• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall does nothing to me, should I switch to Ritalin?

inputusernamehere

Greenlighter
So, 2 years ago I had went on a 7-8 month daily use meth binge. I smoked every day for 7-8 months straight. I've been off of crystal for around 2 years. I recently got prescribed Adderall. I take 40mg IR in the morning, it gives absolutely NO euphoria. I had expected it would give some euphoria since I've been off of crystal for 2 years. Nope. I remember the first time I ever tried Adderall it was 11~ years ago. 30mg XR gave me plenty of euphoria, and actually kept me up for 30 hours. Now, 40mg IR gives me no euphoria? So obviously the crystal binge is the reason. So, that leads me to my actual question. Should I ask my doctor to switch me to Ritalin? From what I understand Ritalin works differently than Adderall, so maybe it will actually provide euphoria unlike the Adderall? Since we all know Adderall is amphetamine, and I used to use methamphetamine, but Ritalin is methylphenidate.

So maybe Ritalin would provide some euphoria? Or no? Should I ask my doctor to let me try Ritalin? Would Ritalin actually work, or would it be like Adderall and provide no euphoria as well?

Try green kratom
No effects from Kratom but the withdrawals. Used Kratom to quit alcohol and currently trying to kick the Kratom habit, which is the reason I went to the doctor for some stimulants. They've helped cut my kratom dose in half but if I had some sort of euphoria from a stimulant I'd probably quit Kratom within a week. When using crystal I completely quit drinking and vaping. It just zoned me out to where I never thought about either of them. Quit the crystal, went back to drinking, used Kratom to quit drinking. Kratom WDs are a PITA and I get absolutely no effect from it other than simply not withdrawing.

I bet it’s got too do with the act of smoking meth plus when smoking meth it seemed too hit me hard instantly much faster then snorting adderall if your snorting it idk but I’m on adderall I intranasal only sometimes I take it orally or thing I notice if I’m withdrawing from gabapentin or when I’d be chasing heroin I’d only get uphoria if I was not on empty on near on any of my habits I would have while taking adderall and in my state getting meth is next to impossible becouse the coke and dope problem I think keep the meth from coming in becouse meth is the best thing for kicking all my habits I kicked drinking with dope and quit the dope with meth and quit the meth becouse only guy who would have it went jail and he was getting it the mail so it’s gotta be the fact that you don’t like the delivery method not getting enough to cause a rush bye large dose fast and instantly like smoking or intravenously which scared me more then blasting coke and heroin right to my jugler vein on the regular till I got panick attacks from that also so it’s gotta be weak dose slowly hitting you effecting the euphoric exsperience that other really hard drugs can idk if you can inject adderall allot all crushed and somehow people do it or just eat 10 at once and maybee but I’ve done just fine with how 30 milligram instant release but I don’t take the time release unless I chew up good or crush snort

So, 2 years ago I had went on a 7-8 month daily use meth binge. I smoked every day for 7-8 months straight. I've been off of crystal for around 2 years. I recently got prescribed Adderall. I take 40mg IR in the morning, it gives absolutely NO euphoria. I had expected it would give some euphoria since I've been off of crystal for 2 years. Nope. I remember the first time I ever tried Adderall it was 11~ years ago. 30mg XR gave me plenty of euphoria, and actually kept me up for 30 hours. Now, 40mg IR gives me no euphoria? So obviously the crystal binge is the reason. So, that leads me to my actual question. Should I ask my doctor to switch me to Ritalin? From what I understand Ritalin works differently than Adderall, so maybe it will actually provide euphoria unlike the Adderall? Since we all know Adderall is amphetamine, and I used to use methamphetamine, but Ritalin is methylphenidate.

So maybe Ritalin would provide some euphoria? Or no? Should I ask my doctor to let me try Ritalin? Would Ritalin actually work, or would it be like Adderall and provide no euphoria as well?
I highly doubt you will like methylphenidate, if Adderall, which is much stronger, doesn’t do anything for you. But it’s worth a try.

Ritalin sucks. I just did exactly what you are asking and trust me NO.

But I’m also stopping my adhd meds because I can’t control my use.

So Ritalin only gets me high if I shoot it or take huge doses. It is considered half as stronger as amps in the medical community. Now that you know that then you should have your answer.

It has half the mechanism of action so it makes sense it’s half as strong.

Ritalin sucks. I just did exactly what you are asking and trust me NO.

But I’m also stopping my adhd meds because I can’t control my use.

So Ritalin only gets me high if I shoot it or take huge doses. It is considered half as stronger as amps in the medical community. Now that you know that then you should have your answer.

It has half the mechanism of action so it makes sense it’s half as strong.
You're dopamine and be receptors are flubbed. Keep going, and you may develop what happened to Micheal J. Fox, parkinsons. Do your hands shake a day , two or three after not taken them?

If so you need to stop all stim use. Light caffeine okay.

There comes an age where raising these levels has to be cut. You could do it two months out of the year, after your body does it's best to get back to homeostasis, for extreme fatloss, but that's really recommend if you're doing a bodybuilding competition or in extreme fatloss mode.

You're dopamine and be receptors are flubbed. Keep going, and you may develop what happened to Micheal J. Fox, parkinsons. Do your hands shake a day , two or three after not taken them?

If so you need to stop all stim use. Light caffeine okay.

There comes an age where raising these levels has to be cut. You could do it two months out of the year, after your body does it's best to get back to homeostasis, for extreme fatloss, but that's really recommend if you're doing a bodybuilding competition or in extreme fatloss mode.
Yeah. I don’t get those symptoms thankfully. Still I’m done altogether with stimulants. Aside from mild stims like caffeine.

Yeah. I don’t get those symptoms thankfully. Still I’m done altogether with stimulants. Aside from mild stims like caffeine.
You say you are. I guess we'll see. Prepare for a comedown, maybe substitute cardio exercise just walking. Back to drugs, Serotonin drugs.....mescaline, shrooms, LSD, mdma, are as interesting, if not more , I prefer them more, than dopamine and noradrenaline releasers. Dissos as well.

Cannabis a few times a week. Don't feel bad if you mess up and only have two days a week off cannabis, it's better than stimulants, esp as can take time and dedication to cut back on cannabis.

As you know, the first paragraph of drugs must be used intelligently with caution.

I think your problem is you’re looking for euphoria….

If you’ve got adhd you should be looking for effects that control your adhd. Not get you high.. sounds like you just wanna get high, if that’s the case go back to meth.

Ritalin has been working great for my adhd so far.

Not sure about your situation with Amphetamine (Adderall)

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is an amazingly effective dopaminergic stimulant with far less cardiovascular problems associated with mixed Amphetamine salts. Ritalin is VERY pleasurable and effective at appropriate doses 40-60mg IR but has a very short duration 3-4h

Dexedrine Spansule 15mg XR plus Dexedrine 5mg IR tablets as needed of d-Amph might be worth a try ???

Desoxyn (d-Methamphetamine) 5mg tablets 3-5 daily as needed would be great (rarely scripted)

or maybe your Adderall is too low or you’re ingesting something making reduced absorption and lower c-max

so many variables and options ….Phenylpiracetam 100mg ? Rhodiola Rosea …all great stimulants