Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid trip preparation help, vistaril

Willydog155

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I am currently getting delivered 4 tabs of acid that I will be taking in about an hour. I will be taking 1 and my other friends will also be taking one. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, and am getting a little iffy about the decision I am going to make. Acid is very rare around here so not taking it is almost out of the question. This will be done at a very close friends house in a setting I am familiar with. I also have 50 mg vistaril handy and was wondering if I can use this to calm me down if neccesery. any advice to prepare and deal with any amxiety? I have taken shrooms before and that resulted in passing out and seizing :?. Any advice for my trip?

I'm sorry no one responded to you faster, but just wanted to say that I am not personally aware of any negative interactions between LSD and hydroxyzine. However, whether or not it will help you calm down I really cannot say. Did you end up dosing after all? As for advice for dealing with anxiety, it kind of comes down to what the sources of your anxiety are, but there are general tricks you can use to help yourself too, like taking deep, full inhales in through your nose and then exhaling them through your mouth. Going outside and taking breaths of fresh air also helps me a lot when I'm getting panicky.

if you are anxious. you will have a horrendous time. Get over your anxiety before dabbling into LSD. it is like mushrooms but lasts 2x longer. your question is written upon a false premise. If you say you have anxiety, if you allow your mind to think that. you may lose yourself. You must have confidence in yourself or you will just be burying your head under pillows wanting it to stop. every bad trip i have ever had has come from me being in the wrong frame of mind. from being afraid. Understand the LSD molecule cannot hurt you, the only thing that can hurt you is your mind. you have side effects? theyre side effects, they may be uncomfortable but that is all they ever will be. your head hurts? drink water and calm down. You cant die, you wont die. just remember that.

if you are anxious. you will have a horrendous time. Get over your anxiety before dabbling into LSD. it is like mushrooms but lasts 2x longer. your question is written upon a false premise. If you say you have anxiety, if you allow your mind to think that. you may lose yourself. You must have confidence in yourself or you will just be burying your head under pillows wanting it to stop. every bad trip i have ever had has come from me being in the wrong frame of mind. from being afraid. Understand the LSD molecule cannot hurt you, the only thing that can hurt you is your mind. you have side effects? theyre side effects, they may be uncomfortable but that is all they ever will be. your head hurts? drink water and calm down. You cant die, you wont die. just remember that.

ex-soldier, had massive PTSD stress-anxiety, watched friends die and bombs explode just meters away from me. I overcame all of this through therapy and MDMA usage talking with other vets. we fear the anticipation of pain much more than actual pain.

What terrible advice. "Get over your illness before you go see the doctor". I used to throw up every morning from anxiety, I would shake on the busride to school. Psychedelics have helped me learn to face and cope with my anxiety rather than cowering in fear. I've still got anxiety but I understand it much better. Anxiety should not prevent you from taking psychedelics. Just be wary that it can be a difficult experience at the time.

yeah, look at my post above yours, sorry ur school bus had a bunch of bullies on it, kiddo.

yeah, look at my post above yours, sorry ur school bus had a bunch of bullies on it, kiddo.

It didn't. I have autism, tourette's and every major anxiety disorder besides agoraphobia (including PTSD). I had to drop out of school.

taking hydroxyzine to dull an LSD trip would be like shooting a BB gun at an Abrams tank, IMO

I'm sorry no one responded to you faster, but just wanted to say that I am not personally aware of any negative interactions between LSD and hydroxyzine. However, whether or not it will help you calm down I really cannot say. Did you end up dosing after all? As for advice for dealing with anxiety, it kind of comes down to what the sources of your anxiety are, but there are general tricks you can use to help yourself too, like taking deep, full inhales in through your nose and then exhaling them through your mouth. Going outside and taking breaths of fresh air also helps me a lot when I'm getting panicky.

yes I did end up dosing and it was the most mind boggling, ego destroying, emotional, happy, sad, and worst experience of my life. Ended up crawling home to my mother on acid. Anyone think it would be a good idea to do a trip report?