• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall as a pain killer?

Thanks Alice,

If you don't mind, how long did it take neurotin to kick in and also how effective do you find it for the nerve pain?

Thanks Mj!

It is best to keep it in your system constantly, taking it before you need it. Atleast for me because nerve pain is chronic pain. So really it is hard to say because I have really only had nerve pain a few times in the past year since I have been taking it like clockwork 3-4 times a day as prescribed. BUT it is very effective at treating mine and most peoples nerve pain, I personally know 6 people who have been prescribed it and them and me as well don't suffer from it at all anymore. So for just starting taking it the first day of course you will get relief but it will only get better once you start building it up in your system.

BTW Lryica is suppose to be 6 times stronger than nuerotin, and I have heard a statistic online that says that it is only effective in 40-60% of people who take it, so maybe me and the other 6 people I know(one id my own mother ha) have just been lucky

you need to research things before you reply, you just show your own ignorance.

.your reply is , for lack of a better word "bullshit". do some research brainy before you post rude replies!

amphetamines and pain relief

::!
Hey guys,

I'm a young stock trader who never thought I would take any kind of stimulant until I got into an accident (fight lol) in China Three years ago. The skirmish left me with some damaged cranial nerves that are firing off pain signals 24/7. I was having an off day a year ago and tried an adderall and have been hooked since. My doc and me are really close, and he basically gives me all the addy I need and all the benzos I need to come down at night to sleep on them. (yes i'm hooked on both) [U][FONT=Comic Sans MS[SIZE=5]]Be really careful with the benzos they can cause some strange things ie; blackouts-violent outbursts etc. ANYWAYS, I suffer from serious pain and have tried EVERYTHING and found stimulants give me fast yet short term complete pain relief.Do a Google advanced search typing in amphetamines and pain relief. You won't believe what you will find. YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS AND MUCH MORE. Be cautious with gabapentine also. I took it for a while. do your research! it is a seizure med. with that said good luck![/FONT]

My question is, how can adderall act as such a great pain reliever? I've had surgery, used opiates, acetaminophen, NSAIDS, etc. however adderall is the only drug that brings "short-term complete" relief.

Also i've noticed that a year ago 10 mg XR twice a day would be enough for me to be flying high for quite a bit, now i'm finding that 30mg-40mg a day is starting to greatly lose its' initial kick that I fell in love with. I know tolerance is an issue, however being a healthy male who runs marathons, what is the highest level of mgs in a day one should go? :)

Thanks,
Mj

Isn't it oddly entertaining and hypocritical that people who ask about stimulants are berated as "meth heads" or filled with "bullshit." I would like to ask these wonderfully friendly folks, "What is your drug of choice...you junkie?"

I've experimented with stimulants in the past and decided they weren't for me. (I prefer opiates over stimulants 10 to 1, and I used them long before I tried stimulants.) Stimulants did really horrible things to my mind and body, and I can understand why a lot of people consider them to be trash. (Hell, Marijuana also did horrible things to my mind...made me paranoid as hell (Also adds tachycardia and palpitations to the mix!).)

But come on!!! Just because someone is using a drug that we don't like doesn't mean that we have to be an asshole to them!

We are all junkies (otherwise why are you here?)...we are all people...and we all should be treated with respect!

Can stress/depression really manifest into such intense chronic pain?

Thanks,
Mj

Yes, it can. I've had all kinds of symptoms (migraines, breakouts, digestive problems, joint pains, huge weight loss, fatigue, etc.). Whenever I've done tests they always come back fine and no medication has really helped with anything. But they end up passing on their own.

You might enjoy books by Dr. Sarno who writes about the connection between mind and physical symptoms. He has apparently helped thousands of people end their back pain using a psychological approach when no other treatment worked for them.

Yes. I only take 10mg maybe every 3 months but it does definitely block the chronic pain for some reason. I'm not wired or bouncing off the walls, I simply feel better.

Lol, I'm pretty sure you just like the addy bro...nothing wrong with that, just everytime I ever took amphetamines my aches and pains became amplified to the point of me washing down a handful of hydros-before I had a tolerance even!

Needless to say, combining the two makes a nice lil speedball, not benzos, they suck, but opiates with amps is what I mean..

Don't have time to read these replies nor do I have time to explain why...but amphetamine has been shown to have equal analgesic ability or power or whatever u wana call it as morphine..so that's how its killing your pain..and the second Post is obviously an idiot discounting your anecdotal experiences saying its bullshit...no his or her post was bullshit because they very obviously didn't know about amphetamines analgesia nor did they attempt to research....so that is that..maybe someone else has already mentioned this and explained why idk I'm in a rush

I don´t believe so. Not at all.
Probably something to do with release of endorphin and/or dopamine ime.

^ I was thinking same thing. Provides a nice endorphin release, which has pain killing properties.

To add, I had taken adderall for awhile and did notice minor analgesia. However, as I said, I always attributed it to an endorphin release as it was short lived and mostly present during the drug's peak.

Stimulants can help with pain temporarily, but I wouldn't suggest it as a primary pain medication. Stimulants it seems would take the mind off the pain, as well as what Erik states. Any addictive drug IME, was pleasurable ... Thus masked my pain.
Also - uppers affect blood circulation which will decrease pain - although the pain might be worse when the drug wears off.

Last edited:
Amphetamine-induced analgesia does not involve brain opioids.
Drago F, Caccamo G, Continella G, Scapagnini U.
Abstract
The intrinsic analgesic properties of amphetamine were studied in rats. Subcutaneous injection of amphetamine exerted an additive effect on morphine-induced analgesia in the hot-plate test. Amphetamine itself showed intrinsic analgesic activity in a dose-dependent manner. Administration of naloxone failed to affect the analgesia induced by amphetamine. However, injection of haloperidol totally suppressed the amphetamine-induced change in pain response latency. Both naloxone and haloperidol failed to affect the pain threshold when injected alone, but inhibited morphine-induced analgesia. It is concluded that amphetamine possesses intrinsic analgesic properties which involve catecholamine but not opioid transmission in the brain.

OK everyone swim.. Had focalin, adderall, Vyvance they were unable to sleep last night and have ingested 60 mg of adderall in the last 2 hr it doesn't seem to be helping what does anyone suggest to be productive at work this afternoon, no real tolerance to stem. Also ingested 90mg Roxy (high tolerance)

I actually do consider it a painkiller for myself. It doesn't do anything for the physical pain, but it makes my brain work so fast and focus on other things that I'm distracted and don't think about the pain.

Dopamine and serotonin

Hey guys,

I'm a young stock trader who never thought I would take any kind of stimulant until I got into an accident (fight lol) in China Three years ago. The skirmish left me with some damaged cranial nerves that are firing off pain signals 24/7. I was having an off day a year ago and tried an adderall and have been hooked since. My doc and me are really close, and he basically gives me all the addy I need and all the benzos I need to come down at night to sleep on them. (yes i'm hooked on both)

My question is, how can adderall act as such a great pain reliever? I've had surgery, used opiates, acetaminophen, NSAIDS, etc. however adderall is the only drug that brings "short-term complete" relief.

Also i've noticed that a year ago 10 mg XR twice a day would be enough for me to be flying high for quite a bit, now i'm finding that 30mg-40mg a day is starting to greatly lose its' initial kick that I fell in love with. I know tolerance is an issue, however being a healthy male who runs marathons, what is the highest level of mgs in a day one should go? :)

Thanks,
Mj

I would imagine that your pain relief is stemming from both the way you are preceiving the pain and the extremely high levels of dopamine that are flooding the brain when you take the Aderall; simmilarly, I believe aderall also releases serotonin (why you should not take it with SSRI, etc.) Which is also flooding your system. Although, opioids target the specific receptors attributed to perceiving and registering pain - mu receptors - they do so by way of your perceived pain, essentially shutting down or reattributing what the receptors can and cannot precieve, like putting a stop switch between a light bulb and the electrical source.
Forthright, Aderall is flooding your system with dopamine, basically overriding all of you "preprogrammed" synopsis, giving you a sense of "euphoria". I think though that there is a common misconception about this "euphoria", or at least what this specific instance is referring too. Essentially, both aderall and opiates narcotics are flooding the pleasure sensors in your brain, telling everything in your body that it's doing what it needs to do in a way that's pleasant. Your brain is essentially deregistering all of the sensors that register pain by flooding dopamine into your system.
The problem arises when your body gets use to the dopamine and starts to account for the synthetic substance when it produces it's store of dopamine and serotonin. If you go off of the synthetic s, in your case aderall, your brain won't have enough of the dopamine to function properly, thus you have your physical and mental withdraws, both in opiates and amphetamines.

**personal research. I am not a Healthcare provider and I do not intended this post to elude to medical treatment and information of any kind. Simply research and experience.

P.s. my body can't stand aderall. I'm on percocet for migraine and carpal tunnel pain. If I take an aderall it makes me viciously sick. However, if I take percocet, I have a ton of energy and stamina and most importantly, NO PAIN.

Good luck in your research. I hope they do anot her study on the comparicons of these two types of medications. I would love to see some actual evidence to support this.