• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall IR and feeling depressed.

blatblatpat

Greenlighter
After 1-2 hours I find myself thinking negative. I am prescribed 1 30MG IR for ADHD 1x Daily. It is very beneficial and helps me focus at work and at school. I have found the drug takes my thoughts to another level of depressing. This depresses me and my loved ones. Does anyone experience this? Are their vitamins you take to prevent the negative thinking? I don't enjoy my emotions spiraling out of control. 8:))

Amphetamines and depression are linked together, I don't know if vitamins will help but they sure wouldn't hurt.
As PriestTheyCalledHim said, talk to you doctor, maybe switch to modafinil.

I used to have a decent time with Adderall and Vyvanse, not sure if it was the switch to IR, but I noticed intense depression, just overly emotional after an hour or two, I just said fuck it.

Not sure if it is the fact that the instant release brings you up quickly, leading to a quicker decline, but yeah, got a whole script and have no want to take them whatsoever.

IR are too difficult to judge when Im going to be high or low. So I stick with the 20xr a day and love it. Given I only take the pill 2-3 times a week anyway to limit tolerance.

Lower the dose slowly, or use it on a weekly basis; it's that simple.

30mg IR taken daily will always gave you what I call the "40 minute Euphoria for breakfast"
Followed by 2 hours of "I got this" and then.....Anxiety,irritibality,AKA Comedown.

You need to realize that maybe you need to spend the initial morning rush in a satisfying way, not organizing your room while making breakfast.

Start taking 3/4ths of a pill, tape yourself. You can do this, trust me

Always remember that tomorrow always comes, and you don't have to worry about going on the street to get meth, you got your speed in the medicine cabinet. Take some time to reflect and appreciate what an amazing medicine you are prescribed to that with careful and responsible use, will lead to an overall improvement in the quality of your life.

Go to sleep. You will be in a good ass mood in the morning again before you know it. and if It improves the quality of your life then lower the dose a bit; regardless, talk to your psychiatrist. Don't be upset when they take script away from you though. Symptoms of Depression on Adderall=No more for you.

Last edited:
I'm also experiencing this, I was prescribed 10mg IR, but my doctor gave them to me in 5 mg pills so I could ease myself on them. Without weed to offset some of the side effect, the 5mg alone will drive me absolutely nuts. It makes me complain and cry all the time, (even when I'm happy which is something I never used to do). I resorted to cutting my pills in half, and taking them every 6-8 hours. I'm still very new to the drug, so I can't promise side effects like this will go away with time, but for a lot of people I believe they do.

The best advice I have for you is:
- Make sure you're eating and sleeping enough, addy keeps you awake and satiated but depression and other mood issues often come as a result to not enough food/sleep
- Surround yourself with supportive and positive people, this won't get rid of your lows but will help you snap back to reality sooner.. Depressive episodes can some times be captivating and temping to just wallow in
- Do a lot of self reflection when you get upset. Why are you upset? Are you inflating it at all? It helps me to some times look at the source of the pain in black and white, and even laugh at myself a bit if it turns out to be because of a silly reason. You are more than your side effects, so try not to let them consume you while you work with your doctor on finding a healthy balance

I really hope everything works out for you :) Good luck!

Adderall can cause depression, anxiety and even psychosis. Be careful, 30mg IR is a pretty high dose. If you really want to keep taking speed I would suggest taking the 30mg spread over the day. Maybe 10mg in the morning, another 10 at lunch and then 10 more in the afternoon if you need it. Take a Magnesium and multivitamin supplement. That should reduce tolerance buildup a bit

Pretty normal from what I've read and experienced. Back in the day when I'd be popping Adderall,, I'd find myself looking out the window on the bus at the end of the day soaking in the world after school and convinced that this was the last day of my life.

be careful with that shit man. using it once in a while won't hurt but using it everyday will because tolerance shoots up really quick for it. i don't know, i liked using it to jack off. i don't regret it at all. it was the best experience of my life but too bad that some things don't last forever. have fun and don't overdose. it is really painful if you overdose, i know