• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and klonopin

luckily I don't drink. One time however I took too much klonopin, pulled over and took a nap(blacked out) in the back of my truck. Using a skateboard as my pillow. Woke up and my pillow had been extracted from beneath my head; my favorite skateboard, gone. At least it wasn't a german automobile; it did have Swiss bearings though, lol

Tolerance doesn't always go up. I'm on less now then I was 15 years ago.
The enzyme action you mention isn't enough to even notice .
Some people need benzos so stop trying to tell people they are the most addictive drug ever because they're not.
I get it. You need them. You either have a serious medical condition/issue or are just addicted. But it doesn’t change the fact that if you try to get off of them it will take you a year if not more. But Clonzapam has tons of documentation on what I talked about. Loss of efficacy and high addiction. Try stopping. You can’t. Withdrawals can last for months or years. There is no drug to get you off benzos, and it changes brain chemistry in a way that takes a lot longer than any other drug. Just laying out facts. Any other drug hard drug or even alcohol, they prescribe benzos to get you off them. But nothing can get you off benzos.
But unless you have a real reason like seizures you should not take these daily. Just trying to help. Don’t need the negativity or lack of any meaningful information. Just do some due diligence. These are not a miracle drug.

I’m currently on a year long taper to get off these. If I drop too fast, things go to hell. So take a step back and consider where you are at, why you are on them and the consequences for yourself and loved ones long term. Maybe if you put your situation in perspective it would help.

But if you get a procedure docs will struggle with prescribing anything for pain as these amplify effects dangerously. So many drawbacks. My advice, take the least amount you can and get off them if you can. But prividing zero reason for why you are on them makes it impossible to understand your perspective. But daily, is really bad unless medically necessary. You are hooked and can’t stop. I’m sure you get anxious about getting your prescription on time. That’s addiction. It come. In many forms.

Last edited:
No, the don't negate each other. Some ppl may say they might, but there ignorant. Maybe if you were taking like 8mg of the k-pins.

I get it. You need them. You either have a serious medical condition/issue or are just addicted. But it doesn’t change the fact that if you try to get off of them it will take you a year if not more. But Clonzapam has tons of documentation on what I talked about. Loss of efficacy and high addiction. Try stopping. You can’t. Withdrawals can last for months or years. There is no drug to get you off benzos, and it changes brain chemistry in a way that takes a lot longer than any other drug. Just laying out facts. Any other drug hard drug or even alcohol, they prescribe benzos to get you off them. But nothing can get you off benzos.
But unless you have a real reason like seizures you should not take these daily. Just trying to help. Don’t need the negativity or lack of any meaningful information. Just do some due diligence. These are not a miracle drug.

I’m currently on a year long taper to get off these. If I drop too fast, things go to hell. So take a step back and consider where you are at, why you are on them and the consequences for yourself and loved ones long term. Maybe if you put your situation in perspective it would help.

But if you get a procedure docs will struggle with prescribing anything for pain as these amplify effects dangerously. So many drawbacks. My advice, take the least amount you can and get off them if you can. But prividing zero reason for why you are on them makes it impossible to understand your perspective. But daily, is really bad unless medically necessary. You are hooked and can’t stop. I’m sure you get anxious about getting your prescription on time. That’s addiction. It come. In many forms.
Absolutely correct the stubborn Irish in me believed if you wanted to quit then to go cold Turkey.
Ex:klonopin,hydrocodone,alcohol, and high dose adderal (90mg a day IR)

It took years to get off benzodiazepines and further studying the issue (hydrocodone and alcohol being the worst short term)

Benzos by far was the worst to over come (because it effected mental stability over long term) . I will try to re-edit some some studies I’ve found over the years on benzodiazepine addiction. While most such as alcohol and opiates are immediate short-term but still life threatening addictions to overcome. Benzos will take a toll longer than most think.

Ex: getting off of opiates in my experience was a 1 week detox after I was fine strangely. Alcohol was about the same as getting off opiates (if I could even tell apart as I was pissing off every nurse in detox) and adderal was not even a thought in my mind.

Depression and extreme anxiety (talking Loss of ego;not knowing who I even was anxiety much less function ) lasted years.

I one day decided to test this factor a took 2mg klonopin and 2mg Xanax (my normal dose) and the results brought me back to life sadly.

I know I’m rambling but In short benzos after 3 years still affect me to this day. I don’t crave them as I would opiates or alcohol but they surely have lastly the longest as per recovery.

Short story is if u must take advantage of benzos (why would I or any one else stop you or change your mind) just know that a short term switch of wanting to get off certain medications might not always seem as easy or short as you’d expect.

By the way this is my first post on blue light (big Reddit user ). Thank you for listening and please let me know any errors I made if so

I'm starting my klonopin wean. I take 1 MG TID and I've reduced it to where I'm taking .5 twice daily, maybe once more if needed.

I was yanked off of Klonopin at 3 MG a day for 7 years. You really would have to invent new words to describe thus painful experience.

I'm doing the wean my self so I can go as slowly as possible. Plus a lot of doctors don't know how to wean properly.

My doc started me on Adderall for my ADD impulsive type. I’m just curious. Does klonopin cancel out Adderall. I’m prescribed 3 mg a day of klonopin and 20 mg IR OF Adderall in the morning. I want to do things correctly. Just get my life in order and go to college.

From my perspective I don’t think it will but you have to put into account I don’t take my 3 mg rather I take about a 1.5 a day of klonopin. I just don’t want to cancel out my Adderall for 1 mg of klonopin.
If you have a tolerance to the Klonopin I would think you'll definitely feel the Adderall