• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall 50mg. Panick attack?

TheChillGuy

Greenlighter
I just wrote a lengthy post, but my phone died before I could post it and everything got erased.

Which is probably a good thing in the long run because it gives me a chance to be a bit more concise and to the point.

I'm 170lbs, and have no family history of health issues.

For the first time in my life, I made a stupid and careless decision with a drug, and experienced a panick attack that felt identical to a heart attack. I had taken 90mg adderall for several consecutive days, then took 60mg on the day of the panick attack. Fortunately, someone talked me out of going to the hospital, the episode passed and all turned out OK. It was a life changing experience. It was also my first venture out of the safety-drug zone, which at that time I had only ever tried weed and safe dosages of opioids. So dosing was a new concept to me and I underestimated the power of stimulants.

2 months later, here I am. I did it again. Last time it was 60mg after consecutively using 90mg. This time, I hadn't touched stimulants in a while. And I only took 50mg this time (still a decent dosage). In the past, 5mg would barely have me "feeling it".

I was enjoying the recreational value of the Adderall, playing videogames, writing, talking, listening to music, etc. That's when my heart rate became noticable, even without focusing on it. Of course, I started focusing on it as a result, which I'm sure increased the heart rate substantially. I measured 37 beats in 15 seconds, which measures to 148 bpm. And that was while sitting outside, trying to relax and listen to the birds.

That's the only symptom though, is the fast heart rate. There's a slight breathlessness that comes with a fast heart rate, so that's fine. The only thing that's bothering me is the heart rate itself. But I only took 50mg XR.

Anyways, does anyone have any tips? I'm likely never going to use stimulants again. But if I do, and I experience a rapid heart rate (130+-), should I ignore it? Or acknowledge it? I feel that acknowledging it only makes it more real, and leads to faster heart rate and more anxiety. Ignoring it allows me to focus on something else, like writing this right now. But my mind will continuously wander back to the fact that my heart is thumping away. It's slowed down slightly but still feels like its at or above the 120 range.

Anyone have similar experiences with a high heart rate caused by either stimulants, anxiety, or a combination of the two? What do you do about it?

TL;DR
I took 50mg adderall XR and my heart rate has been as high as 148 today. This fast heart rate has been going on for a few hours. It does not cause any physical discomfort, only mental worry. I've taken higher doses of adderall without issues. I feel like I'm creating my own anxiety by worrying about it which starts a vicious cycle of fast HR, more anxiety, which makes the HR faster and increases the anxiety, and so forth.

Should I ignore the fast heart rate, because thinking about it only creates more worry? Or what? I can't even tell if the HR is caused by the stimulants or the anxiety. I'm sure it's a little of both.

Tips? Thx

first off under stand that addy will increase heart rate, there is no getting around that... its not coffee nor redbull for example
if you have anxiety or panic disorder adderall is not something you wanna be taking
second yeah im sure you had a panic attack because you scared yourself because of the increased HR, increased HR will cause a bit of panic if you never exp'd it before
and yes again if you focus on it and believe something is wrong when in fact nothing really is, that a sure fire way to get a panic attack(exactly what people with anxiety suffer from)
now you can back off the dosage and find a happy place, stay at the same dose and ignore the increased HR or dont take it all

yes. I weigh about 150 and my tolerance is pretty high and i usually take about 100-120 mg when i want to use it recreationally. But one night a couple months ago, i could only get Vyvanse, which I had never taken before but figured i could handle a good bit. Took a 50 mg, waited an hour and felt nothing. Then took half of another one, and felt nothing. 30 min later, I took the other half, along with 10 mg of adderall and my God. I went out for a 4 AM drive to listen to music and I noticed my right arm go numb, and right after, my breathing got heavier and heavier. I could barely catch my breath and i started freaking out and started losing vision, literally, and had to pull over. Got my phone out to call 911 but i was like "wait, i'm 21, fairly healthy, and i've taken higher doses of addy than this before and was fine. There's no way i'm having a heart attack right now" haha so i waited a couple of minutes and tried to calm down, but it got worse. So i forced a candy bar i had in my stomach, drank some water and lied down in my backseat for about 20 min and it finally started slowing down. I guess Vyvanse affects certain people differently cause i still never really felt like i was on anything until that happened. Needless to say, i haven't taken Vyvanse since, and i've lowered my doses of addy haha

There are tons of things that could be playing a role in this. Maybe, for example, you have an un-diagnosed heart condition? If these episodes scare you to the point where you think you might be having a Myocardial infarction (heart attack) maybe you should think about taking less adderall or vyvanse recreationally. I'm not a doctor or anything, this is just my opinion.

There are tons of things that could be playing a role in this. Maybe, for example, you have an un-diagnosed heart condition? If these episodes scare you to the point where you think you might be having a Myocardial infarction (heart attack) maybe you should think about taking less adderall or vyvanse recreationally. I'm not a doctor or anything, this is just my opinion.

the probability of the OP having heart conditions is unlikely
if it only happens with adderall meaning if it doesnt happen during strenuous workout, sex among other things that get your HR up then its most likely he scared the shit out of himself due to the crazy increase in HR, but if it does happen during strenuous situations then a trip to the cardiologist would be essential
again if you never felt a intense HR increase it will def scare the shit out of you
the "heart attack" type feelings was in response to the activation of the flight or fight response or a simple adrenaline rush is what you felt because it scared you which is all very normal physical effects in response to the flight or fight response
adderall and vyvanse are very powerful stimulants it can even cause increased HR in people without anxiety issues
plus the main side effect is increased HR in both