• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall (amphetamine) questions.

Fluxit

Greenlighter
So i recently was prescribed 20mg adderall to deal with issues of lethargy, lack of focus, no motication, and fatigue due to being on lithium 1200mg daily, anyway i took them as needed and noticed i greatly improved and felt much better, however i do have a history of substance abuse including my favorite meth, which i knew is pretty much amphetamine with an extra methyl molecule, occasionally i like to take 40mg and stay up partying, usually no issue if i am smart about how much i need and how much is ok to use recreationally, recently i ran out of it and while i go soon to get ny refill which will be pushed back due to hurricanes affecting the area, my boyfriend geys 5mg addy's and doesn't use them so i managed to get 60 pills from him until i go for mine, anyway what would be a good recreational dose for someone who has tolerance to amphetamines, at about 30mg i get a good high but i wanna get close to a meth euphria, would 60mg be good to get there? I have about 20 pills of 5mg each i can spare for receational purposes. Should i spread that fose out? Snort or eat them? Sometimes i will take 30 orally and then 10 in lines i do over the night while snorting. Will my meth tolerance build since i am using amphetamine since they are both in the same drug class?

(Escuse the typos i have a terrible migraine and the light from my phone's screen makes it harder to type.)

Okay, i have to say this before i answer your question...you mentioned you have a history of substance abuse with stimulants yet adderall is really helping you in life. So maybe it would be best not to use them for recreational purposes so often because you obviously know where that will lead you, and it may end up with your doctor randomly cutting you off and then you just dont have them anymore. So my main advice is dont do this, just use them as prescribed.

But if you are going to do it, try taking 45 or 50mg first. You want to use the lowest dose required to get the results you want. Although it would be much smarter to make them last until you get your refill. Also, since amphetamine salts have an oral bioavailability of about 90 something percent, it would be best if you just swallow them or take them sublingually as snorting them can really fuck up your sinuses.

And yes, your tolerance to meth will increase when using any amphetamine

Yeah, good point, that is actually my primary focus, don't want to have them cut off when they benefit me, but sometimes i can get by with 10mg so if i don't need the other half or 2nd dose of the day then i end up with extra, the only issue has been with this hurricane hitting puerto rico this wendesday and my appointment being thursday i expect it to be cancelled. So i will have to do without until everything is back up. However i have been experienced with several drugs and am sure my self control will keep up. I didn't know adderall IR could be used sublingually actually!

The trouble with turning your therapeutic stimulant into an occasional recreational drug is that the therapeutic dose will become increasingly ineffective.

It sounds like the 20mg/day has been really helpful to you, so you have to ask yourself whether it's worth risking that. At the least, try to make your recreational use as infrequent as you possibly can, don't let yourself slip into doing it every week, then all weekend, then every other day and so on.

I went from 55 mg to 10 mg and dont really notice the difference after being cutt off. I dont think its effects are linear. I feel much better from none to ten mg slighty better than that at 20 mg moderately better at 40 mg paranoid and sweaty shaking at >60.

I think your best bet as previously stated sticking to 20 mg per day. Good things come to those who wait.ive found doctors in general arent trying to make my life miserable and when you are able to exercise self control they generally givewhat i want that i find helps me somehow. You got to think before you know it itll be tommorow you need to play the game long term or youll loose all your chips chasing instant gratification