Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Actors You've Seen A Million Times But Never Knew The Name Of... Until today!

both these guys are well-known to me now but there was a time they would crop up all over the place and i had no idea who they were:

william fichtner
prisonbillficht.jpg

john c. mcginley
john-c-mcginley.jpg

alasdair

imgcoleman.jpg

Dabney Coleman

I would see him in loads of stuff, but had no idea what his name was until I recently watched Nine To Five.

CCH Pounder

Nearly ALWAYS plays the tough but wise FBI agent/high-ranking police officer, & she's a damn fine actress too.

00000348062006102101483qz8.jpg

Delroy Lindo

latimerbh3.jpg

David Morse

10043731mg0.jpg

JT Walsh (it is NOT "TJ" Walsh. Only a fool would make that mistake)

7676074bfc8a61da4hr2.jpg

When your life flashes before you at the time of your death, I'm absolutely certain that these guys will crop up & make several cameo appearances, such is their ubiquity.

Last edited:
Some guys who have made a living playing "the bad guy":

Kim Coates

kimcoatesvd2.jpg

Dennis Farina (One of my favourites)

142522inlawslfc0.jpg

Miguel Ferrer

miguelinparadebf9.jpg

And you KNOW you've all seen this guy about:

Michael J. Hagerty

michaelghagertypg0.jpg

That's all I can think of for the time being.

echo off said:
Ewan McGregor was in Nightwatch? rofl, i guess that creepy mortician really did steal the show.

Not the recent Russian vampire Nightwatch. The Ewan Mcgregor film was from 96 or 97.

The Candyman is "Tony Todd"
10f.jpg

For a GREAT example of Tony Todd doing some straight dramatic work, check out "The Man From Earth". He was one of the best characters in the film.

phillipseymourhoffman.jpg

Phillip Seymour Hoffman
He's becoming more and more known due to his acting ability and picking great scripts(not so much the latest MI movie)but he's still not even close to being a household name.

jamesduval.jpg

James Duval
Mainly likes to do independant movies,but is Frank in my favorite movie,Donnie Darko. Not enough room in the world for two Keanu Reeves,I guess.
[edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
pinholestar, those are some great examples. :D

I <3 this thread! :D

Lane Smith

lane-smith.jpg

Bruce McGill

Bruce_McGill.jpg

James Rebhorn (far right... not Data and not Bill "I-act-with-my-nostrils" Pullman)

bill_pullman6.jpg

PinholeStar said:
And you KNOW you've all seen this guy about:

Michael J. Hagerty

michaelghagertypg0.jpg
Hahah!

He always plays a working-class, slob loser. =D

He was in Red Heat, I think.

This is becoming an obsession!

How about these guys:

Al Leong (AKA "The Asian Danny Trejo". I swear this guy was in just about every 80's action movie that called for a Far-Eastern badass. As if to prove his tough-guy credentials, here he is taking a crap on the Hollywood sign:

al1vl2.jpg

Michael Ironside (Scanners, Total Recall, Starship Troopers, the voice of Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher + countless TV work)

ironside2nf4.jpg

William Devane (You've seen him)

hayeswq9.jpg

Joe Viterelli (ALWAYS plays a mob boss)

2038741ws3.jpg

I can't believe I've spent an hour of my Saturday afternoon scouring the internet for names & pictures of these guys. :eek:

tambo: Lane Smith is an awesome find! =D

PinholeStar said:
Al Leong (AKA "The Asian Danny Trejo". I swear this guy was in just about every 80's action movie that called for a Far-Eastern badass. As if to prove his tough-guy credentials, here he is taking a crap on the Hollywood sign:

al1vl2.jpg
Haha! No way!

I once called him "the rent-a-chink man" due to his appearance in every 80's flick. My half-Chinese girlfriend didn't laugh. He was in Die Hard as well, I think.

Good call on William Devane. I always thought he was awesome. Just acts like someone who you wouldn't want to fuck with.

tambourine-man said:
I once called him "the rent-a-chink man" due to his appearance in every 80's flick. My half-Chinese girlfriend didn't laugh.
I bet she didn't. 8) :|

Just cos you're g/f is 'half-chinese', it doesn't absolve you, you know???

ThatsRacist.gif

(mwahaha ;))

Bahah! :D

The "rent-a-chink man" will live forever in our hearts. <3

William Atherton (otherwise known as Walter Peck... or Walter Pecker... lol)

peck.jpg

Danny Aiello

aiello2.jpg

Face with a name

2710463.jpg

Catherine O'Hara

She's been in so many movies -- best known to me as the mom in Home Alone -- such as Beetle Juice, Orange County, A Series of Unfortunate events; guest starred on the show Six Feet Under; did voices in Over the Hedge, Chicken Little, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I could never remember her name though!

I have informed a couple people of what John C. Reilly's name was in the past. I remember reading this interview with him when he was promoting Talladega Nights about all of the movies he's been in, doing supporting/character roles, and he can still walk around on the street unrecognized. There must be something both awesome and kind of disappointing about that.