• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ADD & Amphetamines & How much do you use?

bipolar-sunshine

Bluelighter
Hopefully this is in the right spot. Anyway,

Curious as to how much amphetamines (pills wise) you take to get high?

I can take 40mg IR Adderall and just feel normal, how I'm supposed to feel. Is this because I have ADD that stims affect me differently than everyone else? Or am I just expecting too much from them?

I am prescribed 60mg Vyvanse and 20mg IR Adderall as a booster daily. I tend to abuse them though and take more than one a day (usually 2 pills a day, no more than 3 or 4) so my script usually runs out 2 ish weeks early. I'm wondering if I'm chasing a high I won't feel (because I have ADD) or if stims just aren't for me?

Sorry if this is worded weird, I hope I described everything efficiently.

Thanks for your imput!

When I was prescribed low doses of Adderall or Dexedrine for ADD I took it as prescribed and only took 5-10mg orally, or at very rare times 15mg orally. I never abused them or took a moderate or large dose, or snorted them or used another route of administration.

I also would not take them daily, or during breaks from school, work, etc.

any dose of Adderall is recreational to me. 30mg and under usually gives me the "high" without the mental on top of the world feeling, anything above 40mg Is strictly recreational and very euphoric

unfortunately I still crash bad whatever the dose may be...

I just don't feel that way. I'm not sure if it's because I have ADD or not, but I only feel "normal" per say. I mean I feel an increase in my mood and my motivation, but I don't feel the high that some people describe you know?

I just don't feel that way. I'm not sure if it's because I have ADD or not, but I only feel "normal" per say. I mean I feel an increase in my mood and my motivation, but I don't feel the high that some people describe you know?
I feel "normal" if I take them daily because my body is used to the medication and if I skip a day I just wanna eat and sleep.

Now if I take a break, take the same dose , i will deffo feel high. The high for me is increased motivation, talkativeness, I just wanna get things 'done'. Maybe a general feeling of well being the first couple hours after dosing, then I will notice a decline in mood... And after that I just feel like "....."
Actually that's almost how it goes when I take it daily, just the positive feelings are much less noticeable.

But no there's no REAL euphoria high like I just IVed heroin or something. It's more like "oh cool, I'm way more productive."

Last edited:
I have been on Adderall 20mg IRs once a day for the past 4 months or so... I must say, I have been liking them a lot lately! Not only do they take away most (if not all)of the ADHD issues I have, but they make me much more on the ball and on task with things at work or at home! I am just way more focused than I was before, and get a wonderful, euphoric feeling every time I take one which lasts me quite a while too, considering I take them every day and have been for months now! I know it probably wont last like this forever, but I am happy it still is working well for me (knocking on wood now lol). I know a lot of people are very different with this particular medication and what kind of effect it gives them from one person to the next! It seems especially true for stimulant ADHD meds and benzos to affect different people in much different ways from one another from what I have seen and heard.

Did you ever feel any different from those doses?

Only when I was not taking the medication regularly and had zero tolerance, or no tolerance at all. When I took 15mg I had not taken any for awhile and it was very intense for me to the point where I never took it again.

When I was taking the medication regularly I would not get the common side effects like stimulation, or feeling as though I was on a stimulant, and I would even fall asleep while on the medication if it was morning and I was in a class I was bored in.

Any of you guys try to go a day without your meds, good luck getting up on time in the morning lol.
Personally if I take the meds regularly, I can't even crawl out of bed until it kicks in.

I have always hated the initial moment of waking up before your ready.. I need to drink coffee or something with caffeine in it to function.. then I take antacids and my other meds.. then I take the Adderall, usually sniff it because I get the same great feeling everytime I do it that way, orally I have found to be unpredictable at best with Adderall... Because of how it reacts to stomach acid so much.. If my stomach has acid in it I don't feel right from the Adderall.. so I got tired of that fickle bullshit, and stuck with sniffing.. yeah it might not be good for you. but I have done way worse than sniffing Adderall. Plus I still feel it most of the day when I sniff it, some people say it only lasts like an hour or 2 when sniffed.. not for me, I am feeling great for like 6-8 hrs after I sniff it, then I just gradually becomes less noticeable. I don't get a bad comedown from Adderall as I do with most other stims for some reason.

20-15-15 mg of dex-amp , feels like drinking coffee without the sides.

I have ADHD.

20mg for organization type stuff/no stimulation (HATE this dose even though it does help with some symptoms)

30-40mg for productivity+mild high-loved this dose

60+mg for pure recreation. Don't really like to go this high though, too tweaky and I prefer coke-like highs for pure recreation.

Lately though, after abusing some RC stims, my tolerance seems to be jacked and 60mg is doing next to nothing for me and I kinda feel like crap.

20-15-15 mg of dex-amp , feels like drinking coffee without the sides.

yep! Get yourself a dextroamphetamine script. If you use it correctly and take periodic breaks, you'll be great.!

Staying within the recommended doses, helps a lot. I take 30 mg of dextroamphetamine a day. That is usually enough.

Now, I want a little kick, I take a teaspoon of so of baking powder w/dose. Clean and on. Another way is to drink a nice cup of coffee( a brand you like ) and wait a half hour or so, then dose your amp. Now your really on. Mixing with caffeine can exasserbate side effects, so know your state of mind prior to dosing. Method three is simply take an extra pill or even stagger your dosage.

Getting amps right, takes some practice.

Best advice. Take a break once or twice a month. That can simply be splitting your dose on the weekends.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can take 60mg of IR adderall and just feel "normal" I don't feel high at all. Is my ADD this bad that I can't feel anythinggggg?

Whether you have the worst case of add/ADHD known to man, you will still feel the same amount of wonderful euphoria, and you will still feel the stimulation like any other human . The concept of amphetamines "calming" people down more so in the aspect of making you focus on one thing at a time, these drugs are stimulants and will cause stimulation no matter what, I find it funny when I meet people that say they fall asleep when they do cocaine or adderall . Lol. But take a high enough dose you will feel benefits and effects

What's funny about paradoxical effects most adhd diagnosed people I know get sleepy from therapeutic doses of amphetamine.

What's funny about paradoxical effects most adhd diagnosed people I know get sleepy from therapeutic doses of amphetamine.

I have ADHD and methylphenidate is the worst culprit for me - knocks me right out. I've used it before as a sleep aid.

I was diagnosed with severe ADHD, at age 18... I've been on straterra (shit), vyvanse (ehh), and now adderall XR. Although I've experimented with methylphenidate in all forms, adderall still stands far superior. Now I fucking LOVE speed, and always have. I've been at dangerous, dangerous levels of addiction, (about a year ago I would take 200mgvy+50-100mg addy DAILY). It loses its magic after a while, you need to give yourself tollerence breaks. Currently I take 40-60mg addy xr daily. Although I'm looking for a booster soon. Peace and love

Yeah, therapeutic doses are easy build tolerance to. Shoot them with half a gram of meth and see if those diagnosed with adhd fall asleep. Lol