• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Trigger Warning Adam Zivo: Astonishing amounts of government-supplied opioids found for sale on Reddit

I was asked a few weeks ago by a homeless guy if i wanted to buy dillies(hydromorph) so they are getting sold. But if someone wants to get high i'd rather they start with hydromorph then fentanyl. People are going to use regardless. A good supply of hydromorph on the streets is still safer then a good supply of fentanyl.

The conservatives are already talking about scraping the safe supply and i don't agree with that at all so i don't know who to vote for.
As someone mentioned, people sell their methadone and subs, no different really.

If i didn't have MS and a script i would be on street dope. Having access to diverted hydromorph would be my safer option.
A few will ruin it for others but thats how everything works.

The dude telling and shutting it down may want to be careful, i doubt it's nice people dealing in bulk

good supply of hydromorph on the streets is still safer then a good supply of fentanyl.

It is good for just about everbody except those who get it from the gov, at least in vancouver, as those guys aint eating no fucking dillies. You should see peoples faces when I say I do opiates orally

of course a few will be taking as prescribed [and various states of no so as prescribed], and some get more appealing things than d8s I think.

Also I think reselling is less common in Ontario,

Last edited:
The dude telling and shutting it down may want to be careful, i doubt it's nice people dealing in bulk

I swear those guys are 'dude telling's' sock accounts, They are just too conveniently idiotic at key times.

cant prove it , but can present it as a likely explanation.

There 95% likely never was any selling, [dealers use darkweb] the 'dealers' are either scammers or sock puppets for a hoax

Ya it's not to bad here, the only people selling are those already addicted to fentanyl already and usually sold to other addicts. Vancouver has always had a bigger drug problem then Toronto

one thing, if those reddit guys really were dealing Adam would be sending them heaps of traffic and being an enabler, which is exactly what he is trying people to stop doing..

Adam made vague claims to have shut the dealing down, but the one sub he didn't get taken down had fake dealing [screenshot one page one of this thead] even after the NP story broke

Two additional points:

- Diversion of recreationally-used psychotropic medications is hardly an activity only undertaken by street drug addicts receiving "safe supply" prescriptions. It's been engaged in by patients of all stripes for as long as the drug laws have been around.

- "Safe supply" is not a new idea. This is the traditional treatment for opioid dependence and only disappeared from the North American consciousness after doctors began to be prosecuted in the wake of the passing of the 1914 Harrison Narcotics Act. It is therefore older than the drug laws, and much older than methadone.

Some suggestions for politicians and activists:

- With Canada's swing back towards the right, drug policy activists and politicians hoping to move forward progressive drug policies should remember that drug policy reform can be attractive to a big-tent audience. When organizations like the CDPC start giving their opinion on every left-wing pet issue out there, they're alienating many potential allies. I stopped donating to them after their loud support for the contentious 2020 railway blockades by Native American activists, for example. Whether or not the protests were worth supporting, they had nothing to do with drug policy. I'm sure they lost many more supporters than they gained with these signals of support for left-wing issues. People who agree with the left-wing line on all those issues are already allies more or less by default when it comes to progressive drug policy reform. It's everybody else you have to convince. Leave the rest to PressProgress et al.

- People don't like drug addicts getting free drugs. Just charge them the damned list price for the drugs. It's not really fair -- a depressed person with prescription drug insurance isn't charged for their Prozac, and both SSRI therapy and maintenance therapy are legitimate health treatments for a psychiatric indication -- but sometimes the practical has to prioritized over the ideal. Hydromorphone pills are dirt cheap. In any case, just make sure the government isn't paying for it -- if private insurers do, that's not going to get a National Post headline. We all know the retail cost of prescription drugs is insignificant compared to black market markups, crime incentivized by having to pay those black market markups, the cost of hospitalizations related to street drug complications, legal costs of trying in vain to suppress the drug black market, etc. but we have to remember the general public is not as interested in this stuff as we are, so things have to be kept simple.

Two books everybody (especially politicians) who wants to join the public debate should read on this topic:

The Consumer's Union Report on Licit and Illicit Drugs by Edward M. Brecher
- This was published by Consumer Reports (yes, that Consumer Reports) in the early '70s and is essentially the Bible of recreational drug use. Opioids get the most comprehensive focus. There is nothing (substantially) new under the sun that wasn't tackled by Brecher.

The American Disease by David F. Musto
- How did global drug prohibition start? What was the situation preceding it? This is the essential history.

Last edited:

- People don't like drug addicts getting free drugs.
ya think? Ironically free drugs would help everybody by driving down property crime.

The Swiss, in keeping with their national stereotype, kept meticulous records. They found data to support the program through years of scientific study and strict randomized controlled trials before incorporating HAT into the law.

Since then, the number of new heroin users in Switzerland has declined. Drug overdose deaths dropped by 64 percent. HIV infections dropped by 84 percent. Home thefts dropped by 98 percent. And the Swiss prosecute 75 percent fewer opioid-related drug cases each year.

I mean, with the benefit of hindsight that we have now, that’s probably exactly what they should be saying
Exactly. A safer supply movement needs to go balls out and at least begin putting a dent in the dumbfuckery going on from down south. Quality control isn’t as impossible as it seems from illicit suppliers. And, tainting everything from blow to tweak w Fent? To increase demand, dumbfuckery of the highest order. Opioid naive Dudes keeling over from a line of blow due to fent. It just pisses me off. Many issues on many levels, pisses me off. My cousin died from fake oxys. He had a big habit, about 400mg daily of Oxy. The mix was so terrible, even w major tolerance, it killed him as quick is as even possible. Had to have been enough fent to kill 20 opioid naive humans. Outlaw safer supply movement would save a lot of lives.

This dude is a real shithead:

"Russian troops tried to kill me"...Russian troops didn't try to kill him they tried to attack whatever convoy he was in...

Dude is a real drama queen. Not saying that because he's gay (as the flag suggests). Although it's possible that it compounds the matter 🤔

I swear those guys are 'dude telling's' sock accounts, They are just too conveniently idiotic at key times.

cant prove it , but can present it as a likely explanation.

There 95% likely never was any selling, [dealers use darkweb] the 'dealers' are either scammers or sock puppets for a hoax
I am now starting to think the dealing on Reddit may be real. Really strange how open they are, Reddit is a heavily moderated site.

Here is Adam taking a crack at more serous writing - longer and [so far] better quality shill work than his Newspaper Stuff.

Introductory article:

Nothing “safe” about BC’s “safe supply”​

The province’s new protocols abandon accountability and evidence, and seriously undermine recovery-oriented care.​

36 page paper: