• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ADD/ADHD Diagnosis - (dex)amphetamines.

I Was diagnosed with ADD Type II At FIVE years old, was on
dexamphetamine until a year ago. Haven't been on it since,
but most doctors agree i have ADD, so it's not hard for me,
im gonna go back on em, i dont use them recreationally, like
somebody here said, they are best used to improve your life
job, school, university etc.. If used in the right way, you'll
be a much happier person in life, if abused, your an addict. :)

I was recently diagnosed with ADD- the inattentive type-by a very experienced and understanding psychiatrist. As long as i can remeber i always found it difficult to remain focused on a single task at school, especialy if i wasnt interested in the subject, yet i would excell at anything i was interested in and this is still the same today.

For years i just assumed i was lasy, useless, a misfit, the list goes on-BUT one day after speaking to multipul GPs about the issue and forever being told that im simply depressed-i will admit that i do suffer from depressive mode swings and elevated mood swing, but i knew there was somthing more to the problem, finaly i told a GP that all i want from them is a referal to a psyciatrist i had found and heard excellent things about.

On my first visit i explained to the psyc that i have lost sooooo many jobs in the past year that it was now just rediculous and that i had dropped out of my studies which i was incredibly keen on finishing, all because i couldnt keep my thought process on trach while i was suppose to be working or studying. He asked me if i had an understanding of ADD/ADHD, which i partialy did-i was under the impression that the ADD/ADHD affected kids were the ones who constantly dispruppted the class, threw into violent rages and so on, yet i was completely unaware tat there was a completely differant side to the condition-Attention Deficit Disorder-without the hyper activity.

this made quite a bit of sense to me once i started to actualy think about it, AND it turns out that when i was a child i WAS diagnosed with ADD and possible Aspergers Syndrome(that one ill get to in another post) yet for some reason i was never told about this untill i started delving into my past medical history...

Once i began taking Dexamphetamine-10mg twice a day, i noticed slight changes in my thought process but this came with the downside of increases anxiety as well as accute anxiety attacks, i reported my findings to my phych and we decided to try 15mg twice a day and see how that went-amazingly the extra 5mg per dose increased the possitive effects to no end. I was able to concentrate on my studies, organise my life like never before and even hold down a job for longer then a month, im not sure about you but this for me is a major acheivment.

It has been 12 months since i began taking Dexamphetamine and in those 12 months i have completed 2 tafe certificates as well as a mining and engineering certificate-in ONE year! considering before i started taking Dexamphetamine i would not have even thought that was possible for me.

My relationship with my girlfriend of 7 years had been on a downward slope before i decided to seek help, simply because of my constnt mood swings along with other issues such as MONEY, well lack of money due to my not being able to hold down a job, and just the usual stuff.....However since i began Taking Dexamphetamine that has completely changed, no longer am i shitty for no apparent reason one minute then depressed the next then so elevated people would think i was high-in the space of an hour or 2 i might add.

I have also begun to look into my other personal issues amd now actualy have a desire to change for the better instead of simply taking life however it comes, simply existing from day to day.
I will admit that on occasions i have abused my medication for recreational purposes but i quicky discoverd that only made my original problems far far worse and simply was not worth the ups and downs.

Everybody has their own opinion on Dexamphetamine-From a pure street drug with no medical purpose-right through to a lifesaver, and people are free to express their own opinions, but please remember unless you have all the facts-your opinion is just that-an opinion, not a fact

For myself-Dexamphetamine has gotten my life back on track, i now hold a full-time job which i enjoy, i have recommence the studies i dropped out of, my moods are much more stable, and because of all of this my depression and constant anxiety are not as brutal as they once were.

For anyone considering soucing Dexamphetamine please consider exactly what it is you want it for-weather it be to assist you in changing your life for the better, OR for a cheap thrill on the weekends now that there arent any decent pills around anymore, if it is the latter then please also consider the possability of sleep deprivation leading to possible psycosis (ive been there and its not fun at all) to psycological addiction due to the easy access you will have to "a wonder drug" that will make you feel like the most awsom person ever born even though form the outside you are actualy just a rambling, self obsest, know it all.

But people will do what they will do and its not my business to tell them what they can and cant do-this is just me sharing my experience hoping that it may be of some help to sombody who needs it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, if you have any questions or would like any advice feel free to post it here or if its personal just inbox me and ill do my best to help.

Well, number of possible side effects AND severity. Death as a listed side effect is serious enough to put me off.
Plus personal experience. "Safer" non-stimulant drugs nearly killed me and left me with permanant damage. Sadly, it happens all too frequently.

Hi all

I have recently been referred to by a local GP to a psychiatrist concerning diagnosis and treatment of add/adhd

I'm not positive as to whether I have add/adhd or not, as my motivation, procrastination and overall level of attention has been getting worse and worse over the years.

However, research has led me to believe that one must have shown add symptoms from the age of seven, or younger.
I was somewhat hyperactive as a child, but relating this to adhd would be naive of me...

I was just wondering whether anyone had any relevant info that could help me
Or any insight on the matter...?
Any information would be appreciated
(y)

Cheers

It depends on who your psychiatrist is. If he is strictly against prescribing Dexamphetamine or Methylphenidate (sp?), then you can kiss your chances of getting RX'd any Schedule 8 goodbye. My advice to you is to seek out an older, been around for years and years psychiatrist, who will prescribe you Dexamphetamine, 100 tablets with 5 repeats. Back in the day, I was RX'd 300 tablets, 9 pills per day, with 4 repeats, instead of my usual 200 pills with 5 repeats. Then some quack wrote a letter to whoever explaining that I am not allowed Dexamphetamine or Methylphenidate, due to my previous dependency issues with benzodiazepines. Point is, be careful, also show him some reports of your misbehaviour during your high school years if your over 18. MOST IMPORTANTLY, go and seek out an old psychiatrist. Don't get addicted to them, tolerance builds up, dopamine releases after about 100 mg, and you will never experience true happiness again, without Dexamphetamine. That being said, if you TRULY do have ADHD (Inattentive subtype, I presume, judging by your medical complaints), then you have nothing to worry about. Are you hyperactive? How old are you bro?

Peace.

Bronson.

It depends on who your psychiatrist is. If he is strictly against prescribing Dexamphetamine or Methylphenidate (sp?), then you can kiss your chances of getting RX'd any Schedule 8 goodbye. My advice to you is to seek out an older, been around for years and years psychiatrist, who will prescribe you Dexamphetamine, 100 tablets with 5 repeats. Back in the day, I was RX'd 300 tablets, 9 pills per day, with 4 repeats, instead of my usual 200 pills with 5 repeats. Then some quack wrote a letter to whoever explaining that I am not allowed Dexamphetamine or Methylphenidate, due to my previous dependency issues with benzodiazepines. Point is, be careful, also show him some reports of your misbehaviour during your high school years if your over 18. MOST IMPORTANTLY, go and seek out an old psychiatrist. Don't get addicted to them, tolerance builds up, dopamine releases after about 100 mg, and you will never experience true happiness again, without Dexamphetamine. That being said, if you TRULY do have ADHD (Inattentive subtype, I presume, judging by your medical complaints), then you have nothing to worry about. Are you hyperactive? How old are you bro?

Peace.

Bronson.

I'm always hesitant to give advice on here about how to get treatment for ADD. If this were an ADD forum, than that would be a different story...but this is bluelight.

dopamine releases after about 100 mg, and you will never experience true happiness again, without Dexamphetamine.

That's a bit concerning Charles Bronson....never experience true happiness again? shit. 100mg is like 20 tablets though...which is craziness IMO. 3 tablets is enough to get someone non-tolerant bouncing off the walls.

Then some quack wrote a letter to whoever explaining that I am not allowed Dexamphetamine or Methylphenidate, due to my previous dependency issues with benzodiazepines.

Maybe a blessing in disguise? I was upfront with all my drug use to my Doctor and really glad I was...told him I was on subutex for opiate addiction, and that I had been addicted to benzos for around a year. He read me back the notes from my first session at the last appointment...listed all the drugs I had tried (which was a pretty longish list including heroin, MDMA, meth, nitrous oxide) He said it wasn't uncommon in older ADD people who were being honest...

Since I had problems with drugs of dependence Canberra required me to get a second opinion that concurred, and I ended up getting a second and third opinion from another psychiatrist and testing psychologist, just to be sure. I had been diagnosed with it as a kid as well, which I guess helped.

If someone really thinks they have ADD, just make sure your honest with your doctor. Also - look for guidance in places other than bluelight...

Also - Dexamphetamine isn't the only answer to your problems. Awareness of your disorder and personal weaknesses will help you much more I think. With 2c-frEak's post above, I'm glad it worked so well for him, but I think that's probably the best possible outcome and it isn't always like that.

If someone really thinks they have ADD, just make sure your honest with your doctor. Also - look for guidance in places other than bluelight...

Very true. I'm guessing as soon as the Mods wake up, my post will be deleted. What I meant was prolonged usage of more than 10 x 5 mg Dex tablets a day, talking about 3-6 years of abuse.

Yeah, but this quack is a total fuckhead ay. He deserves to be stripped off his license, because his a smug fucker. I'm not pissed off at the fact that I got banned from Dexamphetamine, I'm pissed off at this cunt of a quack, because it just means that I have to study harder, even though I have Inattentive-subtype ADHD, and plus I think there are alternatives to Dex, such as Reboxetine (Ughh) and Strattera (double Ughh)...

Even though, I could get a psychiatrist to write to the DDU in Queensland explaining my case, but more problems arise from my using Dexamphetamine, than benefits, because I can't be trusted with the shit!

Peace bro.