• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall hits hours later, what?

findpolaris

Greenlighter
So, here's what's up: I'm not prescribed to Adderall and I have a fairly average tolerance for it. With the intention of getting high, I swallowed a 30 mg XR capsule of Adderall around 5 or 6 hours ago, and I hadn't felt anything. I took the capsule, went home and stupidly drank orange juice because I'm sick and I forgot the acid will negate the effects. I said fuck it whatevs, ate dinner and forgot about it. 6 hours after ingestion, I suddenly start feeling very social, hyper, speedy and began excessively perspiring. I've taken Adderall before so I am pretty certain that I am experiencing the high. But I've never heard of Adderall, even XR's taking 6 hours to kick in. On average, I'd say it takes me 30 mins to an hour to feel the effects, or at least start feeling the onset, which is why I'm wondering how this time I couldnt' feel anything till 6 hours later. Is that even possible? Could the orange juice have delayed the onset? Has anyone experienced something similar to this? I'm confused (but not complaining) and I'd like to see what others have to say about this. There's a slight possibility that I'm just imagining this out of pure wishful thinking but like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm high right now :)

OH, important note: I took some Dayquil which contains DXM around the same time I started to feel the Addy kick in, but I didn't ingest more than the recommended dose. Could this also have something to do with everything?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Happy Thursday, everyone! :)

the longest i think it ever took for a XR to hit me is probably 2 maybe 3 hours. Thats why i prefer IR. But idk dude. How many times have you taken addy? Was this your first XR? The IR and XR feel different to me. I dont like the high XRs give me

Certain XR preparations have 2 peaks, pharmaceutically its pretty unique. Most ER/SR/XR formulations go for steady plasma levels but one adderall XR prep has a peak, drops down then after a number of hours peaks again.

The DXM in lower doses is a stimulant so I presume could potentiate the effects but I'm not big on either drug so I'm not sure the extent of the effect it had.

This is better suited for the BDD forum so off ya go

---->BDD

thats why i hate xr i think its over then im up again. I dont like the fading in and out part

i've had this happen too...i've taken adderall ir and then literally went to sleep and woke up two hours later very alert. Usually it takes like 20 minutes and i feel this flood of energy....it has only happenned once though where I had a delayed onset surge.

There are two peaks with XR. Maybe the orange juice delayed the second peak and now your experiencing it. Thats my guess.

Same for me..everytime i take adderall xrs(2-30mg capsules) it takes like 6 hours for me to feel anything and it goes away after about 2 hours and another 2-3 hours later I feel it pretty good and end up getting to sleep until like 4 in the morning leaving me with only 3 hours of sleep