• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ACQUIRING insulin syringes??

tightlywound

Bluelighter
the last time I had to buy rigs (a box of 100) was like a year & a half ago (obviously I reuse them, not looking to be lectured on that).
back then, I had no trouble buying them from the Publix (sourthern US grocery chain, I'm in FL) pharmacy, no questions asked; but NOW, no matter what lovely little story I come up w/ for needing them, everywhere I've tried to purchase them seems to REQUIRE proof of an insulin prescription. >.<
I IV my zubsolv -- I've been mostly clean (as in, not getting high) for like 2 1/2 years, and haven't used illicit opiates at all in like a year and a half. so I don't have any of my old "junkie connects" that could assist me in my quest. =/ my tweaker SO is in prison at the moment too.

I haven't tried Walmart's pharmacy yet -- think I'd have any luck there? any other ideas?? I've been using the same old rig for like 6 WEEKS now! it's still hitting pretty good, but obviously I desperately need a new supply. ugh.

I'm slightly hesitant to order online because I'm living w/ my family at the moment and don't want to have to field questions about packages from online medical supply places ...also my mom makes my credit card payments, and so of course she'd see the charge. (yes, I am an adult child. leave me alone.) I'm sure I could probably explain it away somehow, but I'd just rather not have to deal w/ all that. but if push comes to shove and I REALLY have to, I will.
any other ideas though?

ETA: obviously no needle exchanges around these parts.

Wow it sounds like we are fighting similar battles! I too live in florida and IV my bupe as well, but have lately had more trouble than ever acquiring insulin syringes around here, most likely because I have to walk everywhere most of the time, and am a sweaty mess by the time I get to the store in the heat here! seeing as I have no car or any one to give me rides to get them at the usual Wal-Mart I used to go for them when I lived in my old neighborhood and knew a lot of other IV users there and also had a car at that time. I didn't have any issues at the one Wal-Mart I used to go to, but since I have moved a little bit south of where I used to live only like maybe 20 mins away tops, I haven't found any pharmacies that will sell them over here like walgreens, publix, cvs, etc. or the nearby different Wal-Mart location than the one where I used to go and get them from no problem, no questions asked, no weird looks it was so easy but all the places I just mentioned look at me strange, ask me if I am a diabetic or have the insulin or insulin prescription on me, then when I say, "No. But my dad has diabetes and asked me to pick some up for him." or something of that sort, they immediately say "Well you will have to go get him then, sorry we cant sell them to just anyone!" or something like that depending on which place it is sometimes they are more rude sometimes they are less rude depending on the store. Its just fucking stupid though that we have to go through so much bullshit to IV drugs in a safer way. FL as a whole needs to have needle exchange programs all over the state because there are IV addicts from panama city to miami, especially now that heroin is everywhere too, but they don't give two shits about people like us. Anyways I am rambling lol. But yes, some Wal-Marts will sell them, some won't. I usually have my friend who lives up by the old one I used to get them from get them for me now, the problem is I cant rely on him all the time, he has a life too and sometimes he isn't able to do it. But I try to always have a few fresh rigs on hand, I hate using dulled out rigs that shouldn't be used. It sucks!

Wow it sounds like we are fighting similar battles! I too live in florida and IV my bupe as well, but have lately had more trouble than ever acquiring insulin syringes around here, most likely because I have to walk everywhere most of the time, and am a sweaty mess by the time I get to the store in the heat here! seeing as I have no car or any one to give me rides to get them at the usual Wal-Mart I used to go for them when I lived in my old neighborhood and knew a lot of other IV users there and also had a car at that time. I didn't have any issues at the one Wal-Mart I used to go to, but since I have moved a little bit south of where I used to live only like maybe 20 mins away tops, I haven't found any pharmacies that will sell them over here like walgreens, publix, cvs, etc. or the nearby different Wal-Mart location than the one where I used to go and get them from no problem, no questions asked, no weird looks it was so easy but all the places I just mentioned look at me strange, ask me if I am a diabetic or have the insulin or insulin prescription on me, then when I say, "No. But my dad has diabetes and asked me to pick some up for him." or something of that sort, they immediately say "Well you will have to go get him then, sorry we cant sell them to just anyone!" or something like that depending on which place it is sometimes they are more rude sometimes they are less rude depending on the store. Its just fucking stupid though that we have to go through so much bullshit to IV drugs in a safer way. FL as a whole needs to have needle exchange programs all over the state because there are IV addicts from panama city to miami, especially now that heroin is everywhere too, but they don't give two shits about people like us. Anyways I am rambling lol. But yes, some Wal-Marts will sell them, some won't. I usually have my friend who lives up by the old one I used to get them from get them for me now, the problem is I cant rely on him all the time, he has a life too and sometimes he isn't able to do it. But I try to always have a few fresh rigs on hand, I hate using dulled out rigs that shouldn't be used. It sucks!

ugh I feeeel your struggle. =/

just the other day I tried at both one of the Publixes in town and one of the Walgreen's w/ a story about my sister being diabetic (she's not) -- everyone was perfectly friendly, not rude at all, but they all wanted to put a call in to whatever pharmacy I told them my sister purportedly got her insulin from and confirm that she was indeed diabetic/on insulin, at which point I would just make up some line about this being such a hassle and not wanting to do this when my stupid sister should be doing it herself, and leave. 8)
I played it so well too! looking down at a little piece of paper (on which allegedly my mother had written exactly what I was supposed to be there for) and reading in a voice that says "I don't know what the hell any of this means but I hope I'm getting it right," "I need some uhm, '29g long' insulin syringes? '100u' kind? in a big box? do you have those?"
I mean, I don't really think I even look like a junkie. -.- other maybe than the fact that I'm like 30lbs underweight. that's certainly not drug related though. but maybe that's why they question me. who knows?
damn pharmacy workers.

we may both just have to suck it up and order online.
I'm going to try Wallyworld tomorrow though.

In my experience Walmart is the best or easiest place to get them. Usually it's a no questions asked kind of deal, you just calmly and politely ask for the size syringe you need and give them your preferred needle gauge. Sometimes the mom n' pop pharmacies are a good place to go too, but then you're dealing with a lot more stress usually and they're gonna want to see your ID most likely.

I'd suggest ordering them online but you already explained why that's a no-go. You could however contact a bunch of the online shops and ask what name they go under on billing transactions. If it's a squeaky clean name then just have them shipped to a safe address and if asked about the purchase just explain that you were buying some vitamins or some crap like that.

Best of luck

Yeah I still live at home with my parents, unfortunately, but I do not have the means to move out at the moment and I am just happy they have let me stay as long as they have from all the shit I have pulled when I was bad on opiates, coke, crack, and for a short period a-pvp which made me crazy! Fuck a-pvp or flakka or whatever you wanna call it, that shit is a one way ticket to either jail or a psych ward! Never will I touch that shit again after the horrible experiences I put myself through from it. Anyways they would for sure be pissed off if I were to have them shipped to my house. So I cant really do that without problems arising.

Anyways, yeah Wal-Mart or mom and pop pharms are most likely the best bet. I mean I have gone to Wal-Mart every time to get them or had someone do it for me, and they truly don't care at a good portion of them. Usually the ones in the hood/not so nice areas will do it, no questions asked. I also would either bring in an old wrapper for the size, guage, etc of the syringe I wanted, until they actually began recognizing me and knew what I was going to ask for. I have also seen people, that were so obviously junkies walk into the different mom and pop pharms I use to fill my scripts, and just ask for insulin syringes in whatever size etc. and the pharmacists handed them right over, with a smile on their face and all. Really it all comes down to the pharmacists though. And 90% of the people in FL at least who run the chain pharmacies are uptight assholes who just want nothing more than to tell someone no or talk down on them because they can! If I worked a pharmacy like that I would be so cool to people, being able to relate and all. It isn't illegal in FL to sell insulin syringes to people, they just act like that because 1. they have an asshole boss and don't want to lose their job or 2. because they just want to be assholes and give you a hard time, because they are miserable fucks who have nothing better to do. But for all the pharmacists who actually sell people clean syringes and don't give people a hard time, regardless if they are diabetic or not, Thank you if you are by chance reading this! It really helps for the sake of Harm Reduction!

Last edited: