View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid setting questions, any advice would be wonderful

rhythmic universe

Greenlighter
i have done lsd many times before, but never in a higher dose than 1.5 . i am going camping and want to try 2-3, i am going to be with good friends, it will be safe, but im slightly nervous. however i have done a higher dose of psychedelics before. any similar experiences or advice would be awesome, thanks!

I have not actually taken LSD while camping, but I have taken it outside in the woods at night with close friends. I have to say that the setting makes it significantly more intense for me; I would expect three hits in that to be at least as visual as ten hits for me would be inside my home (even in the dark) if not more so, as it has proven to be in the past. Similarly the mental changes for me at least doubled in strength. The primary reason for all of this is the fact that the brain automatically switches modes when going from an enclosed and controlled environment to the wide open world, from simply letting your mind wander to constantly searching for details in the surroundings and checking subconscious variables about what is happening to and around you. These things can easily translate into massive hallucinations like seeing animals, insects, people, or anything your imagination can come up with in the grass, trees, water, and everywhere you look, and these things also make it easier to slip into delusions as well. However, if you have taken higher doses of other psychedelics before, and especially if you are at least somewhat familiar with the area, I doubt it will be too difficult to handle with your friends there with you. Just be aware that it can indeed get quite a bit stronger in that setting.

I would be carefull with taking double the amount you are used to. If you thought e.g. 1.5 were intense and you'd like more I would add half off that what you have had on top: 1.5x1.5 hits = 2 and 1/4 hits.
You will significantly increase intensity with that and from there you can still see, i next time you want to take e.g. 3 hits: which is nearly adding half the amount on top again.

In my opinion: Very high doses are counterproductive when the setting offers interaction with other people. In plain terms: I would not go high when there are other people around.
It takes away from the experience in a sense that you are so far out that interaction itself is becoming a distraction from what is actually happening, maybe even combined with elements of confusion. Conversation about what is happening, conversation in general, then is like removing the experience in part.

Overall imo: take 2 and 1/4, setting sounds great.
You'll have a great day.

How many people will be there?