• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall helps me get to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon610

Bluelighter
So I'm pretty certain I'm going to be diagnosed with ADHD soon and my pyschiatrist was talking about stimulants.
Usually when I take Adderall it makes it easier for me to get to sleep. Because I can focus on getting to sleep. Does anyone else find it useful for this?

Don't take adderall to sleep, waste of drugs and bad for the economy(lul). If you're ADHD/hyperactive, 200-400mg of caffeine will have the same effect. My uncle had ADHD and told me his Ritalin did this to him in childhood, and when he wants to sleep he pops a vivarin or two. This is consistent with literature on ADHD. Amphetamines are expensive and have potential for helping with attention problems, and caffeine is like 4grams for less than $2.

tramadol.....................dude.............................pc off........ now.

or you are going to feel like shit.

there i said it.

Not to be a pedantic fuckface -well, kind of to - but you mean ADHD. You can have an attention deficit disorder without the hyperactivity bit. I do. Caffeine and other stimulants perk me up like most everyone else! Just clarifying a bit.

Sorry alt 14 but tramadol_head1000 should be resting now.
I understand what he/she means, but you might be in for a long night discussing god knows what.

No offense to either of you two, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason.

Lol, I take no offense. And yeah coming off meth is no fun. Go to sleep. I'm hopping off here myself. Got a shift in the morning.

I once saw a guy sniff half a gram of crystal and then go take a nap. Every single person on this planet has different brain chemistry, so I'm not super surprised to hear that Adderall helps you sleep. It boggles my mind, but I've seen it before.

It just stops the racing thoughts that keep me from actually getting to sleep.
Caffeine does nothing for me.

I disagree! if any human (ADHD OR NOT) takes a recreational dose of Adderall/Dexedrine, they will be tweaked, euphoric, loss of appetite, no sleep, etc..I don't believe the rumor where people with ADHJD get tired from addys, I think what people really means is it slows down ur though process allowing you to focus on one thing at a time

Not to be a pedantic fuckface -well, kind of to - but you mean ADHD. You can have an attention deficit disorder without the hyperactivity bit. I do. Caffeine and other stimulants perk me up like most everyone else! Just clarifying a bit.
Me as well, but when I was a kid I tried ritalin, it made me drowsy.

I disagree! if any human (ADHD OR NOT) takes a recreational dose of Adderall/Dexedrine, they will be tweaked, euphoric, loss of appetite, no sleep, etc..I don't believe the rumor where people with ADHJD get tired from addys, I think what people really means is it slows down ur though process allowing you to focus on one thing at a time

If someone has ADD or ADHD Dexedrine and other stimulants will have the opposite effect and not be a stimulant to the person. When I was a teenager I was on low doses of amphetamines for ADD and I would fall asleep on them. As an adult I outgrew having ADD as this can happen, and when I would take low doses of amphetamines for studying or exams I would actually get euphoria and the regular stimulant effect from the drug which I did not get before.

I've been taking 10 mg adderall ER in the morning and sometimes another 10 at 12 pm. I was diagnosed with ADD many years ago as an adult. I suffer from depression and anxiety and have found over the years that small doses of a prescribed stimulant help me focus and ease anxiety. If I take Xanax I get anxious when it wears off. I was taking 1 mg of Xanax ER to help me sleep through the night but it's not working. I've been having more trouble sleeping through the night lately (could be age related). At 3 AM I decided to take 5 mg of regular adderall. I turned on one of my meditation/hypnosis audiobooks for sleep and I fell asleep until 7 am. It is so weird, but I know that if I wake up anxious, the adderall takes that away within 30 minutes. I don't get tired during the day and coffee makes me nervous. I consider myself fortunate, but don't understand why adderall works this way for me.

Old thread, but I 100% have gotten paradoxical reactions to amphetamines and usually don't have any difficulty falling asleep on them.

ADHD or not, when a human takes amphetamine or any CNS stimulant, they will be more alert and stimulated, body temperature rises, blood pressure, heart rate, the fact someone had issues focusing won't make it turn into depressant like effects, I myself have severe ADD and my adder all keeps me calm and jaw clenching doing homework, or cleaning, but calm. And awake all night yes it calms me down but stimulated and focused type of way

Dont get me wrong, i love amps, but I am not convinced on the whole ADD, opposite effect thing at all, or the fact that ADD is a real "thing" at all. How do you diagnose this? How do you test dopamine in the brain to confirm this? Until you can test dopamine levels to prove real ADD, I will never be convinced.

I can understand having a physical real ADD due to previous actions with drug use or something, family mental history issues etc. But some normal person having it, how? All the symptoms sound like things that can be resolved with general health and mental training. Symptoms can also be caused by external factors like low attention span because you hate your shit job or school work.

Also, anxiety and depression are real and can cause every symptom ADD causes. So how do you differentiate the cause then, how are docs diagnosing this properly?

Generally life sucks, like it does for everybody. Not an excuse for docs and parents to give amphetamines to kids or anybody who doesnt know better.

Or with children, the symptoms sound like bad and lazy parenting and the ridiculous lack of discipline children are given these days. There was no ADD back when you got belted for bad behavior. Or your child is not the brightest. Deal with it.

Sounds like a big pharma sell more addictive drugs to children scam to me.

It should just be called what it is, taking a euphoric mental enhancing drug to improve your performance each day. Nothing wrong with that reasoning, thats what we all do here in some way or the other. But lets not create some new illness to justify it.

I would be happy to be told im wrong though...

But i digress...

Well, amps make you more clearheaded and provide more focus so perhaps this helps you to sleep if the dose is low enough to allow that perhaps because the sleep issue is something related to your thought process or state of mind when you go to sleep.

When you take to much you can feel mentally sedated and fatigued, with loss of focus and mental performance, but its not a real physical thing and you wont sleep. Whats weird is that I have passed out twice somehow on high dose meth before. Not sure how or remember what led up to that. Still wondering if i had a seizure or something but i was "sleeping" for a few hours so who knows.

In proper dose paradoxical effect in certain patients is well documented.

While ADHD is over diagnosed on an epidemic scale, this does NOT mean it isn't a real thing. Unless your an expert on the subject, best not to make value judgements about conditions others may/do suffer from.

Ahh, I see the issue with my post an wording. What I meant was that I have problems with the ability to diagnose real cases properly and that the current process in place defining what ADD is in terms of diagnosis might not be a "real" thing, if that makes sense. I did imply there are situations where past actions can cause damage resulting in real physical ADHD, but doubt genuine dopamine issues for normal people with no history, or reasons to have it.

Especially sudden onset situations like adult ADHD that comes for now reason? Its more likely added work stress or life is causing issues, or something else. Real ADHD cases should be noticeable as having caused symptoms from birth or childhood or from messing with your head somehow.

Related to this I have been trying to assist a family member with mental issues and confirmed once again that you cannot test neurotransmitter levels properly to diagnose these things. Its a real shame that this cannot be done. If this where possible in a useful way it would be game changing.

The system mostly works for other mental diagnosis and treatments but for ADHD the whole test the med, see if it works, find the best one or combo doesnt work because the treatment is amphetamines, which, as a euphoric stimulant drug, means it will always work, hell you can treat pretty much anything in life with amps and you will feel better in some way, thats why its a top rec drug. It makes shit things feel better,

It would seem to work perfectly for ADHD diagnosis cases but is not a treatment, just a high to mask the real issues. But hell, or shitty medical system these days mostly treats the symptoms not the cause anyways. The only reason i care is because its an amp and that easily develops into getting better amps and doing other drugs in general. People should get caught up in drugs due to their own stupidity and not have it done to them.

I am just miffed in general with doctors and medications and big pharam. It annoys me that still to this day I have to research any medical issue I have and have the suggested treatment ready to discuss with a doc because in most cases they will get it wrong, or not ideal and then agree my solution is better. They should know and refund me my fukin money.

Well I'm hyperactive and one ten minute period of hanging with me and you'd see its true , when I was younger it was so bad. In my 20s that someone would say hey take the second right turn and I'd take the first left. ...adderall makes me fall asleep too. I fell asleep at 3 pm the other day sitting in my truck waiting for my son at school. Idk if it's brain chemistry or what but there's something to it

Status
Not open for further replies.