• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Actual pain relief needed. Help pls

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
So I broke a rib.
Doctor gave me nurofen plus (500mg ibuprofen, 12.5mg codeine) as well as panadeine forte (500mg paracetamol 30mg codeine)

The idea was nurofen plus for day use and the forte for sleep.

Well.
I’m taking 2 of each 3 times a day so 85 mg codeine AND ITS NOT FUCKING HELPING AT ALL.

The agony is excruciating.
I want to go back to my GP and ask for something that WILL help but I’ve got no idea what might work better, anyone have suggestions?

I was using some endone I had lying around before I went to the doctor but even that didn’t seem to help much

Am I just stuck with this shit for 6 to 8 weeks or is there something that’ll offer even the smallest relief?

There's not much we can do unfortunately, i don't think you can just walk up to the doctor's office and ask him for a bunch of oxy 30s or something. You have to tell him that the codeine isn't enough and that you are in extreme pain, then pray he isn't a cold hearted piece of shit.

Morphine would be your best bet with a broken rib I think.
It really numbs your body more than any other opiate I have ever been given.

I am sorry this happened my friend.
You have been doing so well with detoxing.

The pain should get better and better as the bone heals. That is a painful injury.
The ibuprofen is honestly pretty helpful in this situation, keep taking that.

Soft hugs.
🌹

There's not much we can do unfortunately, i don't think you can just walk up to the doctor's office and ask him for a bunch of oxy 30s or something. You have to tell him that the codeine isn't enough and that you are in extreme pain, then pray he isn't a cold hearted piece of shit.

He’s a good GP, if I ask he will give, just not repeatedly asking for shit before the last lot has past the prescribed date.

I’m just thinking if that amount of codeine isn’t helping, and endone, which is an oxy brand name does bugger all, are any opiates going to do the job?
Is there another drug type stronger? I didn’t think there was.

Morphine would be your best bet with a broken rib I think.
It really numbs your body more than any other opiate I have ever been given.

I am sorry this happened my friend.
You have been doing so well with detoxing.

The pain should get better and better as the bone heals. That is a painful injury.

Soft hugs.
🌹

Thank you beautiful!
Still haven’t had a drink, but that sure as hell is easier with a script of opiates at hand funnily lol

No problem, just please don't end up getting addicted to the stuff.
Lol I’m definitely prone to that issue so thanks for caring.
I doubt my doc will let me go down the road without intervention, he will monitor me closely.
Just grateful he’s a reasonable human, I’ve had so many GP’s refuse to prescribe ANY codeine at all over the years.

Sorry for your troubles. There could be a lot of inflammation, which can really amp up pain. There is nothing better for controlling inflammation than prednisone. But try not to take any more than 20mg per day.

Although geared more for those managing chronic pain, you might still find something useful here:

Last edited:
Be careful not to take too much Tylenol my friend.
I know you need more codeine but remember those panadeine forte have 500 mg Tylenol/paracetamol in each one of them.

Cold water extract that paracetamol out of there if you need to take many of those.

Take it easy on your Liver.

Hope you feel better real soon! 😘❤️

Ps: Well Done on not having a drink! You are doing so good! I am proud!

Are ýou in the U.K.? If so, you can legally get dried poppy pods either online or just by walking into a florist. Get rid of the seeds and eat 4 ping pong ball size or 2 egg sized pods. You will start feeling relief within 30 minutes and reach maximum effects in two hours. After 3 hours, if you think that you need more, consume half of the amount which you used initially. The effects will last nearly all day. Don't rush to redose because it can be very potent and you get the full effects after a few hours.
You can just eat the dried pods directly or grind it up in a coffee grinder then mix into a glass of liquid, then drink the whole thing. Another way is making tea by putting the ground pods in a hot cup of water, agitate it a few times till the hot water cools down, then filter it to get rid of the plant material and drink.
What you will experience is an opium effect which is great for pain relief and pleasure. Be careful because it can be addictive and very potent. Don't combine with other depressants like alcohol or benzodiazepines.

Lol I’m definitely prone to that issue so thanks for caring.
I doubt my doc will let me go down the road without intervention, he will monitor me closely.
Just grateful he’s a reasonable I’ve had so many GP’s refuse to prescribe ANY codeine at all over the years.
Damn, not even fucking codeine? That's so shitty, what was their reasoning? And yeah be very careful with the oxy, it's right up there with heroin yet so many people don't realize this just because it's a pill prescribed by a doctor.

Are ýou in the U.K.? If so, you can legally get dried poppy pods either online or just by walking into a florist. Get rid of the seeds and eat 4 ping pong ball size or 2 egg sized pods. You will start feeling relief within 30 minutes and reach maximum effects in two hours. After 3 hours, if you think that you need more, consume half of the amount which you used initially. The effects will last nearly all day. Don't rush to redose because it can be very potent and you get the full effects after a few hours.
You can just eat the dried pods directly or grind it up in a coffee grinder then mix into a glass of liquid, then drink the whole thing. Another way is making tea by putting the ground pods in a hot cup of water, agitate it a few times till the hot water cools down, then filter it to get rid of the plant material and drink.
What you will experience is an opium effect which is great for pain relief and pleasure. Be careful because it can be addictive and very potent. Don't combine with other depressants like alcohol or benzodiazepines.
No Aus unfortunately, poppy is big time illegal here. I remember the cops coming round when I was a kid and ripping up my mates Grandmas entire garden as she was unwittingly supplying half the towns addicts 😂😂😂😂

Damn, not even fucking codeine? That's so shitty, what was their reasoning? And yeah be very careful with the oxy, it's right up there with heroin and so many people don't realize this just because it's a pill prescribed by a doctor.

Oh yep they’re fucking ridiculous here

No Aus unfortunately, poppy is big time illegal here. I remember the cops coming round when I was a kid and ripping up my mates Grandmas entire garden as she was unwittingly supplying half the towns addicts 😂😂😂😂
How about seeds? I remember reading a couple years ago that the seeds in Australia were quite strong and lots of people use them either for fun or to stop opiate withdrawals.

Last edited: