread. i've been taking vyvanse with no anger and no irritability, so from what i have read in this thread, that must be due to one of the salts not being present? however when i take adderall 20mg IR (mallingkrodt brand, i haven't seen anyone else with these) used as a booster with vyvanse, i definitely get really irritable, frustrated and angry at 95% of things.

doctors in the states don't seem to be open to prescribing dexedrine which lacks that extra ''push'' salt, which i blame for the extra irritation from adderall. am i looking at slim to none chances of being able to try dexedrine as a prescription with my vyvanse? are they (vyv and dex) essentially the same type of amphetamine with different release mechanisms?

why does that extra salt part of adderall cause the irritation and anger that i don't have with vyvanse alone? :!

lots of questions, i don't expect them all to be answered of course though any insight would be appreciated. i've been feeling like punching things today which i'm not used to feeling and it sucks. of course there may be other factors causing this mood of mine but let's pretend that there aren't for the sake of information on the different amphetamines.

time for kratom for this angry girl.:p

How much vyvanse do you take? Maybe the dose is the problem.

How long have you been taking it?

All doctors are different. We can't really tell you how to get a script. Being honest is the best thing.

Vyvanse is basically dexedrine er though. Do you really need it?