• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall for cognitive performance based test?

arksenu

Bluelighter
I understand that adderall is mainly used (without prescription) to study for the test, rather than taking it during one.

However, I am taking a programming test soon which really doesn't need any studying for. This test will basically give me a worded problem with an expected output, and I am to create a logical code to produce said output. Also, there will be code tracing where I am to look at very loopy and recursive code, trace a value, and change it accordingly.

Normally, the word problems aren't very difficult but it takes a little bit to comprehend what exactly they are asking for, how to approach it, and how to create the code. I am wondering if adderall will expedite these processes.

The code tracing is very tedious and difficult while sober. Some of the code is so recursive and has so many loops, that sometimes you can forget what the fuck is going on, which iteration you're at, what is your current value, what the conditions are etc. I am hoping that adderall will allow me complete these traces more clearly without getting lost so easily.

If I WERE to take the adderall, how much would you recommend, 15 or 30 mg (assuming no tolerance)?

My computer science friends have said that microdosing psychedelics is better than amps for coding. I've heard mixed opinions on using amps for coding. If you have a problem with concentrating it will probably work extremely well, but if you're looking for a creativity boost, its probably not what youre looking for

I am not looking for a creativity boost. I am more interested in retaining attention, and faster comprehension. So you're saying adderall would be ok to use for this?

If so, do you think 30 mg is enough, or too much?

If that's what you're looking for I think it might help. It sounds like you're not experienced with Adderall in which case 30 mg is probably too much. Is there any chance you can take a dose before your exam to see how it affects you? Adderall is a drug where too much can really work against you.

If your not a daily user 30 mg would probably cayse such strong increases in the lower parts of your brain involved in mood and intense emotion youd be distracted.

You want to use less not more so that you maximize the higher upper parts of your brain without overwhelming the feeling lower parts which occurs mostly at higher doses

Start with 10mg. Using it with coffee will probably make you jittery. Take an easy. Your body will tell you what's up. Drink Gatorade/water and eat.

Most of the time I find coffee a better cognitive enhancer than a hefty dose of amps. It's different if I'm able to get the dosage right with the amp but too much and it seems to impair me.

If you have adhd, take your amps for the test. If you studied with amps, take amps during the test too. Google 'state dependent learning'.

Recently read about a study that tested master chess players on amps, and they did better on their chess play but lost track of time more often, ie took too much time during each turn.
I would warn you to keep track of time if you do this, and less is more.