• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and SSRI together

Pearljam1023

Greenlighter
Just recently started taking an SSRI along with my Adderall and my prescription is 30 milligrams XR and 10 milligrams once a day. I never used to grind my jaw when I would take Adderall but since I have started taking both of them together my jaw is grinding so bad and I can't sleep, and I feel Spacey, I can't remember things. I start stuttering a lot if I have conversations and my train of thought gets lost. Two days in a row I went grocery shopping and both days I paid for my groceries and left them at the store. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any knowledge?

It's probable that the bruxism is because of the hyperstimulation caused by combination of the ssri and adderall - of which bruxism is a known side effect. (SSRI-induced bruxism by itself is quite common) The increase in serotonin inhibits dopamine in parts of the brain - it's described as a sort of "akathisia," since dopamine controls movement. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10665633

The two together is why it's so bad, probably.

Spaciness is a common side effect of the serotonin reuptake inhibitors. They can have a doping and numbing effect.

also many ssri's can inhibit liver enzymes that break amphetamine down, effectively making it stronger and side effects more pronounced. I use to use my paroxetine script just for this purpose since it's a potent inhibitor of the cyp2d6 enzyme.