• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Dosage and Tolerance Question

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I'm prescribed adderall 20mg IR and ive been taking them recreationally (mostly on weekends only) for a few years now. Usually I snort it in dosages of 10-15 mg at a time and usually try to not go over 60 mg in a 24 hour period or 120 mg in a weekend. I wanted to know is what is more likely to cause tolerance issues, taking higher dosages (ive seen people on here talking about doing 50-60 mg in one dosage or the way im doing it doing 10-15 mg every 3-4 hours. Also from a harm reduction point of view as well. Which is worse. I don't tend to do it for the high as much as i do it for the energy.

Also im not sure if it matters but I'm in my early 30s, I workout 5 days a week, eat pretty well during the week, drink a lot of water, sleep fine most of the time, take vitamins and supplements. Thanks in advance!

I'd expect that multiple smaller doses would cause slower tolerance development because they produce lower peak blood levels of amphetamine. Certainly it is safer from a HR perspective because you can always stop redosing if you don't like the effects. A bigger dose has a possibility for a more unpleasant experience.

Reactions: CFC
I'd expect that multiple smaller doses would cause slower tolerance development because they produce lower peak blood levels of amphetamine. Certainly it is safer from a HR perspective because you can always stop redosing if you don't like the effects. A bigger dose has a possibility for a more unpleasant experience.
Is an amount like that something you would see as could become a long term problem? I use on the weekends for energy because i go to sleep early during the week but I dont really think about it that much when I'm not using during the week except being paranoid about its health effects

I have long since accepted that I absolutely cannot control my adderall usage. I take way too much and am usually zombied out for two days in a row lol. It still hits beautifully. My tolerance hasn't really raised much and it's been 3 years now. I don't want to think about what I've done to my body nor do I honestly care lol ;) YOLO! If you eat right and take care of yourself the adverse side effects are much less noticeable.

I don't know if I'm an isolated case... I can take a whopping (insert shameful dose here that sends me to planet TWEEKTRON) or a simple 20 milligrams. It still feels really good and is very effective. I don't think it's like something per say like... oxy where you eventually don't feel a god damn thing. I don't go through withdrawals like you were concerned about because I eat my medication in 2-4 days and then live like a normal non-veggie person. It really is a soft narcotic. I'm sure it's ruining my body and brain.... but at least I ain't on meth. Please do not lecture me on adderall abuse lol. I will eat them anyway baby.