• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and Alcohol having trouble controlling it

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
Lately I've been taking adderall and alcohol everyday, for the past week and a half. I'll take 20-40mg of adderall, once between 10am-12pm, then again around 3-5pm if I feel I'm coming down early. This will keep me going until about 10pm at which point I start to crash, usually I have 2-4 shots of Jamison between 7pm and 12am to help me pass out.

Obviously I don't feel great the next morning until a couple hours after I've had a small breakfast, water and/or coffee, then the cycle repeats. I haven't eaten very healthy in this time either and I'm starting to get minor tightness in my chest and other muscles. Does this combo fuck people up this fast or could it just be my poor nutrition? I work in a pretty stressful environment and my hydro/oxycodone connection has been dry for over a month which is making me crave and obsess about opiates more then ever.

Well I don't think it's one or the other. It's a combination of what you're using AND poor nutrition. I mean you're speeding yourself up all day (I'm going to assume this means you barely eat all day as well). Then a few hrs before bed when your body is trying to "crash" and reset you add alcohol to the mix and pass out.

Idk about you but when I sleep the same night I've done a stim it's very restless and I find myself constantly waking up. That's just the nature of stims unless you've built up such a high tolerance you can sleep through it. All though I feel like you still wouldn't be getting the best quality sleep. I could be wrong but I'm sure someone will chime in with some science-ey jargon to help prove the point I'm making.

When it boils down I think you're just dealing with your body trying to keep up. You hinted you're normally a downer guy. Well I am too, and I've noticed I have a harder time recovering and keeping up while doing stims than the guy who loves them. Idk if it's a psychological thing or if "downer people" maybe process stims a bit differently. But if I get a good stim I can't go more than 24 hrs it seems before I'm WANTING to come down. Hell I never get more than enough for just one night. Because I know around the 24 hr mark I won't want it anymore and doing more just seems to make me feel shittier.