• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall first time use and comedown

QETUWRTY

Greenlighter
A friend recently acquired some 20mg Adderall pills (1 XR and 1 IR). He took the 20mg IR and didn't really feel any euphoria, he said he just had a lot of energy but not much else. Is this normal or should he take a higher dose after he acquires more? He claimed he had absolutely no comedown, which we both found odd and didn't find anyone else than shared this experience, is this just because he drank lots of water and ate food throughout the one effect?

Last edited:
If you're taking it as a functional medicine then 20mg is right. Otherwise, 20mg doesn't sound enough to me. I'm not sure about oral doses, but a good snorting dose (crushed Adderall) is around 60-70mg. So 3 times what you had. Beware - If you are to snort a pill, make sure to crush it very fine! Don't want horrible shards going up your nose! :p Hope this helps! :)

A friend recently acquired some 20mg Adderall pills (1 XR and 1 IR). He took the 20mg IR and didn't really feel any euphoria, he said he just had a lot of energy but not much else. Is this normal or should he take a higher dose after he acquires more? He claimed he had absolutely no comedown, which we both found odd and didn't find anyone else than shared this experience, is this just because he drank lots of water and ate food throughout the one effect?
Some people don't experience euphoria from adderall, but you could take a higher dose to try if you can experience it this way.
60-70 mg snorted seems a bit too much for someone taking it for the second time imo
Yes, staying hydrated and eating will help a lot with the comedown.

What you described is normal for Adderall/Dexedrine.

20mg or even 60-70mg is way too much for a first time person with no tolerance.

Try extremely low doses at first like 5-10mg or no more than 15mg.

It's best to just swallow pills and not rail, or IV them.

For some people there is no real comedown like there is with coke, and they're just able to easily sleep.

Stay safe.

What you described is normal for Adderall/Dexedrine.

20mg or even 60-70mg is way too much for a first time person with no tolerance.

Try extremely low doses at first like 5-10mg or no more than 15mg.

It's best to just swallow pills and not rail, or IV them.

For some people there is no real comedown like there is with coke, and they're just able to easily sleep.

Stay safe.
are you talking about xr?

kept me awake too long until a couple xan bars I gotta take something to get sleep and I don't drink so. Bars or something not weed