• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Adamant on taking a break - thoughts and advice?

dajazza

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I've been taking MDMA for almost two years now. Back in 2013 I was taking it only on special occasions (raves, festivals etc), in appropriate break times (2-3 months), rolls were amazing! And by the years end was feeling perfectly fine. However this year, I've noticed i have been taking MDMA way too often. It would range from a month to a week between rolls. This was to the point where sometimes I would not peak at all! After this I felt really empty, anxious, and almost had a panic attack at gym (whilst on pre-workout supplement). It was to the point where I went to a festival in the worst mind set ever. Also at this event, I rolled to see if this feeling to go away, and the roll was completely ruined and I felt extremely paranoid. Now its been almost 4 weeks since my last roll, I'm feeling normal again and I am very very adamant on taking a break until New Years (3 months and a bit from my last roll) and will start going back to doing MDMA every 2-3 months starting from 2015. I've almost forgot how a peak feels - its that bad!

I just have a few questions:
1. Have my serotonin levels fully recovered right now? 5'9 187lb (might be hard to tell, but any advice is cool!)
2. Will I ever peak again? After rolling at times, 1-2 weeks in between, I sometimes never peaked
3. Would rolling again this New Years be appropriate? Or should I wait until February 2015 (big event that I'm going too that I can't miss)

Thanks guys!

This is what happens when you abuse MDMA - the magic is lost. Good to see that you've realized your own abuse, it will get better :)

You will be able to roll again, but you may need a really long break (months to years).
I would definitely wait until february (that may even be too short of a break). If you still don't feel it in february, wait at least another 6 months.
Focus on eating healthy, exercising, and keeping a healthy lifestyle, that will help. :)

Hi. I think it's safe to give it a go on NYE. The most important thing is not to have any expectations in case you wouldn't roll. It's a possibility that you've built a long lasting tolerance to it's mental effects (our brain is a complicated thing), we are all different. Some could roll every weekend (for a while before losing the magic), some need a few months inbetween. If you still won't roll after 3 months of break, you definitely need more, 6 or 12months.

Oh, and are you 100% sure it was MDMA (i mean did you test it with reagent?) and not - say - methylone?

Last edited:
Thanks for the support guys! I'm actually so excited NOT to roll! Haha, is that even normal!?

You are excited because you hope your efforts will be fruitful. Yes, normal :)
What dosages were you taking btw? Or pills? Were they tested?

1. Possibly not far off, but it's impossible for anybody to tell you, everyone is different, it's going to depend on diet, how hard you abused mdma & your individual body chemistry.
2. Yes if you take a long enough break

I know this may sound obvious and might not make any difference for some people, but try fasting for the day and then taking it.

That might be a little unhealthy but if you want to feel the effects and roll hard, then definitely don't eat a big meal and then take the x right after.

Simplest advice - if you feel you need a break then take a break...lol really?