• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall + Benzos - Sleeping Suggestions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe.rogers1

Greenlighter
Hello,

SWIM stopped drinking alcohol and on occasion likes to use a combination of Adderall and benzos - orally. SWIM says the effects are great, and the benzos keep his pressure normal. The problem is no matter when SWIM stops the Adderall, SWIM cannot sleep that night. Yesterday, SWIM started at 10:00 a.m. and took his last dose of Adderall at 4:00 p.m. - 100mg in total during the six hours (which SWIM understands is a high dose, but it is spread out), and 15mg of Diazpeam spread out as well, during the six hours. SWIM kept taking Diazpeam (highest dose at one time was 15mg) throughout the evening and night (every couple hours) complemented with Indica vap pen. Total Diazpeam from 4:00 p.m. through 5:00 a.m. (40mg). Despite that, SWIM was not able to get any sleep. The night was not unpleasant for him, but, he couldn't sleep. SWIM did rest in bed most of the night. But, losing a night of sleep always has significant negative impacts on SWIM in the days to come.

When SWIM did drink alcohol, he was able to sleep on the nights he used Adderall (snorted) after taking 10mg of Ambien. Since stopping alcohol, and switching to the Adderall/benzo combo, SWIM did try taking Ambien after a day/night of using Adderall and Xanax. It still did not work. SWIM hasn't tried this again yet, as he is cautious about combining Ambien with Adderall/benzos (especially given the dosages). SWIM would consider trying Ambien again, but doubts it will be effective, given his prior experience. SWIM has also tried antihistamines to no avail.

In all these situations, SWIM needs to take Adderall on day 2 to function through the day. Despite that, and thankfully, SWIM is able to sleep night two.

SWIM is looking for advice as to how to get sleep that first night, as SWIM would prefer to go to sleep, wake up, and not use anything the following day.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated by SWIM.

Thank you!

I'm sorry my friend, but the issue is that you're taking dosages of Amphetamine that are simply too high. It's one thing to take a fairly normal dosage of Amphetamine, say, half of what you're dabbling with, then use a Benzodiazepine/Z-Drug to help induce sleep, but another to take 100mg Amphetamine and then expect to get a normal night of sleep and feel well the next morning. Even if you do "sleep", as it were, with such high dosages of Amphetamine in your system, it's most likely not going to be a truly restful, functional sleep.

It really sounds like you're making an attempt to remain functional. If this is the case, than I think you need to consider lowering your intake of Amphetamine. When using long-lasting stimulants, maintaining relative stability can be quite difficult as one day bleeds into the other. The only reason folks who are prescribed Amphetamines are able to maintain functionality is because they are still achieving the basics of functionality like nutrition and sleep. So, case in point, is that it's not a sustainable practice, if that's what you're after.

If this is simply about recreational use and how to "feel better", sadly, the ball is in your court on that one. Some people are better able to function than others when dealing with the negative effects of drugs and and/or Alcohol. I can tell you that myself, personally, I cannot perform my work duties whatsoever if I am hungover. It just doesn't work. Other people I know can go out drinking every night, show up hungover and seemingly do their jobs with not issue. Everyone is different man.

Thank you for your response. SWIM's interests are solely recreation, done no more than once a month. What dosage of Adderall do you think would be reasonable to be able to fall asleep? And, at what time would SWIM need to stop in order to get to sleep by midnightish? SWIM is about 180 pound, male. The sleep doesn't need to be great, and a hangover is fine, but SWIM just wants to give his body at least a couple hours of sleep, returning to normal sleep the following night. Please keep in mind that this is instant release Adderall with dosages of between 10 and 20mgs taken every hour or two in order to maintain the buzz.

I'm sorry my friend, but the issue is that you're taking dosages of Amphetamine that are simply too high. It's one thing to take a fairly normal dosage of Amphetamine, say, half of what you're dabbling with, then use a Benzodiazepine/Z-Drug to help induce sleep, but another to take 100mg Amphetamine and then expect to get a normal night of sleep and feel well the next morning. Even if you do "sleep", as it were, with such high dosages of Amphetamine in your system, it's most likely not going to be a truly restful, functional sleep.

It really sounds like you're making an attempt to remain functional. If this is the case, than I think you need to consider lowering your intake of Amphetamine. When using long-lasting stimulants, maintaining relative stability can be quite difficult as one day bleeds into the other. The only reason folks who are prescribed Amphetamines are able to maintain functionality is because they are still achieving the basics of functionality like nutrition and sleep. So, case in point, is that it's not a sustainable practice, if that's what you're after.

If this is simply about recreational use and how to "feel better", sadly, the ball is in your court on that one. Some people are better able to function than others when dealing with the negative effects of drugs and and/or Alcohol. I can tell you that myself, personally, I cannot perform my work duties whatsoever if I am hungover. It just doesn't work. Other people I know can go out drinking every night, show up hungover and seemingly do their jobs with not issue. Everyone is different man.

First off, and I should have said this to begin with, please refer to yourself in the first-person. Referring to yourself in the 3rd person will not afford you legal protection of any kind, but luckily, none of what we do here is illegal. In the future, we would like to here from your perspective!

No problem dude. I don't mind helping you out, but in the future, try to cater your threads to more of a Harm Reduction emphasis. We don't like to have threads dedicated to managing various people's recreational drug use. The nature of using recreational drugs is such that every person is going to be different and have different preferences and tolerances.

You're just going to have to experiment and find what works for you. If you're only indulging in stimulants once in a while as you have implied, you should have a lot of leeway in terms of sleep and recovery. If you are not able to get to sleep with your current dosage of Amphetamine, you're simply going to need to take less or use more Benzodiazepines. At any rate, when you use high dosages of stimulants, they definitely ravage your body and you kind of need to pay the piper as it were. Sedatives will only mask the negative impact of the Amphetamines. My advice is to try to use less speed in the future, but as I said, this is your journey and it's up to you to determine your preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.