• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and Alcohol

FrankBosop221

Greenlighter
Hi there,

So I know that mixing any medication with alcohol isn't good for you. And drugs in general aren't good for you. But I have a question from people that are experienced drug users about this mixture.

I have a prescription for adderall. I do not have ADHD. I take adderall on the weekends to stay up and get shit done and or stay up later if I'm going out or whatever. I've been doing this about 4 years, I don't take adderall really during the week. And when I do take it I take it like 10 mg at a time, sometimes up the nose, every 3 or 4 hours or so, never going over 50 or 60 mg in a 24 hour period. And I do everything I can to keep it that way.. I drink a lot of water, workout 4 to 5 days a week, mostly cardio but also some lifting, itake COQ10, fish oil, magnesium, multivitamin, vitamin d, probiotic and super green supplements almost daily. I drink 3 days a week. I'm 32, eat pretty well compared to most people. I'm in pretty good physical shape looks wise.. And as far as I'm told by my doctor I'm in good health.

What I want to know isn't if it is healthy, I know it isn't, no drug is, alcohol isn't either. I'm just curious of other people's opinions that are more experienced with drugs on if they think this is bad in terms or serious long term health consequences, I'm very OCD and I have been all my life, so in my head I worry about it being as bad as cocaine and alcohol or stuff that's worse. Other than Marijuana these are the only 2 things I do, so people tell me I'm a boy scout compared to a lot of people. But I just wanted to get an opinion from others.

Thank you for your time

Not too much of an issue if the drinking is moderate.

It's not great for your heart to constantly do this, but every once in a while isn't going to kill you (as long as you don't have a heart condition)

The issues I have with this combo are that I usually end up getting way more drunk than I want to because of adderall's "sobering" effects, and the hangovers are absolutely brutal

I do it usually a couple times a week. But I don't go over a certain amount. Seems like everything is bad for your heart these days.
It's not great for your heart to constantly do this, but every once in a while isn't going to kill you (as long as you don't have a heart condition)

The issues I have with this combo are that I usually end up getting way more drunk than I want to because of adderall's "sobering" effects, and the hangovers are absolutely brutal

I mean believe whatever you'd like but that's just my opinion, and i'm no doctor lol. It just doesn't feel very healthy to me

I mean believe whatever you'd like but that's just my opinion, and i'm no doctor lol. It just doesn't feel very healthy to me
Oh trust me I know it's not healthy lol I'm just trying to determine just how unhealthy as compared to someone who eats fast food and smokes cigs daily for example

I used to mix Adderall and alcohol daily. Was it healthy, I dunno. Also, I was 21 when I did it daily. I would regularly throw cocaine on top of it too.

I'm 37 now and no longer prescribed Adderall. Yesterday I did cocaine for the first time in just over a year.

Yeah, not gonna kill you I don't think but it's not great for you, especially if you introduce other substances.

No matter what, try and stay hydrated, fed, and get some sleep. To do otherwise is to invite the more neurotoxic type side effects of these drugs, alcohol in particular is terrible for your brain. Mixing alcohol with amphetamines was always a recipe for a bad hangover for me. Didn't stop me from doing it alllll the time though.

Yeah maybe. I just feel like people are prescribed 30-60 mg adderall they take every single day and I have a hard time believing that all of them only just have a few beers
If many people take more Adderall and alcohol than you it doesn't make it healthy.
If you are doing it less than "them" it will damage you less.

Yes, you are not likely to drop dead from combining Adderall and alcohol even if you take copious amounts of both ( to a point obviously), the immediate risks connected to the fact that alcohol will still affect your judgement and the Adderall will allow you to stand and move when you are so drunk that you'd be basically passed out if you hadn't taken it. If you push it too much you may do something stupid (getting in a fight or drive a car in instance) and get hurt and/or in trouble with the law.
If you have a long bender dehydration could be dangerous especially if you don't hydrate and dance.

If you can keep your drinking to social level and your Adderall use to 50-60mg 2-3 times a week you probably won't experience any health crisis any time soon.
That being said, I would be paying attention to feelings of anxiety and depression, usually it starts with the thought that the only good days are the days where you drink and pop a few addys, which may progress to you not feeling as comfortable as normal interacting with people when sober and then to you taking alcohol and Adderall more often and in higher dosages.

If many people take more Adderall and alcohol than you it doesn't make it healthy.
If you are doing it less than "them" it will damage you less.

Yes, you are not likely to drop dead from combining Adderall and alcohol even if you take copious amounts of both ( to a point obviously), the immediate risks connected to the fact that alcohol will still affect your judgement and the Adderall will allow you to stand and move when you are so drunk that you'd be basically passed out if you hadn't taken it. If you push it too much you may do something stupid (getting in a fight or drive a car in instance) and get hurt and/or in trouble with the law.
If you have a long bender dehydration could be dangerous especially if you don't hydrate and dance.

If you can keep your drinking to social level and your Adderall use to 50-60mg 2-3 times a week you probably won't experience any health crisis any time soon.
That being said, I would be paying attention to feelings of anxiety and depression, usually it starts with the thought that the only good days are the days where you drink and pop a few addys, which may progress to you not feeling as comfortable as normal interacting with people when sober and then to you taking alcohol and Adderall more often and in higher dosages.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I know the feeling sober thing is a big issue, I usually don't let myself go over a certain amount of booze in a night. The same way I try to not go over a certain amount of addy. I guess it's really an inexact science and there's no perfect answer since everybody is built different and have different genetics. I have dealt with anxiety my entire life, although it's been better recently than it ever used to be, i've been practicing meditation and such. Hope that continues.

Yeah, not gonna kill you I don't think but it's not great for you, especially if you introduce other substances.

No matter what, try and stay hydrated, fed, and get some sleep. To do otherwise is to invite the more neurotoxic type side effects of these drugs, alcohol in particular is terrible for your brain. Mixing alcohol with amphetamines was always a recipe for a bad hangover for me. Didn't stop me from doing it alllll the time though.
I do it 2-3 times a week, don't usually introduce other substances other than the alcohol. I do drink a ton of water and workout and get sleep. How often did you/do you do it? Have you noticed any long term effects from it? I just like to gather information.

I used to mix Adderall and alcohol daily. Was it healthy, I dunno. Also, I was 21 when I did it daily. I would regularly throw cocaine on top of it too.

I'm 37 now and no longer prescribed Adderall. Yesterday I did cocaine for the first time in just over a year.
Yeah I've never mixed coke on top of it, I'm wayyyyy too much of a hypochondriac for that lol. How long and how often did you do addy? Do you notice any long term effects? Obviously I know everyone is built differently so what one person does another person can't, I guess I'm just curious.

I do it 2-3 times a week, don't usually introduce other substances other than the alcohol. I do drink a ton of water and workout and get sleep. How often did you/do you do it? Have you noticed any long term effects from it? I just like to gather information.
At a certain time I did it fairly daily. I don't think I have any long term issues I can attribute to solely that