View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Actualizing through a flashback

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
A month ago I had 600-800ug and had a life changing trip. I heard a certain pattern of sounds and I felt every fiber of my comsciousness focus in on a single level. I had completely realized some weird unexplainable truth only my subsconscious could understand and I became immediately reset on very core levels.

Hearing the same sound on other drugs now creates the same phenomena, except not as deep. I smoked a lot of herb today, heard the sample on a pink floyd song and I felt revitalized, like I immediately was aware of myself experiencing the moment again.

I theorize my mind perfectly related itself and aligned to the sound. I heard it once and my brain immediately wrote the tie to mu brain to allow me to relive the experience and realize I exist easier. Anyone else experience something similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo

Hearing the bell on this runs some thought pattern that immediately "cleanses" and makes me aware of my conscious mind. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Last edited:
Is it an aummm like sound, also resembling the flanging sound a la Autechre - Foil ?

Is it an aummm like sound, also resembling the flanging sound a la Autechre - Foil ?

Yes! It's just like that but it's more major and upbeat sounding. I hear it on a trip and I feel purified to the level I'm on

I think it's called, among other things, the cosmic vibration... although I personally don't subscribe to any religious explanations with descriptions that bear no convincing argument why it would be true or untrue...

No idea if it's an intense burst of synaesthesia that let's you perceive your own brain activity / mind as a sound, but it seems most likely to me that it's something intrinsic to our perception and consciousness perhaps in a way like epileptic zigzag hallucinations being hardwired in our brain anatomy, parts relevant to visual perception in that case.

Everybody is welcome to interpret our consciousness as something spiritual... but my point is that it seems a bit farfetched to suggest that you can hear the vibration of the cosmos, rather than our own individual little swath interwoven in the tapestry of the cosmos.
I think what connects things like synaesthesia and the spirituality of the level of pure matter/energy we are comprised of, is "undifferentiated information"... or source code, whatever you want to call it. Synaesthesia, I think, can be a way to experience mental information in an abnormal, inappropriate way which causes an unusual phenomenon for the person experiencing it..
Which also reminds me of another effect I have had on LSD which is hearing a friend speak my native language and me not understanding a word of it but just hearing it like I have never heard someone speak before, it's just sound - which is wondrous as an isolated temporary effect. And of course there are countless other examples of people experiencing something 'as if for the first time' while tripping... which is yet another type of unadulterated experience. And all of this is also very much in line with the mystical: a pure experience of a sort of a priori kind.

These things seem to be expected if psychedelics act as psycholytics.